Mattress Firm

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call within a day or two. Very nice hr personnel throughout the process. Had two phone interviews were we talked about job requirements, my qualifications, and the company in general. After that went downtown and had a one on one interview.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were open ended.   Answer Question

Arlington, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the manager. Asked basic questions, pretty straight forward. i.e. "When is a time you went above and beyond for a customer?"

Interview Question – Whens the last time you went above and beyond for a person?   Answer Question

Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2011.

Interview Details – I first applied online than I received an email form the local recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy and basic. Then I was set up to meet the dm for a face to face.

I declined the offer due to the fact that they require sales reps. to work 11 hours shifts, and the pay scale is draw vs. commission. I've been in sales long enough to know that with the pay structure they were offering I would not be making much over $30000 per year, and with the amount of hours they wanted me to work that would break down to nearly $12/hour.

Interview Questions

Sales

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied 4 months before interview. Received a phone call informing that a phone interview was to take place in a week or so; took the phone interview, and waited 2-3 weeks before hearing a job offer. The interview was in person, very informal--with the DM and AM and they asked personality questions and questions concerning experience and drive. Make sure to research the company beforehand and know about their 5 year plan for aggressive expansion. AM and DM are great, but will work 60+ hours a week as it is a commission based job. The corporate culture is very corny.

Interview Question – What do you think about the company's expansion plans?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mattress Firm

Worked for Mattress Firm? Contribute to the Community!

Mattress Firm Videos

Mattress Firm – Why Work for Us?

Back in 1986 when we entered into the business world, our founders had big dreams too. Through hard work and dedication to getting the job done, that dream was realized. Today, Mattress Firm has grown from one store in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mattress Firm Sales interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mattress Firm employees and interview candidates.