Mattress Firm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager On Duty Interview

Manager On Duty
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2011.

Interview Details – I flew to South Florida to interview with the District Manager. It was a one on one interview. The DM was very informative about the company and I learned information that I did not know before interviewing.

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2014.

Interview Details – Online interview includes lengthy personality test. The next step is a phone interview. The interviewer spends the first few minutes telling you about his (her) experience with the company. This takes longer than you think so just listen and take a minute to calm down. The remainder is you talking about your resume and how your experience would make you a good candidate. The next step is a call-in for an in person interview. Don't be surprised if the call comes many days after promised

Interview Question – Why do you want to work specifically for Mattress Firm   Answer Question

Manager On Duty Interview

Manager On Duty
Loganville, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty quick and easy. You submit your application online. If they accept your resume, you get a call from the corporate office for a pre screening or phone interview. If you impress on the phone, they will find out where you live and set up a face to face with a hiring manager and you go through the interview.

Interview Question – Didn't really get a question that I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Area Manager/Store Manager Interview

Area Manager/Store Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited to work for the company by an owner of a franchise in my home town. I worked next door as a manager for Steak n' Shake and spoke with the employees of Mattress Firm on a daily basis. I refused the first offer, but after their persistent approach and friendly behavior, with the prospect to make more money and work less hours, I committed.

Interview Question – Straight Forward interview process/ be ready with customer service related questions or experiences.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2011.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview with talent acquisition, then I had an interview with the Market Manager, and finally another phone interview with the Regional VP of Sales. It was a very informal and informative process.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. It was very conversational. The point of the interview was to see how I could hold a conversation and how that would translate into building rapport with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation for this particular job title.

Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview

Mattress Firm Store Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2011.

Interview Details – You will submit a application and cover letter online. If you meet their criteria you can expect a call within a week, for a 15 minute phone interview. If you make it past this interview, you will be given a face to face. This interview is very professional. Have a fresh haircut, be clean shaven and smell nice, dress in a suite that fits appropriately. Be prepared to have your resume scoured over. You will be given hypothetical questions about management and customer service. Be ready to list 3 good and bad traits of yourself. Be ready to interview for 45 min - 1 hour.

Interview Question – Tell me the most difficult situation you had with a customer, or client and how you resolved it?...This question was also hard if youre not prepared: List 3 things or traits you do well or are good, a 3 things you need to improve on or bad traits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation other than the time off you expect to have around holidays.

MIT Interview

MIT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was approximately 2 weeks long. After completing the online assessments I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a one on one interview with an area manager. This interview was very laid back and informal. I was behavioral questions as well as some personal get to know me questions. After completing this part of the process I was asked to do a one on one interview with the DM. This was very similar to the interview with the area manager! A few days later I received a call and offered the Job!

Interview Question – None all the questions are questions that almost ever interviewer ask! Just be yourself and be confident and it will work out!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Manager In Training/Manager On Duty Interview

Manager In Training/Manager On Duty
Muncie, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited at a local university sales career fair. I met with the recruiters at the table and talked about the company and my background. Then, I was offered an interview for the next day while the corporate recruiter was in town. They notified me within a week that I was being offered a position and gave me a couple of days to think about it. I accepted and was then given a couple more weeks to put in notification at my former job and get everything in line.

Interview Question – Questions in the interview were all expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Sales Management Trainee

Interviewed at Mattress Firm

Interview Details – Submit your resume and fill out your personal details and background online. Then complete an online assessment which tests your personality (12 pages worth!). Next stage is a telephone interview with a recruiter and then a face-to-face interview. You have training for the first 4-6weeks and then go and work in a branch.

Interview Question – Three words to describe yourself; Three words to describe the job that you are applying for, why those are important and when you have shown examples of them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Long hours; have to work weekends; little time off.

District Sales Manager Interview

District Sales Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough pre screening process, phone interview for screening and then a face to face with the local hiring manager.

Negotiation Details – None really, except to nogotiate the start date. Very flexible.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mattress Firm

Worked for Mattress Firm? Contribute to the Community!

Mattress Firm Videos

Mattress Firm – Why Work for Us?

Back in 1986 when we entered into the business world, our founders had big dreams too. Through hard work and dedication to getting the job done, that dream was realized. Today, Mattress Firm has grown from one store in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mattress Firm interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mattress Firm employees and interview candidates.