Mattress Firm Manager On Duty Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

Easy not hard at all. They want people so really just asked me about life also I worked at Sleepys before. THey asked me how was it working at Sleepys and what were their major stores and etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Manager On Duty Interview

Interview

Really easy, laid back, took awhile, done in the warehouse. Conversation like demeanor, light hearted with some intermittent hard questions, asked about previous sales accomplishments and the ways I met them. Asked about my experience working with customers and to explain a difficult situation I had with a customer and how I was able to resolve it so that the customer left happy and satisfied.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

It begins with a phone call informing you of the basics and letting you get a feel for the company's culture. They then move to an in person interview at one of the stores.

Interview Questions

• Mosley standard question but many of them were more along the lines of getting to know who you are as a person and not just your experience in sales. Much more in depth and complete than other interviews   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was a multi-step process. Two phone interviews/pre-screening were conducted by corporate recruiters. Recruiters recommended that I interview in-person with district manager. I was asked which district worked best based on my address.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for Mattress Firm by email and asked if I was interested in a preliminary phone interview. I said yes and set it up for three days later. The recruiter called me about five minutes before the scheduled time and asked if I was ready to talk. I am not sure if this was a part of the interview test or not. The phone interview was very normal and the questions were pretty easy. Normal things like "what was your last job like" and "what do you think a good trait of a sales person is?" It took about 20min and after he told me he would review with the district manager and if they wanted an in person interview they would call me in 3 days and if not, they would email me declining. The next day he called me in the evening when I could not answer and left a message saying they liked my interview and wanted to set up a face to face with the district manager for a week or so later. I called back the next day to confirm but no answer so I left a message. A week went by and no return call from them.

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Muncie, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

fair fun and done in a timely manner. Interviewer was extremely kind and helpful. gave the pros and cons of the business and let you know what to expect. made making my decision for the next step in my life very easy. I am looking forward to starting my career with them in the summer. Also offers great internship opportunities. Would definitely recommend trying an interview with this company for future employees.

Interview Questions

• what did i look for in a company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (South Bend, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Through. Started with a phone interview. Continued with phone interview to set up a meeting to do a face to face interview. Then connected with recruiter again. Then got directions on how to fill out drug screen and background checks. Shortly after got directions for training class.

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. They asked questions about my experience and the usual interview questions. Personality is what seems to be important. If you seem responsible and have a winning personality, then I am sure you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The pay is what they say it is.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Very short, they will hire almost anyone. Managers at the front were insightful, but also provided misleading information. When interviewing, your one on one will be with a District manager. Everything he said about the job was true except the pay expectations.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales have your done? Why do you feel you'd be good for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Viera, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mattress Firm (Viera, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Co-workers are great they always want to help you get the sale and grow! Offices and strategically positioned to help every store grow and they put you where you can make the most money and be challenged! The work culture is BEST thing about this job! The company truly cares about you and your success!

Interview Questions

• The computers are a little out dated and a small challenge but that is with any sales company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the position and that was it you start low and build in the company!