Mattress Warehouse Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mattress Warehouse

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mattress Warehouse.

Was called by a recruiter for Mattress Warehouse. Interview was at one of the main stores.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult. Very straight forward questions. "Why do you want to work for Mattress Warehouse..."   Answer Question

Was not comfortable with the commission structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mattress Warehouse in August 2013.

Short interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle returns dealing with our company policy?   Answer Question
    too long for the call back

Sales/Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mattress Warehouse in June 2013.

first off mattress warehouse out of Frederick Maryland does not post jobs in a news paper. They use craigs list . should of known from that there not reputable. So I e-mailed their recruiter and was instantly called back and was scheduled to meet the district manager 3 days later . However the location was 3.5 hrs from my home. I drove to the interview only to find out the district manager was going to be 4 hrs late . No call no nothing from mattress warehouse. Instead of interviewing with district manager I was interviewd by a sales associate who had not been with company long at all. I was told from the sales associate that I had been selected too go to the next level Yea me !!! So 12 days later I send the recruiter a e-mail stating it's been 12 days what is taking so long. He said they were not interested in me sorry !! I have 4 yrs in the mattress business make over 50k yr . I'm glad I did not change since I read their customer reviews and it sounds like they don't have their act togather

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions I knew way more then the interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mattress Warehouse in October 2011.

Very simple.

Very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maysville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maysville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattress Warehouse in December 2010.

I was interviewed by the current sales manager and the Regional Manager. It was a very quick interview but a bit of a lengthy hiring process. I think it took about 2 weeks for the background check and drug screen to be completed.

Interview Questions
    • What is your initial impression of our company and products?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate at the time of the interview and I would not advise this. As a commission based position, you create your own income. If you are concidering a position with this company or any other sales position, sell yourself. If you can't do that, you won't be able to sell the product.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mattress Warehouse in September 2011.

I initially replied to a post of Craigslist advertising Sales and Sales Management openings in my area. I submitted my resume, and received a call from the corporate office. They gave me the phone number for the district manager, and asked me to schedule an interview for the position. I scheduled and attended the interview, filled out the forms for the background check, ect. Though I was told it was not normally done, and that people usually needed to wait for a call-back, I was offered a job on the spot based on my qualifications. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    The training period and salary. Be as honest as possible about your expectations, anything that might affect your training period, ect.