Max New York Life Insurance

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance in July 2010.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a career fair. Afterward, I had 3 interviews with the company. The recruiter seemed to be a little too friendly sometimes. Overall, the interview process was fine, but they are a little vague in terms of compensation. They have a very complicated compensation structure that is hard to understand in one sitting. They also are somewhat vague in saying whether or not you are actually hired. They ask you, "Does this sound like something you'd like to do" a million times. You are also expected to complete insurance classes and pass before doing real work with the company. Another reason for why they say you are "technically hired". If you don't pass the classes it's obvious that you won't continue doing work with the company. Also, from what I understood I was going to have to pay for the classes to get certified.

The office is very nice and the other people in the office seemed friendly but I felt like you didn't need to know much in order to actually get through the interview process.

Interview Question – What would you consider your weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had just graduated from college and felt like I probably could have worked with them if I had just graduated from High School.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Max New York Life Insurance

Worked for Max New York Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Max New York Life Insurance Agent interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Max New York Life Insurance employees and interview candidates.