Mavens Consulting

Updated Aug 28, 2014
Updated Aug 28, 2014

3.8

Technical Architect Interview

The interview process was just over a month in length. An initial phone interview is followed by an exercise that consists of building a solution and presenting to the Mavens staff. You definitely want to give yourself enough time to build something you feel proud about! It's a great chance to demonstrate value in a way that goes beyond answering "canned" questions. In my case, all went well with the exercise and I was given a chance to meet the team in Chicago. I can't say enough about how amazing the team is. It was clear after just a few minutes that Mavens is a place where people are truly excited about the work they do. An offer was extended and accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected with the questions. Be prepared to provide details and context for projects you have contributed to.   Answer Question

Solution Architect and Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting.

It was a long and challenging interview process - but as others have mentioned, it was well worth it in the end.

I was impressed that the expectations were well set up-front in regards to interview steps, timeline, and the requirements of the role. Although interviews are always a bit nerve-wracking, it felt like speaking with friends. Everyone was encouraging, down-to-earth, helpful, and even funny.

It was clear from the beginning that employees and company culture are highly valued and protected - hence the weeding process. I'd rather work for a company that takes hiring seriously, than employs a trial and error approach. It shows a great deal of respect for the fact that it must be a fit both ways - and it was very much presented as a mutual interview.

The interview project is very time consuming, however, and I'd recommend viewing the preceding prep time as a golden, sparkly, gift from God; calm before the storm; etc.

I also appreciated the feedback given after the interview/project - it was well thought out and constructive.

Solutions Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting.

I began the interview process in September of 2013. It took a total of 5 months from first initiation until my first day at work. It was a hard and challenging process, but is totally worth it because I know that everybody else had to go through the same process.

It takes a special kind of person to become a Maven and it is exciting to know that I am surrounded by people who endured the same process and demonstrated the same set of core values. This is so valuable because each individual Maven brings different skill sets, experiences, and ideas but those attributes are built on similar core foundations.

Because of this philosophy, expect to see extraordinary things come from Mavens Consulting!

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to relocate to Chicago?   View Answer

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Mavens Consulting in October 2013.

The overall process took about 6 weeks from start to finish. I guess, this is pretty fast per Mavens Standards. A friend of mine referred me to a Mavens Employee and the process got started. The interview process itself is very unique, unlike I have experienced earlier. The hiring is centered around the Role-play exercise wherein the prospect needs to complete an assignment and present the same to the customer.
    Once that was completed, was brought over to the Chicago HQ to talk in person with various employees. This was to see if both of us are a good fit to each other.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciate the hiring process.

Applications Architect Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting in September 2013.

The Mavens team were responsive and informative throughout the process. It was an extremely thorough process and challenging in places. I dealt with a lot of people in the company and they were all very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I wish I had spent just a little more time during the preparation of the presentation phase, so my advce to future candidates wold be to take your time and work thoroughly at your own pace

Consultant Interview Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting in September 2013.

The interview process is a long one, but well worth it.

It started with a phone interview where I learned a lot more about the company, expectations and culture. It is apparent from the start that the people here love what they do, but what they do requires a lot of you. You need to have a lot of knowledge and motivation to have successes at Mavens, but it is well worth it. After they go over what is expected of you they have you go over materials for the 2nd interview, which is a presentation. Before that I was able to go into the office and meet more of the people there to get a better understanding of the atmosphere and culture. For the presentation you will put together a salesforce application for a fake company. There is a lot that goes into the interview process, but it is well worth the effort for a company like Mavens.

Interview Questions
    • During the presentation process they will ask you any and all questions to see how you react. There wasn’t one specific question that was tough, but multiple questions that kept you on your toes.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting.

Very thorough phone discussion to kick the interview process off. Everything was laid out, including compensation, expectations and a detailed summary of what the interview process would entail. Following the phone discussion was a SFDC development project, including a final presentation of that project to a group via Go-To-Meeting. The project was challenging and time consuming. Feedback on the project and presentation was candid. Following the project/presentation were three rounds of 1:1 interviews, which included challenging questions and a white board session.

An overall thorough interview process, but honest, well executed and rewarding as a candidate. Mavens does an incredible job of giving honest and timely feedback. They're interested in testing your skills but also getting to know you as a person to see how you will fit within their culture.

Interview Questions
    Compensation was taken care of up front. I was presented with the compensation package immediately and asked whether or not I would like to continue the interview process based on that package.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting in May 2013.

Mavens has a very unique interview process that I found very refreshing -- although pretty long and time consuming. First and foremost, the interview process is all about fit and culture. That is the #1 criteria that is being evaluated.

As it was laid out to me the evaluation is:
    1. Culture Fit
    2. Consulting Skills (problem solving, communication, presentation, etc.)
    3. Technical Skills

The interview process lasted about 3 months. First there were two phone screens. Next was the Interview Exercise. This exercise requires a candidate to meet with a Mavens consultant to gather requirements, then build a salesforce application, and concludes with presenting a demo of the solution to a group. Finally, the last step was 2-3 hour in person interview with several 1:1 interviews.

Although the process sounds daunting, for me it was very freshing. I did not have direct salesforce experience, but was able to showcase my ability to pick up the technology and present a solution. It truly gives candidates an opportunity to "show" rather than "tell".

Interview Questions
    • Building and Demoing the Interview Exercise Application   View Answer

Solution Architect At Mavens Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mavens Consulting in April 2013.

A very thorough and long interview process. Took several months to complete. Initial phone interview to explain company and culture. Once interest was established I was instructed to self study SFDC. During this phase I had weekly calls to confirm interest and answer questions. Once I was ready I was assigned an SFDC development project to complete and present to a panel. This was to ensure I had technical ability and aptitude for the position. Once I passed this phase I was invited into the office for a formal interview. It consisted of multiple one-on-one meetings throughout the day to gauge if I would fit their unique culture.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out as particularly difficult question other than the SFDC project which was complex and time consuming especially if new to SFDC.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mavens Consulting in October 2012.

Before the regular interview process began, I was asked to configure a Salesforce instance according to a set of requirements and build out a Captivate training module on those pieces. I then was asked to present on what I did to several members of the team via GoToMeeting. I also had many telephone conversations with team members. Finally, I was flown to Chicago to meet the team where my time was spent on traditional interview

Interview Questions
    • The whiteboard exercise was definitely most difficult question. It was a roleplay session in which I collected requirements from a mock client to see how I dealt with the situation.   View Answer