Mattress Firm

Mattress Firm Sales Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2013.

I applied online and received a call within a day or two. Very nice hr personnel throughout the process. Had two phone interviews were we talked about job requirements, my qualifications, and the company in general. After that went downtown and had a one on one interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2011.

I first applied online than I received an email form the local recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy and basic. Then I was set up to meet the dm for a face to face.

I declined the offer due to the fact that they require sales reps. to work 11 hours shifts, and the pay scale is draw vs. commission. I've been in sales long enough to know that with the pay structure they were offering I would not be making much over $30000 per year, and with the amount of hours they wanted me to work that would break down to nearly $12/hour.

Interview Questions
    • List three words that would describe you as it relates sales.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the things you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2011.

Met with the manager. Asked basic questions, pretty straight forward. i.e. "When is a time you went above and beyond for a customer?"

Interview Questions
    • Whens the last time you went above and beyond for a person?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2009.

Applied 4 months before interview. Received a phone call informing that a phone interview was to take place in a week or so; took the phone interview, and waited 2-3 weeks before hearing a job offer. The interview was in person, very informal--with the DM and AM and they asked personality questions and questions concerning experience and drive. Make sure to research the company beforehand and know about their 5 year plan for aggressive expansion. AM and DM are great, but will work 60+ hours a week as it is a commission based job. The corporate culture is very corny.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the company's expansion plans?   Answer Question