Mattress Firm

2.6

Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loganville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in December 2012.

The hiring process is pretty quick and easy. You submit your application online. If they accept your resume, you get a call from the corporate office for a pre screening or phone interview. If you impress on the phone, they will find out where you live and set up a face to face with a hiring manager and you go through the interview.

Area Manager/Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2011.

I was recruited to work for the company by an owner of a franchise in my home town. I worked next door as a manager for Steak n' Shake and spoke with the employees of Mattress Firm on a daily basis. I refused the first offer, but after their persistent approach and friendly behavior, with the prospect to make more money and work less hours, I committed.

Interview Questions
    • Straight Forward interview process/ be ready with customer service related questions or experiences.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2011.

Began with a phone interview with talent acquisition, then I had an interview with the Market Manager, and finally another phone interview with the Regional VP of Sales. It was a very informal and informative process.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. It was very conversational. The point of the interview was to see how I could hold a conversation and how that would translate into building rapport with customers.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation for this particular job title.

Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2011.

You will submit a application and cover letter online. If you meet their criteria you can expect a call within a week, for a 15 minute phone interview. If you make it past this interview, you will be given a face to face. This interview is very professional. Have a fresh haircut, be clean shaven and smell nice, dress in a suite that fits appropriately. Be prepared to have your resume scoured over. You will be given hypothetical questions about management and customer service. Be ready to list 3 good and bad traits of yourself. Be ready to interview for 45 min - 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the most difficult situation you had with a customer, or client and how you resolved it?...This question was also hard if youre not prepared: List 3 things or traits you do well or are good, a 3 things you need to improve on or bad traits.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation other than the time off you expect to have around holidays.

MIT Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2014.

The interview process was approximately 2 weeks long. After completing the online assessments I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a one on one interview with an area manager. This interview was very laid back and informal. I was behavioral questions as well as some personal get to know me questions. After completing this part of the process I was asked to do a one on one interview with the DM. This was very similar to the interview with the area manager! A few days later I received a call and offered the Job!

Interview Questions
    • None all the questions are questions that almost ever interviewer ask! Just be yourself and be confident and it will work out!   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Manager In Training/Manager On Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Muncie, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2013.

I was recruited at a local university sales career fair. I met with the recruiters at the table and talked about the company and my background. Then, I was offered an interview for the next day while the corporate recruiter was in town. They notified me within a week that I was being offered a position and gave me a couple of days to think about it. I accepted and was then given a couple more weeks to put in notification at my former job and get everything in line.

Very little negotiation

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Submit your resume and fill out your personal details and background online. Then complete an online assessment which tests your personality (12 pages worth!). Next stage is a telephone interview with a recruiter and then a face-to-face interview. You have training for the first 4-6weeks and then go and work in a branch.

Interview Questions
    • Three words to describe yourself; Three words to describe the job that you are applying for, why those are important and when you have shown examples of them.   Answer Question

Long hours; have to work weekends; little time off.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2010.

Very thorough pre screening process, phone interview for screening and then a face to face with the local hiring manager.

None really, except to nogotiate the start date. Very flexible.

Store Manager/Sleep Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Not too lengthy a couple weeks from start to finish

Sale Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Phone interview then face to face

no negotiation