Maurices Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The Interview only took about fifteen minutes. I felt like the assistant manager was just trying to rush the process along. After I had finished answering the questions she had for me, she started telling me more about the company. All is well. Then she mentions how many other interviews she has after mine. It was very unprofessional and uncalled for.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is in the fitting room and is in love with the outfit she is trying on but it looks bad on her, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Maurices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernal, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maurices (Vernal, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

It Took a couple weeks,. The process seemed slow to me. It took about 3 weeks for the first interview then another week for a second interview. I just interviewed yesterday for my second and waiting to hear back!

Interview Questions

• If a customer was in the fitting room trying something on that they liked but didn't look good, how would you tell them/what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I would like to work here because i love fashion and clothes I work really well with people and interact with them well I feel like I'll bring more motivation to the store and help people in what they need

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

Interview was easy, though it was a little over the top for the position I was applying for. It was the longest interview I've ever had, over 30 minutes, and I was asked a huge amount of questions. For a position that turned out to only be 10 hours a week it seemed a little ridiculous. Anyone with any retail experience can easily pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt that a coworker wasn't pulling their weight
      What does customer service mean to you?
      How can you provide outstanding customer service?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maurices in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. The woman I interviewed with made me feel completely relaxed and the whole thing felt very informal and comfortable. She explained a bit about policies and asked the standard "Tell me about a time when.." questions. I can honestly say that it was the first time I left and interview feeling confident about my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maurices (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and called the following Monday. The next Monday I did my first interview with Trisha, she was amazing she asked me a few basic questions and then we just sat and talked for a while. My next interview was with Amanda and she didn't really ask me any thing (by the way these are assistant managers) it was just like a quick review just to go over what me and Trisha discussed. The next day I was interviewed with Renee (the store manager) she basically went over what the position was like and offered me the job (which I accepted).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I applied in the store before they switched to online applications. When I dropped off my application, I was asked to take the personality test. It was a standard personality test, but they take it more seriously than they probably should. I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks and then received a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with two other girls. The manager asked us all the same question and then we took turns answering. This interview was mainly questions on how we handled different issues in the past. The interview went relatively well and I didn't hear anything again for a few more weeks. I was then asked to come back in for another interview. I met with the manager and she asked me what I would do in different scenarios. I was also asked about my style. Make sure to dress the style of the store and dress in 3 pieces (top, cardigan, scarf, etc.). Dressing in 3's is extremely important to the company. After the interview, I didn't hear anything again for about a month. It was a ridiculously long wait. I finally received the call 2 1/2 months into the process for a 10 hour a week position.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer who came in and said she wanted to look for denim, what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maurices in March 2015.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks, very nice people, very calm environment, asked about how I was as a person and how I would react to different situations, they had 2 people in both interviews, the first was with the assistant manager the second was with the actual manager

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maurices in October 2014.

Interview

Put in my application, and about a month later was contacted about an interview. The first interview was great, and took about 45 minutes. I was asked to sell a random item to the manager, and that was the most difficult thing to do. After that, she asked me to come for a second interview. This time, I interviewed with the assistant manager. She was great, and asked about the same questions as I was asked by the first manager. They then checked my references, and offered me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• The hardest thing was selling a random item to the manager. I think it would have been better if I could have sold an outfit to her or something like that.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maurices.

Interview

I applied online to two locations and 2-3 weeks later a manager called for an in person interview. I went in and she gave me a scenario of a 30 year old woman needing an outfit for her son's birthday in the park. I picked out an outfit with several options in pants/tops and even showed her purses that would go with the outfit. She seemed impressed and took me to interview with her and another manager in the back. This was a long interview. I was there about 1 hour and 30 minutes...for a minimum wage job... I just wanted it to be over.. they asked really odd personal questions. I felt like they wanted to know who I was as a person more than an interview. They were really concerned about how I had no retail experience and I have a background in education. (My thoughts, why did you bother calling me then? It's not a hard job and I have a Degree). They pretty much knew my entire life story by the time I walked out because they would NOT stop asking questions. Some questions were fashion related or sales related and how I would get that customer who is short with me to talk or to try on clothes. It has been 4 days after the interview and I still have not heard from them. I plan to call tomorrow to see what is going on.

Interview Questions

• These weren't hard questions, but trying to help you on what they asked me:
      Tell me about a horrible boss you had and what made them so horrible.
      How would you multitask in the store if a girl is walking in the door, one is waiting to try on clothes, and 4 girls are at the register.
      Tell me about your favorite trend right now.
      What inspired you to get into fashion or who inspires you.
      How would you feel about meeting a sale goal and what would motivate you to achieve it?

Answer Question