Mattress Firm

2.5

MOD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in September 2014.

The process was a little unorthodox. I was unsure about the company as I already had a job. So, I met with the District Manager and we talked for hours. Then when we decided to pursue further. I met with the Area Manager and talked with her, and then I had a phone interview.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

You will interview with Loss Prevention executives. At least 3 different people that I can think of. Come prepared and well versed in what you are going to say. Dress to impress. Bring extra copies of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Think of your weaknesses and how you redeveloping them into strengths.   Answer Question

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Phone, Face to face. Good experience. I felt I was in a goo place to grow and use some of my previous experience to grow even more. The district was getting ready to split so my time between interviewing and starting was longer than normal .

Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in July 2014.

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by in-person with District Manager, followed by in-person with Area Manager. You will receive a phone call during each step of the process if you are selected to advance to the next step, or an email if your application has been rejected.
    The main point of all the screening seems to be to determine if your personality is a good fit for retail sales. You need to sell yourself during the interview process to be convincing that you're the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly difficult, but the one that seemed to get the most emphasis is "why do you want this job?"   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2014.

Online interview includes lengthy personality test. The next step is a phone interview. The interviewer spends the first few minutes telling you about his (her) experience with the company. This takes longer than you think so just listen and take a minute to calm down. The remainder is you talking about your resume and how your experience would make you a good candidate. The next step is a call-in for an in person interview. Don't be surprised if the call comes many days after promised

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work specifically for Mattress Firm   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Submit your resume and fill out your personal details and background online. Then complete an online assessment which tests your personality (12 pages worth!). Next stage is a telephone interview with a recruiter and then a face-to-face interview. You have training for the first 4-6weeks and then go and work in a branch.

Interview Questions
    • Three words to describe yourself; Three words to describe the job that you are applying for, why those are important and when you have shown examples of them.   Answer Question

Long hours; have to work weekends; little time off.

MIT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2014.

The interview process was approximately 2 weeks long. After completing the online assessments I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I had a one on one interview with an area manager. This interview was very laid back and informal. I was behavioral questions as well as some personal get to know me questions. After completing this part of the process I was asked to do a one on one interview with the DM. This was very similar to the interview with the area manager! A few days later I received a call and offered the Job!

Interview Questions
    • None all the questions are questions that almost ever interviewer ask! Just be yourself and be confident and it will work out!   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Store Manager/Sleep Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Not too lengthy a couple weeks from start to finish

Sale Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Phone interview then face to face

no negotiation

Assistant Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Had two interviews and it was laid back but formal.

Interview Questions
    • If you were not successful at this job why would it be.   Answer Question