MaxLinear Interview Questions in Carlsbad, CA

3.5

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by Recruiter, Nearly 6 months of 'courting' on the phone with the hiring VP. Finally was invited to an on-site interview in southern California. First evening was with 2 people. An then whole day next day with multiple interviews and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.   1 Answer

RF Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

They found my resume online. Had a phone interview with hiring manager that went well. He suggested that read up for the in person interview. I had 6 in person interviews. All of the interviewers are friendly and often helped me in getting to the solutions. The whole process is very smooth. It took less than two form the first phone interview to getting the offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Asked about projects on my resume   1 Answer

RF Platform Engineer, Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

It was competitive and they picked the most competent engineers in RF circuits.

Interview Questions

• What is Q-factor of an RLC circuit ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Joining/relocation bonus.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

They just know some text book stuff and ask same questions. all employees seemed under stress.
    HR woman told me- good luck getting vacation in this company.
    telephone interview person was extremely rude.
    they didnt keep up time or schedule.
    totally confused state.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

very disorganized interview, not from a schedule perspective, but regarding the discussions. Technical questions were not focused, many interviewers covered the same topic, some key topics were not covered.
    Also, some interviewers insisted they were correct about items when they were wrong. Overall, I sensed a lot of hubris from all of the interviewers.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Submitted my resume through online. Analyzed and called for phone interview after 2 days of submission.
    HR called to schedule phone interview, staff engineer called for interview at scheduled time.
    Interview went well

Interview Questions

• Common functions in Vxworks and Embeddded Linux   1 Answer
    • Why do we use volatile in C   2 Answers

Negotiation

Just negotiate based on market standards.