Max Muscle

Very Difficult Interview

Management Interview

Management
Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Max Muscle in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was told about this company through a co-worker. I contacted the owners through email; they both responded within 24 hours. I had a pre-screening over the phone with one of the men; he said he was excited about my resume, and wanted to set up a dinner interview. He was to call me at 6pm that following week.
On the day of the interview, he did not call. Bad sign #1. I called him at 6:30pm to discuss our meeting location. We decided on a mutual agreed & familiar shopping center. There is a burger restaurant, Italian, pizza and a pub. I assume the Italian place would be the most appropriate, but they were waiting for me at the pub...Bad sign #2
They asked me to sum up my resume, and when the waiter came around with menus, they said that we wouldn't be eating! Bad sign #3. I was shocked. I had not had dinner, because it was a dinner interview. Then the fun part...
Questions like...
If you don't drink protein shakes, then how can you sell protein shakes?
What would you do if a body builder acts like you know nothing about health and nutrition?
Ridiculous questions considering that I am the top sales person at all of my jobs, and have a degree in Nutrition and Lifestyle. Bottom line, they are looking for looks, not talent. One of the owners even confessed to having muscle dysmorphia, claiming that all men did (I strongly disagree, as this is a psychological problem).
Then, they said that I should just go on and meet the manager of the store on Tuesday, and then decide. I called on monday to set up an appt with the Manager. The number for that store was disconnected, so I called the owner, and asked for the correct number. He never returned my call.
About a week later, the owners son called to schedule another interview, but failed to leave a phone number. Needless to say, I did not go out of my way to call him back.

If yor BMIs above 25, don't apply with this company; they want their employees to look like Steroidal Kens and Barbies ,with about the same IQ preferably so they can teach you their Essential 6, which they drink coke (or were they rum and coke)?

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a big body builder came to your store, and talked to you like you didn't known anything?   View Answer
  • Since you don't consume diary or egg, how will you be able to sell a protein shake?   View Answer
  • What type of exercise do you do?   View Answer

Worked for Max Muscle? Contribute to the Community!