Mattress Firm Interview Questions

2.5

Assistant Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Had two interviews and it was laid back but formal.

Interview Questions
    • If you were not successful at this job why would it be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2014.

Co-workers are great they always want to help you get the sale and grow! Offices and strategically positioned to help every store grow and they put you where you can make the most money and be challenged! The work culture is BEST thing about this job! The company truly cares about you and your success!

Interview Questions
    • The computers are a little out dated and a small challenge but that is with any sales company.   Answer Question
    They gave me the position and that was it you start low and build in the company!

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2014.

I was contacted by a Mattress Firm recruiter based on my resume on CareerBuilder. After two initial phone conversations/interviews with that same recruiter, I was asked in for a face-to-face interview with the District Manager. This was a comfortable but formal, professional interview process, and very timely. I think this directly reflected the company culture itself.

Interview Questions
    • What song plays when you walk into a room full of people?   View Answer
    The company was very forthcoming with what base salary and commission pay are as sales people within the corporate company, as well as the hours required. These were already enough and not flexible so I did not negotiate, but I did not need to.

Manager On Duty Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in February 2014.

One of the easiest and smoothest interview processes I've ever had the pleasure to be involved in. From my initial application online at mattressfirm.com to my first interview only took a couple of days, and was hired within a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what the hardest sale I ever had to make was. Wasn't hard, just unexpected.   View Answer
    There was no need for negotiation. Felt that this was the perfect fit for me, and what they were offering was better than any of there competitors were offering, and the ability to move up within the company was a real eye opener. Have worked for similar companies in the past, and none of them offered the opportunities that this company had to offer. I've been with the company for 5 months, and already am being considered for a management position. Results may very for others as you get what you put into this career. In essence, if you put the effort in to be your best, your efforts will be rewarded with the best.

Area Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm in February 2014.

The process is 2 step. after resume submission you get a call from someone in HR at the company HQ. then if you pass the phone interview you will be set up for a face to face with a District Manager. the company will ask you many of the standard interview questions. tell me of a time when........but they are looking for people who want to make a lot of money ethically....to me that was the bottom line. do you have the desire and drive to learn the craft and sell, and can you do it honestly and ethically

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation, all monies are company policy

Manager In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

I was notified because a recruiter saw my Resume' online. His name was Bryce. He was very nice and just asked general information and some things about my resume'. He told me what they were looking for and that I didn't need previous experience to sell mattresses. He set up a second interview with someone closer to where I lived. The second interview was actually at a building and they asked me more questions about my personality. They are looking to see if they feel like someone would buy from you, would want to work with you for long periods of time, and could you be their boss one day!

No negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

I was called by a Talent Acquisition Recruiter. She called around 1 PM. I interviewed with her at 5:30 PM on that same day.

Mattress Firm Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

I came into Mattress Firm as a walk in to recieve help with the purchase of a mattress. Afterwards was told about the compnay and that they were expanding and looking for great people. After completing the application, spoke with District Manager about a face to face interview. Filled out basic info (Tax stuff,contact info ect) Drug test, background check. Then started work on the first of the month.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very laid back, they are mainly looking to see if you are a people person or not and how much work experience you have.   Answer Question
    None, the company paid more than previous employer and better work enviroment and benefits.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2014.

Telephone screening interview with HR in Houston. Very by the book behavioral questions, and STARS answers. Those quoted in this forum are on it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. This is not good over the phone for me. Not many cues about where THEY want this one to go.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2014.

Pleasant experience with little to no pressure. Interviewed with two area representatives.