Maverick Software Consulting

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maverick Software Consulting

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting in December 2014.

So the interview consisted of basic interview questions (team player, tell me about yourself, etc). They also asked a few questions about OOP - encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism. Pretty basic interview.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview consisted of situational questions and there was one technical question about what you would to do a text field that requires only numbers 1 thru 10 with a submit button.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a choice would you rather be a team leader or work independently, why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview consisted of HR/behavioral questions (describe a tough group project you did, what would you do if you can't make a deadline) and basic programming conceptual questions (what is polymorphism and an example, what is inheritance and an example). Also I was given a printout of a form that a user would fill out on a website and are asked what logic restrictions to put on the form (disallow alphabet characters in age field, only allow US states to be entered for state field, etc). Nothing too difficult, and if you brush up on intro to programming concepts you will be fine.

Interview is very laid back. If you can, bring up gaming or sports with your interviewer, it could possibly land you the position (assuming you did well with the other questions).

Interview Questions
    • What is an recursion and give me an example of where it is commonly used   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Had to email the manager about 3 weeks after interview to ask if I got the job or not.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maverick Software Consulting in November 2010.

I applied online, and received an email about setting up an interview. I went to their office for the interview and met with the office manager. The interview was pretty easy, and consisted of questions about basic object oriented programming concepts. If you're competent with the basics, they will provide the specific training you will need to work as a contractor.

Interview Questions
    • Write code for a basic Java class that represents a Animal. Then extend it to represent a Pig and a Chicken.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later to come in for about a 45 minute interview. Went it, they asked basic questions on OO programming mainly. Programming terms, had me write some code on how to do make a class with constructors and the white board.