Mattress Firm Manager On Duty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2015.

Through. Started with a phone interview. Continued with phone interview to set up a meeting to do a face to face interview. Then connected with recruiter again. Then got directions on how to fill out drug screen and background checks. Shortly after got directions for training class.

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Manager On Duty Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

The interview was relatively easy. They asked questions about my experience and the usual interview questions.

Personality is what seems to be important. If you seem responsible and have a winning personality, then I am sure you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and what was the result?   View Answer
    There was none. The pay is what they say it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in March 2014.

Co-workers are great they always want to help you get the sale and grow! Offices and strategically positioned to help every store grow and they put you where you can make the most money and be challenged! The work culture is BEST thing about this job! The company truly cares about you and your success!

Interview Questions
    • The computers are a little out dated and a small challenge but that is with any sales company.   Answer Question
    They gave me the position and that was it you start low and build in the company!

Manager On Duty Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in February 2014.

One of the easiest and smoothest interview processes I've ever had the pleasure to be involved in. From my initial application online at mattressfirm.com to my first interview only took a couple of days, and was hired within a week.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what the hardest sale I ever had to make was. Wasn't hard, just unexpected.   View Answer
    There was no need for negotiation. Felt that this was the perfect fit for me, and what they were offering was better than any of there competitors were offering, and the ability to move up within the company was a real eye opener. Have worked for similar companies in the past, and none of them offered the opportunities that this company had to offer. I've been with the company for 5 months, and already am being considered for a management position. Results may very for others as you get what you put into this career. In essence, if you put the effort in to be your best, your efforts will be rewarded with the best.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2014.

Pleasant experience with little to no pressure. Interviewed with two area representatives.

Manager On Duty Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

You start off with a phone interview from Texas then after you will meet the district manager. They will ask about your sales background and working in retail. They will discuss commission, training, and draw pay. The DM is nice and very easy to talk. They will tell you about the potential commission and growth with the company.

Interview Questions
    • The easiest question but hardest thing about the job are the hrs. They will ask if you are flexible to work weekends, holidays and late hours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Applied on line
    They will call you if match is found

Interview Questions
    • Tell me aobut a time you did not agree with your boss and what did you do?

What is your 3 greatest achievements. Which is the most important and why?

All will be behavioral questions, you would think you were trying to work for IBM or some prestigous company.

Answer Question
    Everyone makes the same low base and you have to pay it back before you make commision.

Manager On Duty Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

It is a fairly simple process, they ask you about your life experiences. Questions such as explain a situation where you exceeded someones expectations. They also ask you questions that relate towards interpersonal skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2013.

Rather involved. 2 online tests, a phone interview, and a live interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in December 2012.

The hiring process is pretty quick and easy. You submit your application online. If they accept your resume, you get a call from the corporate office for a pre screening or phone interview. If you impress on the phone, they will find out where you live and set up a face to face with a hiring manager and you go through the interview.