Max & Erma's Restaurants

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Max & Erma's Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springboro, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springboro, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in March 2014.

Got an application and they called me about a month later when their was an opening. Got two interviews and got offered the job at the end of the second one.

Busser/Dish Washer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Peres, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Peres, MO

I applied in-person – interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in April 2013.

came sat down asked is there any limitations to my avalibility. i said no..and got hired that was all.

none

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

interviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in January 2013.

good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in March 2012.

You will have one base interview and then a possible second interview where you will most likely be offered the job

no negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in January 2012.

Met first with BOH manager. Sat down with her she asked me typical questions such as what would you do in this type of situation. Somewhat intimidating at the time she never smiled just so serious it was one of those well do I have the job. Well afterwards I had my second interview which went well and hey I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your employers menu and how would you describe and or up-sale some of your best selling products.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in April 2011.

Sat down with General Manager and discussed experience and the best position for me to work in. Relaxed and informal. I had not experience other than coaching youth soccer and stocking shelves at a gas station so I was having a lot of trouble getting hired in the city. The manager noticed my leadership and coaching experience and we discussed how that is relevant to working on a team and with the general public. I could see that he really valued team-players and that impressed me. Once he saw that I could communicate in a friendly and effective manner I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position?   View Answer
    Simple. They offered me a position and hourly wage to start out with and opportunity to train to more difficult/higher paying positions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in December 2010.

The same questions every Manager is asked: food and beverage knowledge, general customer service questions and management style.

Set.

Carryout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickerington, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickerington, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in November 2009.

The questions are extremely easy. As long as you have a outgoing personality and look them in the eye.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in June 2009.

Phone interview to start. Next met with the Human Resources manager at a location. Next met with the regional manager at a location. At this point took a skills assesment, IQ test, and drug test. Offered position and did not take it.

Interview Questions
    • What was a problem that you overcame inside of your restaurant and what steps did you take to acheive it.   Answer Question

Just checking what was out there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Max & Erma's Restaurants in August 2007.

Interviewing for Max & Erma's is much like interviewing at any other corporate restaurant. Once you put in your application, one of the managers will call you in for an interview. During the interview, I was asked about previous work experience and common customer service questions.