Maurices

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Full Time Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Maurices.

Interview Details – I had to take a 'test' before the interview started---100 questions, with answers like 'I highly agree', or 'neutral', which is fairly easy to pass, just don't think too much about what's right or wrong, but go with your first answer. I was asked basic sales/manager questions about my previous jobs. We talked a lot about sales goals and credit card goals. It was a very laid back interview. I got a call back that night for a second interview with a different manager for the next day, which went pretty much the same as the first interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question they asked was if I wanted to interview for the store manager position that was open! And, since I didn't quite have the experience I felt I needed, I declined.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but they did pay what I had asked for.

Houghton, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maurices in October 2008.

Interview Details – Sucess profile is first - this tells the company if you are a good fit or not. It's not a personality test, it tests you in categories such as reliability/dependability, morals/ethics, attitude, etc. If that goes well, a 1:1 interview is given and sometimes a second one is required. References are checked, and if they are good, the store manager consults with the district manager. If they both like the candidate, an offer is made. Questions that sounds like they're negative aren't looking for answers that make you seem "bad" - they are looking for how your handle a situation where you can't go to work, or can't get something done, because management knows life gets in the way sometimes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you said you would do something, but didn't do it. What was the situation and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were unable to come to work. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had. What was the situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the last time you showed up for work or a meeting late. Why were you late and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maurices in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview went very well. It is an excellent way to balm the nerves of the nervous people. Group interviews the first time around were very easy. Questions wer very generic, nothing about "what do you know about us". All consisting of questions that pertained to your personality and how you handle things.
I was called back for a second interview 3 weeks later and I am waiting to hear what happens. They are making the decision in a few days.
This interview Is very easy for the people who get nervous and choke up. The people are very friendly and personalbe and they make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest conversation you had to have with a manager and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • How do you handle stressful situations? Are you willing to relocate out of state??   Answer Question

Full Time Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maurices.

Interview Details – You'll have to fill out a "success profile". This basically tells the store manager if you will be a good fit with the company. They will then interview you. If the interview went well, they will call you after about a week.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time where you had to motivate, or get a group of people excited about something." "Tell me about a time where you were faced with a challenge, whether at work or in your personal life, what you did, and what the outcome was."   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maurices

Worked for Maurices? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maurices Full Time Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maurices employees and interview candidates.