Maurices Full Time Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maurices in April 2015.

Interview

I got to the interview and asked for the person that I had spoke to on the phone. She was off for the day and I stated I had a interview with her at 3. The lady states that I'm interviewing with her instead and it was scheduled at 3:30. She finished her project and met me about 10 minutes later. When we go into the office, she lets me know that the position that they are hiring for is part time sales associate that would be 10-15 hours per week. If the person who had called me earlier in the week would of stated that I would not of even went to the interview. Waste of time!

Interview Questions

• What are three words that describe your personality? If you could open your own business, what would it be and what would customer service be like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I had to take a 'test' before the interview started---100 questions, with answers like 'I highly agree', or 'neutral', which is fairly easy to pass, just don't think too much about what's right or wrong, but go with your first answer. I was asked basic sales/manager questions about my previous jobs. We talked a lot about sales goals and credit card goals. It was a very laid back interview. I got a call back that night for a second interview with a different manager for the next day, which went pretty much the same as the first interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question they asked was if I wanted to interview for the store manager position that was open! And, since I didn't quite have the experience I felt I needed, I declined.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but they did pay what I had asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview went very well. It is an excellent way to balm the nerves of the nervous people. Group interviews the first time around were very easy. Questions wer very generic, nothing about "what do you know about us". All consisting of questions that pertained to your personality and how you handle things.
    I was called back for a second interview 3 weeks later and I am waiting to hear what happens. They are making the decision in a few days.
    This interview Is very easy for the people who get nervous and choke up. The people are very friendly and personalbe and they make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest conversation you had to have with a manager and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stressful situations? Are you willing to relocate out of state??   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maurices (Houghton, MI) in October 2008.

Interview

Sucess profile is first - this tells the company if you are a good fit or not. It's not a personality test, it tests you in categories such as reliability/dependability, morals/ethics, attitude, etc. If that goes well, a 1:1 interview is given and sometimes a second one is required. References are checked, and if they are good, the store manager consults with the district manager. If they both like the candidate, an offer is made. Questions that sounds like they're negative aren't looking for answers that make you seem "bad" - they are looking for how your handle a situation where you can't go to work, or can't get something done, because management knows life gets in the way sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you said you would do something, but didn't do it. What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were unable to come to work. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had. What was the situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time you showed up for work or a meeting late. Why were you late and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

You'll have to fill out a "success profile". This basically tells the store manager if you will be a good fit with the company. They will then interview you. If the interview went well, they will call you after about a week.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to motivate, or get a group of people excited about something." "Tell me about a time where you were faced with a challenge, whether at work or in your personal life, what you did, and what the outcome was."   Answer Question