Maurice Sporting Goods

Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maurice Sporting Goods

Picker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods in May 2014.

This job was recommended to me by one of the employees already there. He was told to bring me in the the next day after he determined whether I was interested or not. That day I went in to the the interview and the questions were super easy, kinda too easy. After the interview I was told that I started the very next day. So all in all the process took about 2 days.

No negotiation.

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods.

HR was quick to respond to my application inquiry in setting up a phone screen and then meeting with the hiring manager. It went all down hill from there. Over a 8-month span, the hiring manager refused to respond to my emails, voice mails, and messages, thus leaving me in the lurch whether the company was actually interested in me. I found this to be unprofessional and gutless on his part.

Ecommerce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods in May 2012.

I applied on the website in late April/early May and got a call requesting a phone interview so we set the time up for the next day. The HR associate called me and it took 30 minutes and was a grueling interview for what the position was. It was almost to the point where she was confrontational about the interview as she kept grilling for answers. It felt a little out of place because it's not like its a top Wall Street firm; it's just a small sporting goods store. I did not hear back from them after the interview and I decided to follow up with them and she said that they were in the final interview process and that I probably would not be selected. HR was pretty disorganized and it was obvious to me that they were overwhelmed. In fact, as of August they still have yet to take down the job posting.

Interview Questions

Import Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Maurice Sporting Goods in May 2010.

Received phone call from HR Manager within maybe a week, it seemed very quick. He was very professional, impressed initially with company. Next, met with Import Administration Manager who didn't seem to know much about general Supply Chain Process or Import Administration. Interviewed then with Direction of Supply Chain, then a couple of members of the staff. I liked a couple of the people but I didn't get a good feeling with the lady who this position reports to, I immediately got the impression she is one of those types that know it all and likes to be the one in charge, but I had a strong impression based on the terminology she used that she strongly lacked the knowledge needed to be in her position, felt like she inherited the position or somehow got appointed by someone who favored her. I lost interest at this point because I've worked with that kind before and she told me she was there over 20 years, and that said it all.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was handed an offer letter but declined because based on the job description and title, the compensation was embarrassingly low (offered $36K)