Maverik Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

1.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Maverik (Sparks, NV).

Interview

there's only one interview, the manager who interviewed me was really relaxed and friendly, there wasn't much questions: just the usual. like how much experience you have at a certain skill or abilities

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have in customer service?   1 Answer

Cashier, Aka Adventure Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maverik (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

It is a simple interview, they ask simple questions that are easy to answer. Do expect to be given a mouth swab drug test at the interview, they do this with all applicants that make it into the interview. I dont think they really listen to your answers, they just need people to show up, and go through employees like crazy. Not particular in whom they hire as long as you are breathing and standing up.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to stand for your entire shift?   1 Answer

Adventure Guide Interview

Interview

I walked in and spoke with the manager. She had me speak with the night ops manager. He toured me around the store covering responsibilities and questioning my work history. He seemed satisfied and offered me the job. I completed several training tests and a few days of work under supervision and was from then on left to my own devices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bid high, negotiate lower.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maverik (Kennewick, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 3 members of management at Worksource in Kennewick WA, fast and very laid back questions, management was very nice and made me feel comfortable. They told me they would contact me that week regardless if I got the job or not. Received call within 3 days!

Interview Questions

• How often do you clean the public restrooms on a typical 8 hour shift?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burley, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maverik (Burley, ID) in July 2011.

Interview

Short, sweet and to the point. I was already acquainted with the staff so they knew and trusted me. I knew that they were short staffed and went in and asked for an application, the manager asked me when I could start and I told him that I could start right away. He had me fill out the application so that it would be available in my employee file and told me when to be there the next day to begin work. I was simple.

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maverik (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2011.

Interview

smoke and mirrors and false promises, put you through testing and assessments so that a print out is formed to know what to ask someone… so essentially unskilled hiring managers can do their job somewhat

Interview Questions

• questions from a print out based on their assessments   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maverik (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was really laid back. Interviewed with manager and went very well.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation went great I told them what I thought I was worth and he explained the process of getting there and we met in the middle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maverik (Cheyenne, WY) in December 2010.

Interview

Was called into an interview at a hotel conference room due to store not being open yet. Was interviewed by 3 levels of management, one being store management. Basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for us? How would you handle a difficult customer?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to train out of town. Was started off at $8.50 an hour. Ended up at $9 an hour.

Store Director Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maverik (Idaho Falls, ID) in September 2010.

Interview

Area supervisor asked me questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

interviewed at Maverik (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

I did not interview. I submitted application and was offered a job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview. Half of the employees were customers of the store who knew when we were hiring.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not told how much I was making until I had been working for 3 days. I asked the manager and she said she didn't know. She had to clear salary with the District Manager before she could tell me.