Max New York Life Insurance

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Max New York Life Insurance.

Called for an Interview on a monday, Interviewed that Wednesday. The interview was about an hour long, we had a very open dialog, I was only asked a few standard interview questions. Took a short survey that took about 15 minutes to complete. Brought back into the interview room when the gentleman reviewed my surgery and offered me a second interview for the next day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a sales objection?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The interview is well putt , there are 3 interviews and they give you information on what they do and from what I saw they want you to want it they don't want to waste there time if you don't want you put in the work

Interview Questions
    There was not one bad thing

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Max New York Life Insurance.

I was able to get an interview immediately after the career fair at my university. I went to first round interview not knowing what to expect. My interviewer asked me if I had any questions. I asked what would be my job responsibilities. The responsibilities for the job were to assist clients with their necessities and ultimately recommend them a financial path. Everything seemed fine until I asked her what I would be doing. She explained that I would be cold calling people to "develop my own business list". This literally meant I would have to call people I did not know, or even worse, people I knew to sell them insurance. To top that, I would need a 400 list of names as potential first customers. Finally, I found out that at that the pay if 100% commission, which means that since you will not have a customer network at the beginning, you will probably not have any income to start with. The interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

100% commission and cold calling.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Max New York Life Insurance.

Applied Online- received a call the next day. I went in for the interview a few days later, felt more like a sales pitch than an actual interview. The manager kept talking about his success, and how I can be just as successful if I work hard enough. After the interview they had me fill out a brief personality questionnaire.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Max New York Life Insurance in October 2014.

Found the job at a job fair. When the recruiter called, she was very nice. I sat with a partner for my first interview. Honestly, it felt more like a sales pitch. My first interview consisted of maybe three questions and the rest was listening. I'm not very impressed in the "unlimited potential" angle. Especially with a sales background, I've heard it before. I have no doubt it can be a great business but it will be a grind, and I mean that like a hustle and grind all day for the first couple years to get off the ground. Don't get burnt out. A lot of people do and will.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Max New York Life Insurance.

I was referred by a friend and went for an initial interview then a follow up which listed all the procedure and how everything works in terms of pay. I then took a personality test and was given an application code and was told to later go apply online.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be comfortable talking and selling to an older crowd being as I'm young and am I apart of any social groups or networks.   Answer Question
    Still in process

Financial Advisor Interview

Meet the Senior agent, he/she will asks you about yourself then you will sign a background check form and a 10 min online test. If you pass you will get second interveiw. On second interview, you will get details about commission, payouts..etc.

You will need to open up 4 to 5 accounts and generat $3000 to $5000 comm ( depends on the offer) in 2 weeks ( if you are new to this biz, you will have no other way then your friends and family, Project 200), You won't get pay if you didn't reach that goal, meaning, they get to keep the accts you out the door. BTW, you will need to pay for everything E&O, health insurance...etc every month.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Max New York Life Insurance in July 2014.

Had 2 interviews over the phone, where very friendly and concise pointing out the benefits of the position and persuading me to consider to work with them in a very professional way

Marketing Intern Interview

Two interviews - 1 HR and 1 with project Manager. HR questions were general behavioral ones which didn't go into depth. The question asked by project manager were the ones related to what they expect you to do over the course of your internship within the company. They were straight in their approach.

Negotiable on case basis

Sales Manager Interview

The interview process began with a phone call and a scheduling for a meeting. Once at the location you are greeted and given papers to fill out basic information: Name, Date of Birth, Contact info, etc. You are then called into speak to a supervisor who will ask questions about your personal interests and goals. If they deem you appropriate you move on to a company presentation and lastly you answer essay type questions to further organize goals and future plans, expectations of the company, salary and other questions.

Interview Questions

There was a specific licensing procedure i did not want to pay for.