Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Muncie, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

fair fun and done in a timely manner. Interviewer was extremely kind and helpful. gave the pros and cons of the business and let you know what to expect. made making my decision for the next step in my life very easy. I am looking forward to starting my career with them in the summer. Also offers great internship opportunities. Would definitely recommend trying an interview with this company for future employees.

Interview Questions

• what did i look for in a company   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the company maybe a week after applying online. Set up a phone interview that was supposed to take 15 minutes and took 30. They started by describing their personal experience moving up the ranks in the company and then asked for my background. Interview was easy, and afterward I was required to take 2 online tests--one timed, math-related, and the other a personality test. Have on-site interview next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (South Bend, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Through. Started with a phone interview. Continued with phone interview to set up a meeting to do a face to face interview. Then connected with recruiter again. Then got directions on how to fill out drug screen and background checks. Shortly after got directions for training class.

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. They asked questions about my experience and the usual interview questions.

Personality is what seems to be important. If you seem responsible and have a winning personality, then I am sure you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The pay is what they say it is.

SMOD Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in December 2014.

Interview

Was referred to the company by an employee of Bedding experts after they were initial acquired by Mattress Firm. Applied over the summer it HR close to 2 months to get back to me in regards to an interview.

Did over the phone interview with the HR recruiter that lasted 35-40 mins. Exactly energy throughout out the phone interview made you feel excited and welcomed to the position and company. The phone interview was rather personable and engaging, seemingly switching from side bar conversation to standard interview questions.

2 weeks later interviewed with a district manager and an area manager face to face . Again the interview was upbeat and engaging with both the DM and AM answering the interview questions from their own experience.

At the interview end, was offered a shadow day to see how the store operates . Went to the the shadow didn't much happen. Great time with the SMOD as he told me about the job from his POV.
    The shadow was the day before Xmas eve but didn't get an offer until January 4 after placing several calls to the DM.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a negative customer experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was sent an offer sheet from HR detailing the pay scale and commission struction. No negotiations were involved.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I went through the initial phone interview and moved on to the next step which was to meet the District Manager. The interview was scheduled and I drove over to the interview and the District Manager never showed up. On my way home I called the DM and he indicated that he left me a message on my home phone. When I got home I checked my messages and sure enough he did. The only problem is he left the message after I had already left for the interview. He said he didn't have my cell phone number which is ironic because I was called by the HR department on my cell phone. Long story short, I would not want to work for a company that showed the lack of organization that Mattress Firm did. I called HR the next day and they made every excuse they could to try to cover for the DM and I told them I was not interested in pursuing a position with the company. I was told the DM used to own the chain of stores that Mattress Firm bought from him. I very seldom ever see any customers in any of their stores. My suggestion before going to work for this company is talking to some of the employees presently working in the town that you plan on interviewing with.

Store Manager Trainnee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was a breezy. Why do you want to work here, what qualities do you possess that will make you a great fit. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client. Tell me about a time you didn't follow procedures. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

• None, If you review the interview questions on glass door you will do just fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Emailed to schedule interview time/location. Interview was at a hotel 10 miles away. Interview was conducted in a large banquet room at a large table sitting at the end. Interviewer was very friendly and easy going. They said they would get back to me in a week or so.

Interview Questions

Minimum hours were 50 hours per week. You were not assigned to a store. You have to drive to different locations every day. Some over ten miles. The pay does not equal to the amount of hours worked. Mandatory two week training was over 20 miles from my home and paid ten dollars an hour.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in November 2014.

Interview

Process took about 2-3 weeks. I talked to a recruiter who says that my resume was impressive, but started the interview off asking me to talk about myself. The recruiter seemed ill prepared and only had about 3 questions for me that seemed to be general and then asked me if I had any questions. Phone call was supposed to be 30 minutes. Only lasted 15 minutes.

Store Manager/Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a corporate recruiter for a phone interview and then I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the district manager. The interview was quite long for me because I really hit it off with the District Manager and we just talked a great deal. I was made to feel very comfortable and it was an easy interview for me because I felt very relaxed. After this interview I got a job offer within two days. Then it was about another week before I actually started my job.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. It is a flat offer.