MaxLinear

Very Difficult Interview

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer Interview

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MaxLinear in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by Recruiter, Nearly 6 months of 'courting' on the phone with the hiring VP. Finally was invited to an on-site interview in southern California. First evening was with 2 people. An then whole day next day with multiple interviews and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me after 2 days.

Interview Question – Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.   View Answer

RF Systems Design Engineer Interview

RF Systems Design Engineer
Carlsbad, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at MaxLinear in June 2010.

Interview Details – They found my resume online. Had a phone interview with hiring manager that went well. He suggested that read up for the in person interview. I had 6 in person interviews. All of the interviewers are friendly and often helped me in getting to the solutions. The whole process is very smooth. It took less than two form the first phone interview to getting the offer from them.

Interview Question – Asked about projects on my resume   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MaxLinear in February 2010.

Interview Details – They just know some text book stuff and ask same questions. all employees seemed under stress.
HR woman told me- good luck getting vacation in this company.
telephone interview person was extremely rude.
they didnt keep up time or schedule.
totally confused state.

Interview Question – whats mcr?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at MaxLinear in June 2009.

Interview Details – very disorganized interview, not from a schedule perspective, but regarding the discussions. Technical questions were not focused, many interviewers covered the same topic, some key topics were not covered.
Also, some interviewers insisted they were correct about items when they were wrong. Overall, I sensed a lot of hubris from all of the interviewers.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

RF Platform Engineer, Member of Technical Staff Interview

RF Platform Engineer, Member of Technical Staff
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MaxLinear in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was competitive and they picked the most competent engineers in RF circuits.

Interview Question – What is Q-factor of an RLC circuit ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Joining/relocation bonus.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MaxLinear in March 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through online. Analyzed and called for phone interview after 2 days of submission.
HR called to schedule phone interview, staff engineer called for interview at scheduled time.
Interview went well

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Just negotiate based on market standards.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for MaxLinear? Contribute to the Community!

MaxLinear – Why Work for Us?

You're a wicked smart engineer and you want to play a key role in developing cutting edge semiconductor products for global markets. At MaxLinear, 26% of U.S. employees have a Ph.D. and 71% have a Master’s Degree. If… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MaxLinear interview questions and advice in Carlsbad, CA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by MaxLinear employees and interview candidates.