Mattress Giant

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Mattress Giant in July 2009.

Interview Details – it was just a basic interview asking me to sell myself to be part of the mattress giant team. nothing outstanding that i can recall, your basic questions were asked, informatinon regarding company etc. overall just a basic interview, drug screening commenced before hire date and training class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – nothing

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Mattress Giant in July 2009.

Interview Details – I brought my resume into one of their stores and I was called only a couple of days later by their hiring recruiter. We made an appointment the next day during which she gave me a phone interview. She asked typical questions such as why I wanted to work at Mattress Giant and why I left my last employer.

Interview Question – How will working in retail contribute to your future goals?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mattress Giant in February 2011.

Interview Details – Talk to the District Manager was offered the job on the spot

Interview Question – Really there were no questions that were to hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mattress Giant in July 2011.

Interview Details – Since I have been in the industry before....the interview was short due to my resume.

You must be an upbeat go-getter during the interview.

The interview was done at one of their stores.

The schedule is a bit brutal...but if you want the job....don't put any restrictions on your schedule...and expect to work every weekend till the end of time.

Interview Question – What makes you an excellent fit for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None...they pay minimum wage versus commission. Make sure you don't overstep...some stores can be really slow. So don't offer to manage the store you're interviewing in....go through the training and get the scoop before agreeing to any management offer or promotion. Store sales volumes are key to your money making....so don't pick a slow one.

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Mattress Giant in January 2011.

Interview Details – about an hour long interview and good feed back from the employer and due to the nature of the buisness they do tell you all that is about to happene moving into the company

Interview Question – sales techniques   Answer Question

Worked for Mattress Giant? Contribute to the Community!