Maven Wave Partners

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners.

Interview Details – Interview with 3-4 other consultants and managing consultants. Possibly interview with client as well

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners in January 2013.

Interview Details – Was very smooth and easy

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Senior Principal Interview

Senior Principal
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners in February 2011.

Interview Details – For key client facing positions in management consulting practice area, had to interview with each of the Partners. Interview questions ranged across client experience, familiarity with technology enablers and how business can be transformed by technology. Typical key concepts found in interview questions: Portfolio Management, Value Management, Business Case Development, Operational Consulting, SDLC, Program Management and Project Management. Experience in consulting back office functions and managing fast growth company questions also were asked.

Interview Question – If you could go back in time and change one job and its experience, what would that be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very transparent and open. Very fair.

Manager Interview

Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process can be quick or fairly lengthy. It all is derived from needs at the client engagements. With that said, the firm is always trying to find good talent to keep the pipeline of quality professionals solid. So my experience was fairly standard in that we met a few times over a couple months to make sure the firm and I matched well. Then when the right client opportunity was presented, I was ready to take the job.

In other situations, there is an immediate need and the entire interview process can be completed in a couple of days.

Interview Question – This is highly dependent on the role be applied for and individual interviewer. However, in general we look for strong business consultants who have supporting tech skills, or vice versa. So depending if you are a 'business major' or a 'tech major' be prepared to answer very detailed questions in your respective area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The firm is very fair when it comes to negotiation. They understand that it doesn't do any good to hire someone on that is unhappy with compensation. This is just a recipe for issues down the road. That being said, the firm understands current market value of roles.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straightforward, and involved in-person interviews. The senior leadership of the firm was most interested in where I wanted to take my career to ensure their opportunity would afford me the future that I was looking for. Moreover, it seemed like they wanted to make sure that we fit with each other culturally, as their culture was one of a family of people, not mini, separated teams of people.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are the most critical skills that a consultant should posses to be effective?   Answer Question
  • What do you think are the most common reasons for a project failure, and what tools or methods would you employ to avoid them?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners in January 2011.

Interview Details – Standard interview started with a recruiter followed by several phone interviews with various levels within the company. I found the phone interviews to be mostly standard experience based interviews with little challenge. I ended the process with a face 2 face interview with one of the senior partners. The recruiter ended up discussing an offer however I declined based on the cultural fit of the company.

Interview Question – Describe you experience   Answer Question

Senior Technical Manager Interview

Senior Technical Manager
Chandigarh (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Maven Wave Partners.

Interview Details – Telephonic scheduling of interview. Call for screen interview. Call for technical interview, call for another technical interview followed by HR interview and confirmation.

Interview Question – I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Maven Wave Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maven Wave Partners interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maven Wave Partners employees and interview candidates.