Mattress Firm Manager On Duty Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was a multi-step process. Two phone interviews/pre-screening were conducted by corporate recruiters. Recruiters recommended that I interview in-person with district manager. I was asked which district worked best based on my address.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for Mattress Firm by email and asked if I was interested in a preliminary phone interview. I said yes and set it up for three days later. The recruiter called me about five minutes before the scheduled time and asked if I was ready to talk. I am not sure if this was a part of the interview test or not. The phone interview was very normal and the questions were pretty easy. Normal things like "what was your last job like" and "what do you think a good trait of a sales person is?" It took about 20min and after he told me he would review with the district manager and if they wanted an in person interview they would call me in 3 days and if not, they would email me declining. The next day he called me in the evening when I could not answer and left a message saying they liked my interview and wanted to set up a face to face with the district manager for a week or so later. I called back the next day to confirm but no answer so I left a message. A week went by and no return call from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Muncie, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

fair fun and done in a timely manner. Interviewer was extremely kind and helpful. gave the pros and cons of the business and let you know what to expect. made making my decision for the next step in my life very easy. I am looking forward to starting my career with them in the summer. Also offers great internship opportunities. Would definitely recommend trying an interview with this company for future employees.

Interview Questions

• what did i look for in a company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (South Bend, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Through. Started with a phone interview. Continued with phone interview to set up a meeting to do a face to face interview. Then connected with recruiter again. Then got directions on how to fill out drug screen and background checks. Shortly after got directions for training class.

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. They asked questions about my experience and the usual interview questions.

Personality is what seems to be important. If you seem responsible and have a winning personality, then I am sure you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and what was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. The pay is what they say it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Viera, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Co-workers are great they always want to help you get the sale and grow! Offices and strategically positioned to help every store grow and they put you where you can make the most money and be challenged! The work culture is BEST thing about this job! The company truly cares about you and your success!

Interview Questions

• The computers are a little out dated and a small challenge but that is with any sales company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the position and that was it you start low and build in the company!

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in February 2014.

Interview

One of the easiest and smoothest interview processes I've ever had the pleasure to be involved in. From my initial application online at mattressfirm.com to my first interview only took a couple of days, and was hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what the hardest sale I ever had to make was. Wasn't hard, just unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no need for negotiation. Felt that this was the perfect fit for me, and what they were offering was better than any of there competitors were offering, and the ability to move up within the company was a real eye opener. Have worked for similar companies in the past, and none of them offered the opportunities that this company had to offer. I've been with the company for 5 months, and already am being considered for a management position. Results may very for others as you get what you put into this career. In essence, if you put the effort in to be your best, your efforts will be rewarded with the best.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Spokane, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Pleasant experience with little to no pressure. Interviewed with two area representatives.

Manager On Duty Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

Interview

You start off with a phone interview from Texas then after you will meet the district manager. They will ask about your sales background and working in retail. They will discuss commission, training, and draw pay. The DM is nice and very easy to talk. They will tell you about the potential commission and growth with the company.

Interview Questions

• The easiest question but hardest thing about the job are the hrs. They will ask if you are flexible to work weekends, holidays and late hours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied on line
    They will call you if match is found

Interview Questions

• Tell me aobut a time you did not agree with your boss and what did you do?

What is your 3 greatest achievements. Which is the most important and why?

All will be behavioral questions, you would think you were trying to work for IBM or some prestigous company.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone makes the same low base and you have to pay it back before you make commision.