Mattress Firm

Average Difficulty
76 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager On Duty

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in July 2012.

Interview Details – There will be a phone interview in which an in person interview is scheduled with the District Manager.
The phone interview is basically a brief resume review and a few questions about availability.
My interview with the District Manager was mostly a conversation that took place at a Starbucks.
This was pretty casual.

Interview Question – Would you rather take an employee with a great performance and poor values or an employee with a poor performance and great values?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not available at all.

Manager On Duty

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mattress Firm in February 2014.

Interview Details – One of the easiest and smoothest interview processes I've ever had the pleasure to be involved in. From my initial application online at mattressfirm.com to my first interview only took a couple of days, and was hired within a week.

Interview Question – I was asked what the hardest sale I ever had to make was. Wasn't hard, just unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no need for negotiation. Felt that this was the perfect fit for me, and what they were offering was better than any of there competitors were offering, and the ability to move up within the company was a real eye opener. Have worked for similar companies in the past, and none of them offered the opportunities that this company had to offer. I've been with the company for 5 months, and already am being considered for a management position. Results may very for others as you get what you put into this career. In essence, if you put the effort in to be your best, your efforts will be rewarded with the best.

Viera, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2014.

Interview Details – Co-workers are great they always want to help you get the sale and grow! Offices and strategically positioned to help every store grow and they put you where you can make the most money and be challenged! The work culture is BEST thing about this job! The company truly cares about you and your success!

Interview Question – The computers are a little out dated and a small challenge but that is with any sales company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me the position and that was it you start low and build in the company!

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in May 2011.

Interview Details – You start by filling out an online assessment, its a little lengthy, but not hard. The next step is a phone interview that's about a half hour. After that I had a face to face interview with a District Manager. I was living in Ohio at the time, but wanted to work in Texas. They allowed me to interview in Columbus, which made things so much easier.

Interview Question – The hardest question came up during the face to face interview - she asked me what I wouldn't want my previous employer to tell her.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – its a base plus commission, so I get to set my pay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2011.

Interview Details – I flew to South Florida to interview with the District Manager. It was a one on one interview. The DM was very informative about the company and I learned information that I did not know before interviewing.

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2014.

Interview Details – Online interview includes lengthy personality test. The next step is a phone interview. The interviewer spends the first few minutes telling you about his (her) experience with the company. This takes longer than you think so just listen and take a minute to calm down. The remainder is you talking about your resume and how your experience would make you a good candidate. The next step is a call-in for an in person interview. Don't be surprised if the call comes many days after promised

Interview Question – Why do you want to work specifically for Mattress Firm   Answer Question

Loganville, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty quick and easy. You submit your application online. If they accept your resume, you get a call from the corporate office for a pre screening or phone interview. If you impress on the phone, they will find out where you live and set up a face to face with a hiring manager and you go through the interview.

Interview Question – Didn't really get a question that I didn't expect.   Answer Question

Area Manager/Store Manager Interview

Area Manager/Store Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was recruited to work for the company by an owner of a franchise in my home town. I worked next door as a manager for Steak n' Shake and spoke with the employees of Mattress Firm on a daily basis. I refused the first offer, but after their persistent approach and friendly behavior, with the prospect to make more money and work less hours, I committed.

Interview Question – Straight Forward interview process/ be ready with customer service related questions or experiences.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2011.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview with talent acquisition, then I had an interview with the Market Manager, and finally another phone interview with the Regional VP of Sales. It was a very informal and informative process.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. It was very conversational. The point of the interview was to see how I could hold a conversation and how that would translate into building rapport with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation for this particular job title.

Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview

Mattress Firm Store Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2011.

Interview Details – You will submit a application and cover letter online. If you meet their criteria you can expect a call within a week, for a 15 minute phone interview. If you make it past this interview, you will be given a face to face. This interview is very professional. Have a fresh haircut, be clean shaven and smell nice, dress in a suite that fits appropriately. Be prepared to have your resume scoured over. You will be given hypothetical questions about management and customer service. Be ready to list 3 good and bad traits of yourself. Be ready to interview for 45 min - 1 hour.

Interview Question – Tell me the most difficult situation you had with a customer, or client and how you resolved it?...This question was also hard if youre not prepared: List 3 things or traits you do well or are good, a 3 things you need to improve on or bad traits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation other than the time off you expect to have around holidays.

Worked for Mattress Firm? Contribute to the Community!