Maurices Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The Interview only took about fifteen minutes. I felt like the assistant manager was just trying to rush the process along. After I had finished answering the questions she had for me, she started telling me more about the company. All is well. Then she mentions how many other interviews she has after mine. It was very unprofessional and uncalled for.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is in the fitting room and is in love with the outfit she is trying on but it looks bad on her, what would you say to her?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I was called for an interview about two weeks after applying online. I interviewed with a store manager. Before I even sat down, she said, "There isn't really an opening." The interview went well, with easy-to-medium-difficulty questions, and the store manager mentioned all of these possible positions and that she'd be back in contact soon. I sent a thank-you letter the next day. A week after, I left a message for her, and didn't hear back. Another week later, I left another message for her, and didn't hear back. I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernal, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maurices (Vernal, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

It Took a couple weeks,. The process seemed slow to me. It took about 3 weeks for the first interview then another week for a second interview. I just interviewed yesterday for my second and waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• If a customer was in the fitting room trying something on that they liked but didn't look good, how would you tell them/what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I would like to work here because i love fashion and clothes I work really well with people and interact with them well I feel like I'll bring more motivation to the store and help people in what they need

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

Interview was easy, though it was a little over the top for the position I was applying for. It was the longest interview I've ever had, over 30 minutes, and I was asked a huge amount of questions. For a position that turned out to only be 10 hours a week it seemed a little ridiculous. Anyone with any retail experience can easily pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt that a coworker wasn't pulling their weight
      What does customer service mean to you?
      How can you provide outstanding customer service?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maurices in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. The woman I interviewed with made me feel completely relaxed and the whole thing felt very informal and comfortable. She explained a bit about policies and asked the standard "Tell me about a time when.." questions. I can honestly say that it was the first time I left and interview feeling confident about my experience.

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maurices (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was with two Maurices head-office team members. We had an nformal discussion about my job history and experience, both related and unrelated, followed by my portfolio presentation. Afterward we talked about possible places in the company that I might fit.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maurices (Rocklin, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

TERRIBLE. They had me interview twice for the position which was great.. and then they got back to me weeks later letting me know that my hours didn't work for them and offered me sales even though they knew my availability at the beginning. One thing I noticed was terrible management. After they offered me the position I had to do an online process in which their system kept on messing up.. and HR did not help after being on hold for 30 minutes and then when I called the store after, they took back my offer because they did not feel like helping. Horrible company. Do not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What type of situation have you been in where you had to step up when there was no manager available?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I had an interview with Store manager and Assistant Manager first, then a second interview with the Store Manager and District Manager. It took awhile to go through the interview process because the DM was traveling one week and on vacation another week so there was about 2 weeks between the first and second interview, but I assume it usually doesn't take that long. It was down to me and one other person but they chose the other person and brought me on as a sales associate and am already being promoted to part time Assistant Manager after being there for one week.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Internal Hire; Actively work on training as a management member interviewed with District Store Manager and Regional Store Manager. Must complete a screening process and behavioral interview style but relatively simple. Must have lots of examples and the ability to go in depth about the situations. Revealing thought processes, personality and style. The interview feels more like a conversation rather than a Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time recently that you had to deal with a tough conversation. What was that conversation and how did the other person respond?   Answer Question