Mattress Firm

Updated Nov 6, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

I went through the initial phone interview and moved on to the next step which was to meet the District Manager. The interview was scheduled and I drove over to the interview and the District Manager never showed up. On my way home I called the DM and he indicated that he left me a message on my home phone. When I got home I checked my messages and sure enough he did. The only problem is he left the message after I had already left for the interview. He said he didn't have my cell phone number which is ironic because I was called by the HR department on my cell phone. Long story short, I would not want to work for a company that showed the lack of organization that Mattress Firm did. I called HR the next day and they made every excuse they could to try to cover for the DM and I told them I was not interested in pursuing a position with the company. I was told the DM used to own the chain of stores that Mattress Firm bought from him. I very seldom ever see any customers in any of their stores. My suggestion before going to work for this company is talking to some of the employees presently working in the town that you plan on interviewing with.

Other Interview Reviews for Mattress Firm

Sale Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

Phone interview then face to face

no negotiation

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm.

I was called by a Talent Acquisition Recruiter. She called around 1 PM. I interviewed with her at 5:30 PM on that same day.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm in September 2013.

I was hired by my former District Manager. There was a phone interview, then an in person interview. Then I was hired and began training as a MIT (Manager in Training) that lasted for a month and then I went to corporate training and then began an MOD (Manager on duty) Followed by Small store Manager and eventually to Large Store.

Interview Questions
    • My current district manager isn't looking for any kind of talent just hiring based off of who he connects with so it's all about your personality with him. My old DM was looking for talent in the areas of communication and likeability. Hardest question was tell me about a time you had a difficult conflict with another employee and how you overcame it.   View Answer
    We'll call if you are selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mattress Firm in August 2013.

Interview process is thorough but enjoyable. Starts with online testing, then phone interview, then face to face meeting.

No negotiations

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mattress Firm.

It's hard to remember because it was a few years ago but I met them at a career fair at my University. I believe they contacted me within a couple days for an in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer questions like "What are your weaknesses" and "Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem with a disgruntled customer. How did you handle it?"   Answer Question
    As of a few years ago, everyone makes the same base salary. To make more, you'll want to make as much commission as possible. (Have good numbers = get put in a larger store & get promoted more quickly)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in February 2012.

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. Phone Interview lasted about 30 minutes. They asked questions about previous employment history and asked questions like, "Tell me about a time when you've gone beyond what was expected to help a customer."

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever done or said something to a customer that you later regretted?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattress Firm in April 2011.

You meet with multiple people to find out how you clash with different personalities. Everyone is very nice and very enthusiastic. Seems like a very good company to work for but you definitely need a degree of some sort to get in. Once in the interview, they ask you questions from goals, to how you work with others, to how you are at finding a solution to a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you did not get along with a coworker.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mattress Firm in October 2012.

The interview went on for about 45 minutes. They ask you many questions so be prepared. They are quite random as well, such as "what is something you would NOT like your previous boss to say." There were two people that interviewed. They both took turns asking questions, and were quite nice as well.

Interview Questions
    • "what is something you would NOT like your previous boss to say."   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mattress Firm in June 2010.

Initial Communication with the Company was a phone intervew. That was followed by a personal interview. There were fvery few questions about me but th interiewer worked hard to sell me on the company.

No negotion was available because the pay was based on commission.