Maven Wave Partners

Maven Wave Partners Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Maven Wave Partners.

Interview with 3-4 other consultants and managing consultants. Possibly interview with client as well

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maven Wave Partners in January 2013.

Was very smooth and easy

Not able to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Maven Wave Partners in January 2012.

The interview process can be quick or fairly lengthy. It all is derived from needs at the client engagements. With that said, the firm is always trying to find good talent to keep the pipeline of quality professionals solid. So my experience was fairly standard in that we met a few times over a couple months to make sure the firm and I matched well. Then when the right client opportunity was presented, I was ready to take the job.

In other situations, there is an immediate need and the entire interview process can be completed in a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • This is highly dependent on the role be applied for and individual interviewer. However, in general we look for strong business consultants who have supporting tech skills, or vice versa. So depending if you are a 'business major' or a 'tech major' be prepared to answer very detailed questions in your respective area of expertise.   Answer Question
    The firm is very fair when it comes to negotiation. They understand that it doesn't do any good to hire someone on that is unhappy with compensation. This is just a recipe for issues down the road. That being said, the firm understands current market value of roles.

Senior Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maven Wave Partners in February 2011.

For key client facing positions in management consulting practice area, had to interview with each of the Partners. Interview questions ranged across client experience, familiarity with technology enablers and how business can be transformed by technology. Typical key concepts found in interview questions: Portfolio Management, Value Management, Business Case Development, Operational Consulting, SDLC, Program Management and Project Management. Experience in consulting back office functions and managing fast growth company questions also were asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you could go back in time and change one job and its experience, what would that be.   Answer Question
    Very transparent and open. Very fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Maven Wave Partners in January 2011.

Standard interview started with a recruiter followed by several phone interviews with various levels within the company. I found the phone interviews to be mostly standard experience based interviews with little challenge. I ended the process with a face 2 face interview with one of the senior partners. The recruiter ended up discussing an offer however I declined based on the cultural fit of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maven Wave Partners in May 2010.

The interview process was very straightforward, and involved in-person interviews. The senior leadership of the firm was most interested in where I wanted to take my career to ensure their opportunity would afford me the future that I was looking for. Moreover, it seemed like they wanted to make sure that we fit with each other culturally, as their culture was one of a family of people, not mini, separated teams of people.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel are the most critical skills that a consultant should posses to be effective?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the most common reasons for a project failure, and what tools or methods would you employ to avoid them?   Answer Question