Maverick Software Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maverick Software Consulting

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

Very straightforward, one preliminary interview to introduce yourself to the company. Then a technical interview about the company and programming. Process did take a while. Also, there are interviews with companies that Mavericks is contracting you to.

Interview Questions

• What is Polymorphism? What is Inheritance? What projects are you currently working on?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was completely online, It was pretty straightforward and there were no questions that I felt were completely out of left field. Make sure you have at least a year left before you graduate as the clients they get typically look for at least 9-12 months.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

I met one of their recruiters at the career fair. And then they told me to apply online. 2 weeks later got an interview. I thought I did ok but they didn't get back to me.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are pretty basic, like your role in a team, api, oop, encapsulation, and he also asked me a question about primary key.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting in December 2014.

Interview

So the interview consisted of basic interview questions (team player, tell me about yourself, etc). They also asked a few questions about OOP - encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism. Pretty basic interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the manager to set up the interview. The interview last about an hour, with the manager and one Maverick Intern. Half questions are situations and leaderships, the rest are technical questions about OOP.

Interview Questions

• Would you want to be a team member or a team leader. Why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

Interview consisted of situational questions and there was one technical question about what you would to do a text field that requires only numbers 1 thru 10 with a submit button.

Interview Questions

• If you had a choice would you rather be a team leader or work independently, why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Sacramento, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted fairly quickly to set up a phone/WebEx interview. The first interview was typically formatted and geared toward gauging my personality. Also, I was asked about the relevant computer science courses I have taken and will take. The second interview was technical. The questions were easy (if you are competent in intro to comp. sci. basics). Just brush up on your object-oriented concepts and terminology and you'll nail it. There was also a third "interview" in which I spoke with two representatives from the client I would actually be working with. It too was more of a personality/"Do you know Java?" assessment.

Interview Questions

• Basic object-oriented concepts, give example of polymorphism, what data structure should be used in certain cases, describe recursion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of HR/behavioral questions (describe a tough group project you did, what would you do if you can't make a deadline) and basic programming conceptual questions (what is polymorphism and an example, what is inheritance and an example). Also I was given a printout of a form that a user would fill out on a website and are asked what logic restrictions to put on the form (disallow alphabet characters in age field, only allow US states to be entered for state field, etc). Nothing too difficult, and if you brush up on intro to programming concepts you will be fine. Interview is very laid back. If you can, bring up gaming or sports with your interviewer, it could possibly land you the position (assuming you did well with the other questions).

Interview Questions

• What is an recursion and give me an example of where it is commonly used   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Had to email the manager about 3 weeks after interview to ask if I got the job or not.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Madison, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email about setting up an interview. I went to their office for the interview and met with the office manager. The interview was pretty easy, and consisted of questions about basic object oriented programming concepts. If you're competent with the basics, they will provide the specific training you will need to work as a contractor.

Interview Questions

• Write code for a basic Java class that represents a Animal. Then extend it to represent a Pig and a Chicken.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maverick Software Consulting in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later to come in for about a 45 minute interview. Went it, they asked basic questions on OO programming mainly. Programming terms, had me write some code on how to do make a class with constructors and the white board.