Maveric Systems

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Maveric Systems

Interview Details – On-Campus in a reputed B-School in India...2 rounds of interview after shortlist...Grilled mostly on my prev experience

Interview Question – Cite an example from your previous job experience where you were tested the most   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate Test Manager Interview

Associate Test Manager

Interviewed at Maveric Systems

Interview Details – They have telephonic round and then is the aptitude test which if cleared leads to personal interview. There are two rounds of interview.

Interview Question – How will your knowledge help the company grow   Answer Question

Intern Trainee(Engineering Fresher) Interview

Coimbatore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Maveric Systems in April 2013.

Interview Details – Pre-placement Talk:
                   During Pre-Placement Talk whoever asked questions progressed to Round 2(GD) directly without crossing the first hurdle

Tips: Know about the Company before attending Pre- Placement Talk, Know the names of those who are representing the company.Use their first name to call them while you ask questions during Pre- Placement talk or at any stages of Interview Process. You can ask whatever doubts you have there is nothing called as silly. Infact ,you would be given a chance to proceed to GD.

Aptitute :10 Verbal-5 Synonyms,5 Antonyms(1 Mark Each)
               Aptitute: 10 Questions(4 marks each)
               G.K:10 Questions(1 Mark Each)
               Essay on Specific Topic(Marks I don't remember now)
Shortlist: Around 350 attended the drive but only around 150 proceeded to the second round.Frankly speaking could not figure out on what basis scrutinizing was done. From my Perspective Essay is of utmost importance because testing involves test case designing and executing. Test Case is Designed by one and executed by other. So here language skill is essential.

Group Discussion: Different of kind...
               He asked us to consider our self to be in any Decision Making situation and then provide solution. There were 12 in my GD Batch. Each one were asked to come forward and explain the situation assumed by them followed by decision they will take.
Shortlist:Based on Presentation,Decision making and Listening to others talk.
2 from my batch cleared the GD.Likewise there were around 11 to 12 GD Groups.

Technical HR
1)Tell me about yourself?
2)Explain about your Project?
In One Line: It was more focused towards Resume.

Tips to Clear this Round: Be very clear on whatever mentioned in Resume. If anything you don't know accept it. If you know SQL you are most probable to clear. Others Don't worry about SQL (Non-CSE/IT).Know what is Software Testing?

General HR
1)Why do you want to join IT industry?
2)Explain what you understood from pre-placement talk?
3)Will you join Bond? How shall we believe?

Tips:Ask if you have any doubts?

I hope this could serve the purpose. Wish you all Success!!!

Interview Question – Why company ask to Sign Bond?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

Interview Details – Written Test, GD, Personal Interview

Software Test Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maveric Systems in September 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds.
1st - technical test (Both, multiple choice and descriptive questions were there)
2nd - Technical Round
3rd- managerial round

Interview Question – Questions asked in 2nd and 3rd rounds of interview:

2nd Round: (Technical round)
1. tell me about yourself?
2. what is test-plan document? what are the entry and exit criteria in test plan document?
3. Have you written test plan? what standard is followed to prepare test-plan?
4. What is the RTM doc and what is the use of it?
5. what is SDLC?
6. what is defect life cycle?
7. what is defect priority and severity?
8. what are the levels of priority and severity?
9. what is the exit criteria for test execution phase?
10. what to write RTM in QC?
11. what is web services?
12. what is the use of it?
13. then what is the difference between web service and HTTP protocol?
14. what is citrix?
15. what is defect trend chart?
16. How you ensure that you have covered all the functionality in your testcases?
17. What are the testing methodologies?
18. what are the types of testing?

3rd Round: (managerial round)
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. So how many project handled?
3. In which domain You have worked?
4.Have you worked in Banking domain? which banking domain it is?
5. tell me about the project you have handled in banking domain?
6. So what you have tested there? what types of testing you performed?
8. How you tested the money transfer functionality?
9. what is the recycling service management?
10. How it works?
11. what are the functionality you tested there?
12. So you worked on QC? what are the tabs you used there?
13. what is document library in QC?
14. Are you maintained RTM in QC?
16. Can we do it in RTM ? How?
17. What is the defect life cycle?
18. How you wrote and executed test case in QC?
19. How you raised defect in QC?
21. what is verification and validation?
20. If you change the status of the defect in QC from fixed to Close, then the status of the Test-cases linked with that defect will automatically changes failed to pass?
21. You have any questions?
  Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Maveric Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Detailed and good

Interview Question – More to explore the innovative part of self   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not make any negotiations as my primary focus was on good learning opportunities

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Maveric Systems in April 2009.

Interview Details – I had attended a face-to-face interview at the office premises on a week-end. It was exactly one Saturday post-lunch session, with the director. It went well in a simple and straight-fwd manner. He is a well qualified and senior member of that employer facilitated the entire session in an effective manner with only relevant set of questions, both personal/professional.

Business Analyst Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Maveric Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. I applied for the positions to hr with help of employee reference. The hr contacted me and arrange schedule the dat and time of interview. During interview, they explained the position, the work in general and then asked me about my previous experience. I even had to go into very technical details while explaining.

Interview Question – Questions were simple related to resume and the profile.   Answer Question

Testing Engineer Interview

Testing Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Maveric Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interview process, 1.HR round, 2.Technical round, 3.Salary Discussion round.
1st round is based on the assessment of Employee's ease in interview, communications and confidence levels,
2nd comes to pure technical based on All the phases of Software Test Life Cycle, test case preparation, examining the fundamental knowledge in the field of testing, clear understanding of the applicant's previous experience by assessing their contribution in the project.
3. Salary Discussion round - This is the last and the most comfortable round as applicant can consider himself/herself as through the interview process.

Most important applicants having less than 5 years of experience are applicable for Bond with a security assurance of Rs 2 Lakhs, need to Sign an Agreement.

HR and technical interviewer were friendly and open to feedback. One of the best interviews i faced till date,

Interview Question – Willing to sign the bond for 2 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was very easy.. rather more comfortable. One of the best compensations given to the employees who has started their career in small companies most of the people got more than 60% hike. You need to make out as much as you can, be clear on your expected salary as per the industry standards.

Senior Testing Engineer Interview

Senior Testing Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Maveric Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – - First Round is generally an HR Round
- Second Round, they test your Functional or Domain Knowledge
- Third Round, they negotiate your Salary

Negotiation Details – I had to accept what they offered. its take it or forget it!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Maveric Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maveric Systems interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maveric Systems employees and interview candidates.