Mattress Firm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.5

Store Manager/Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a corporate recruiter for a phone interview and then I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the district manager. The interview was quite long for me because I really hit it off with the District Manager and we just talked a great deal. I was made to feel very comfortable and it was an easy interview for me because I felt very relaxed. After this interview I got a job offer within two days. Then it was about another week before I actually started my job.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. It is a flat offer.

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

I applied online and within the next month a HR person called me and asked what times that I would be available to interview. The interview process was fairly easy because I have been preparing for interviews with other companies. once I completed the first interview I was asked to meet with the District manager. This interview was not really difficult as well. After this meeting I was offered a position with Matress Firm.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

Application

interviewed at Mattress Firm (Bloomingdale, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

applied online. took a mental aptitude test for about an hour. after a week got a call from the HR office to schedule a time to meet someone for an interview. The place for interviews was an hour and 15 min drive away . Ive never seen a major corporation have interviews and training 70 miles from the city you apply for. I ran a few minutes late but did call ahead to who was supposed to meet me(voicemail). Found out later he wasn't even in the same state that day.. when I did get to the office I had to sit in an empty office for almost 30 minutes until someone got around to wanting to run the interview. then it was almost an hour of "name a time when blah blah blah" name your strenths weakness. what would your last supervisor say about you doing....blah blah. why do you want to work here. its my dream job to sell $3000 mattresses. one question was sell me a bottle of water. I did a quick needs basis sell and she was confused probably never seen that skill. then she said whats good about the water and I did the normal wimpy sales pitch she was looking for. Found out job is 5 10 hour days. I can see why its salary when you work all those hours. Commission should be around 15k avg they say. but still a decent pay. after all that effort I got a canned email saying no. ive been in sales over 10 years and can sell mattresses in my sleep

Interview Questions

• there weren't any hard questions it was all textbook q&a   Answer Question

MOD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with the District Manager and then you interview with an Assistant Manager. If you make it then you will move to drug screen, background check and employment check of your previous employers. I got the job but I didn't make as much money as I was told I would. The interview was positive and informative as well. I was told that I would be hearing from her within a week but if I did not hear back from her; it would mean that they considered another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They go over your previous employment history, they ask you if you know the history of Mattress Firm.   Answer Question

MOD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Louisville, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was a little unorthodox. I was unsure about the company as I already had a job. So, I met with the District Manager and we talked for hours. Then when we decided to pursue further. I met with the Area Manager and talked with her, and then I had a phone interview.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX).

Interview

You will interview with Loss Prevention executives. At least 3 different people that I can think of. Come prepared and well versed in what you are going to say. Dress to impress. Bring extra copies of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Think of your weaknesses and how you redeveloping them into strengths.   Answer Question

Salesman Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone after I submitted my application online. She stated I would be a good fit and she would set up an interview with the District Manager. Met with DM who spent most of the time talking about how great the job and company were and how the pay structure was set up. When a company representative is spending a lot of time trying to sell you on the job, the job probably sucks. Selling beds at Mattress Firm sucks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is what it is

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2014.

Interview

First is a phone call that lasts about 30 minutes from a recruiter talking about your background. Then I went in for an in-person interview that lasted about 45 minutes. They ask a little about your background and a lot about your ambitions and goals. They look for people that are excited, have personality, drive and whether they think they would buy from you.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone, Face to face. Good experience. I felt I was in a goo place to grow and use some of my previous experience to grow even more. The district was getting ready to split so my time between interviewing and starting was longer than normal .

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by in-person with District Manager, followed by in-person with Area Manager. You will receive a phone call during each step of the process if you are selected to advance to the next step, or an email if your application has been rejected. The main point of all the screening seems to be to determine if your personality is a good fit for retail sales. You need to sell yourself during the interview process to be convincing that you're the right fit.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult, but the one that seemed to get the most emphasis is "why do you want this job?"   Answer Question