Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Maurices
- Sales Associate (78)
- Part Time Assistant Manager (17)
- First Assistant Manager (12)
- Store Manager (11)
- Assistant Manager (7)
- Full Time Assistant Manager (5)
- Assistant Store Manager (2)
- Retail Sales Associate (2)
- Analyst (1)
- Casher (1)
- Accounting Technician (1)
- Manager In Training (1)
- Sa (1)
- Seasonal Sales Associate (1)
- Second Assistant Manager (1)
- Hourly Associate (1)
- Part Time Manager (1)
- Part Time Sales Associate (1)
- Retail Manager (1)
- Design (1)
- Hired As Sales Associate (1)
- Temp Sales Position for Holiday (1)
Full Time Assistant Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Maurices in April 2015.
I got to the interview and asked for the person that I had spoke to on the phone. She was off for the day and I stated I had a interview with her at 3. The lady states that I'm interviewing with her instead and it was scheduled at 3:30. She finished her project and met me about 10 minutes later. When we go into the office, she lets me know that the position that they are hiring for is part time sales associate that would be 10-15 hours per week. If the person who had called me earlier in the week would of stated that I would not of even went to the interview. Waste of time!
- What are three words that describe your personality? If you could open your own business, what would it be and what would customer service be like? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Maurices
Full Time Assistant Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Maurices.
I had to take a 'test' before the interview started---100 questions, with answers like 'I highly agree', or 'neutral', which is fairly easy to pass, just don't think too much about what's right or wrong, but go with your first answer. I was asked basic sales/manager questions about my previous jobs. We talked a lot about sales goals and credit card goals. It was a very laid back interview. I got a call back that night for a second interview with a different manager for the next day, which went pretty much the same as the first interview.
- The most difficult question they asked was if I wanted to interview for the store manager position that was open! And, since I didn't quite have the experience I felt I needed, I declined. Answer Question
No negotiation, but they did pay what I had asked for.
Full Time Assistant Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Maurices (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.
The interview went very well. It is an excellent way to balm the nerves of the nervous people. Group interviews the first time around were very easy. Questions wer very generic, nothing about "what do you know about us". All consisting of questions that pertained to your personality and how you handle things.
I was called back for a second interview 3 weeks later and I am waiting to hear what happens. They are making the decision in a few days.
This interview Is very easy for the people who get nervous and choke up. The people are very friendly and personalbe and they make you feel at ease.
Full Time Assistant Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Maurices (Houghton, MI) in October 2008.
Sucess profile is first - this tells the company if you are a good fit or not. It's not a personality test, it tests you in categories such as reliability/dependability, morals/ethics, attitude, etc. If that goes well, a 1:1 interview is given and sometimes a second one is required. References are checked, and if they are good, the store manager consults with the district manager. If they both like the candidate, an offer is made. Questions that sounds like they're negative aren't looking for answers that make you seem "bad" - they are looking for how your handle a situation where you can't go to work, or can't get something done, because management knows life gets in the way sometimes.
- Tell me about a time when you said you would do something, but didn't do it. What was the situation and how was it resolved? Answer Question
- Tell me about a time when you were unable to come to work. What was the situation and how did you handle it? Answer Question
- Tell me about a difficult customer you've had. What was the situation and how did you resolve it? Answer Question
- Tell me about the last time you showed up for work or a meeting late. Why were you late and what did you do about it? Answer Question
Full Time Assistant Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Maurices.
You'll have to fill out a "success profile". This basically tells the store manager if you will be a good fit with the company. They will then interview you. If the interview went well, they will call you after about a week.
- "Tell me about a time where you had to motivate, or get a group of people excited about something." "Tell me about a time where you were faced with a challenge, whether at work or in your personal life, what you did, and what the outcome was." Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review