Max New York Life Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.7

Associate Partner Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing process seems like a scam The first meeting they made me do a personality test, that would basically determine you could work there or not. I've actually interviewed with NYLife twice on the same day at different locations, and I was accepted by one, but rejected by the other after the initial personality test. I just don't understand how answering a few questions on a scale of 1 - 5 can determine whether you're fit for the job. Especially when they boast about their employees being from all backgrounds, why pre-screen people if everyone supposedly fits... During the second session, there was a 2.5 hour info session that I had to sit through, where more than half of it was just convincing you why NYLife is a good choice. I just wanted to know the pay, benefits, and what exactly working at NYLife entails. After the session, they handed out an info packet/booklet and told us to get references/sales (2 a day for the next 2 and a half weeks) which seemed like a lot to ask if we weren't even officially signed on yet. Basically the whole process seemed like a pyramid, and I would say it was a negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask anything too hard besides typical interview questions. The first meeting they basically explained (very vaguely) what NYLife was about and wanted an opinion on it. What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview was face to face with the recruiting coordinator. She asked me about my personal experience and life. Besides, she asked me about my skills, personality, personal characteristics, knowledge, and aptitude. The recruitment process has three steps. First, the face to face interview with the recruiting coordinator. Second, a Career Opportunity Class to show you what you will do. Third, an interview with a top manager. I did not accept the position, because is a based commission salary position. You need to earn your own money. The problem is that you have 3 months before to start your sales process. Thereby, you will have three months without salary until you have your license and start to make your own clients.

Interview Questions

• If I meet a close friend of you. What that person could say about you?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor/Registered Representative/Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance (Reston, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, which took about more than two hours. The entire process didn't asked anything, but just submitted a test/questionnaire which asks you about whether you are authorized to work/will be authorized to work in 90 days, and whether you are over 18. The person I interviewed with was just trying to sell their company, which I thought was weird.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance.

Interview

Called for an Interview on a monday, Interviewed that Wednesday. The interview was about an hour long, we had a very open dialog, I was only asked a few standard interview questions. Took a short survey that took about 15 minutes to complete. Brought back into the interview room when the gentleman reviewed my surgery and offered me a second interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a sales objection?   1 Answer

Corporate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with existing CVPs who did not appear to have interviewing skills. Did not ask questions related to the position. Everything revolves around sales even if the position does not. This is the "Good Old Boys Club". Females do not bother applying.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview is well putt , there are 3 interviews and they give you information on what they do and from what I saw they want you to want it they don't want to waste there time if you don't want you put in the work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not one bad thing

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance.

Interview

I was able to get an interview immediately after the career fair at my university. I went to first round interview not knowing what to expect. My interviewer asked me if I had any questions. I asked what would be my job responsibilities. The responsibilities for the job were to assist clients with their necessities and ultimately recommend them a financial path. Everything seemed fine until I asked her what I would be doing. She explained that I would be cold calling people to "develop my own business list". This literally meant I would have to call people I did not know, or even worse, people I knew to sell them insurance. To top that, I would need a 400 list of names as potential first customers. Finally, I found out that at that the pay if 100% commission, which means that since you will not have a customer network at the beginning, you will probably not have any income to start with. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

100% commission and cold calling.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied Online- received a call the next day. I went in for the interview a few days later, felt more like a sales pitch than an actual interview. The manager kept talking about his success, and how I can be just as successful if I work hard enough. After the interview they had me fill out a brief personality questionnaire.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance in October 2014.

Interview

Found the job at a job fair. When the recruiter called, she was very nice. I sat with a partner for my first interview. Honestly, it felt more like a sales pitch. My first interview consisted of maybe three questions and the rest was listening. I'm not very impressed in the "unlimited potential" angle. Especially with a sales background, I've heard it before. I have no doubt it can be a great business but it will be a grind, and I mean that like a hustle and grind all day for the first couple years to get off the ground. Don't get burnt out. A lot of people do and will.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and went for an initial interview then a follow up which listed all the procedure and how everything works in terms of pay. I then took a personality test and was given an application code and was told to later go apply online.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable talking and selling to an older crowd being as I'm young and am I apart of any social groups or networks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in process