Maurices

www.maurices.com

Maurices Assistant Manager Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices.

They seemed very unorganized. First I would have 2 interviews. Next thing I knew it was 3. I was told I would be the first assistant but then At my final interview they told me it was just a full time assistant manager. I've seen my manager put off the hiring and interviewing process and girls become very discouraged. It makes the store and company look undependable and flaky. Not a good way to build a solid customer base.

Interview Questions
  • All of the questions were pretty run of the mill. Nothing really took me off guard.   Answer Question
The negotiation was at the end of my final interview and revolved strictly around pay. I wanted more than they were willing to pay, but still ended up on the high end of the pay scale.

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices in September 2012.

You fill out an in-person application. Shortly after, when they are hiring, you are called in to take a digital, personality test. Then, if you pass, you are asked back for a group interview. Last, you are called in for a single interview and if you are ready to work, that is when you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a frustrating situation with a customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices in January 2012.

A waste of my time. It could be a great place to work, but I unfortunately had a bad experience with the manager. I received a call 3 weeks later, and did not accept.

Typical questions such as:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why Maurices?
    How would you "coach" somebody?

At the mention of pay the district manager "pretended" not to know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bardstown, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bardstown, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maurices in February 2010.

I walked into the store to submit a paper application along with a resume and 3 personal references. The store manager accepted my application and asked me to fill out a personality/skill test. A couple days later I was invited to come in for an interview with the store manager. She seemed to like me and communicated that she would like to recommend me for an interview with the District Manager. About 4 days later I received a call from the Store Manager asking for 3 more personal references which I supplied, she then set up a phone interview with the District Manager for a week later. The interview was scheduled at 2:30 and the District Manager did not call until 5:30. After the completion of the interview she told me that she would need to speak with the store manger but she was "impressed". Good, right? I never heard from them again. I attempted to call a week later, and was told the store manager was out. I called the District Manager and was sent to voice mail.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you'd be able to contribute to our team and encourage others to follow your lead?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you'd have an issue selling credit cards? We have a quota that must be met, give me an example of how you accomplished a similar goal in the past.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maurices in January 2014.

I applied to an online posting for an Assistant Manager position. I got a call the next day from the store manager. She asked me a few basic questions, and set up an interview the following day. That interview was with the First Assistant Manager. She could not have been any nicer. The interview felt very relaxed, and much more like a conversation than a interview. She had me fill out a "success profile" which was a personality test of sorts. It listed different statements and had you list on a scale of Strongly Disagree, to Strongly Agree. Ex: Sometimes it's ok to break the rules. The interview lasted appoximately an hour. She set up a second interview on the spot with the Senior manager.

When I went in for the second interview, I was a little caught off guard when I realized I was not the only one there for an interview. There was also another candidate there. There seemed to be a bit of confusion over which job we were interviewing for, and which position was actually available. The interview questions were fairly standard. I was just a little put off by the fact that there were 2 of us, answering the questions. The store manager seemed to not be sure of the number of staff she would be able to hire. It sounded like she was looking for a manager in training that would be willing to relocate to another location, or a full time sales position. I left feeling very uncertain about what it is that they were looking for. She was very nice, but it seemed a bit unorganized, which made me question what it would be like to work for the company. She said she would keep my resume on file, and if there wasn't a position available at this time, then she would call me in the future. I will wait to see if I here back.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the biggest Fashion Trends at the moment? How did you know this?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices in September 2010.

I was shopping in the store and responded to a posting for a job opening in the spur of the moment. I spoke with the Store Manager for about a half hour and decided to pursue a management job. I initially had to pass a personality profile before I was considered for a one on one interview. After successfully completing the profile, I had a face to face with the current Store Manager which lasted about an hour. The questions were fairly standard behavioral questions such as: Tell me about a time you bent a rule or ignored a policy, What do you like about retail?, Describe your perfect job, etc. About a week later I had a phone interview with the DM and the Store Manager which was more of the same. I was offered to position later that same day. My advice is to be honest when answering the questions and to pay attention to what they are asking you. It isn't about being perfect or too polished, it is more about how you handle situations and how well you will respond to their management style.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed, or were unfairly criticized by a manager. What was the situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Is there any questions that I didn't ask you that you would have liked to answer?   Answer Question
    There is a little room for negotiation if you are experienced, qualified, and applying for a managment position. NOT the same if you are a sales associate.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maurices in February 2007.

It was a basic interview for retail. Very informal.

It was not enough pay.