MaxLinear Interview Questions & Reviews in Carlsbad, CA

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MaxLinear in July 2012.

Initially contacted by Recruiter, Nearly 6 months of 'courting' on the phone with the hiring VP. Finally was invited to an on-site interview in southern California. First evening was with 2 people. An then whole day next day with multiple interviews and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me after 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.   View Answer

RF Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at MaxLinear in June 2010.

They found my resume online. Had a phone interview with hiring manager that went well. He suggested that read up for the in person interview. I had 6 in person interviews. All of the interviewers are friendly and often helped me in getting to the solutions. The whole process is very smooth. It took less than two form the first phone interview to getting the offer from them.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MaxLinear in February 2010.

They just know some text book stuff and ask same questions. all employees seemed under stress.
    HR woman told me- good luck getting vacation in this company.
    telephone interview person was extremely rude.
    they didnt keep up time or schedule.
    totally confused state.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at MaxLinear in June 2009.

very disorganized interview, not from a schedule perspective, but regarding the discussions. Technical questions were not focused, many interviewers covered the same topic, some key topics were not covered.
    Also, some interviewers insisted they were correct about items when they were wrong. Overall, I sensed a lot of hubris from all of the interviewers.

RF Platform Engineer, Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MaxLinear in April 2010.

It was competitive and they picked the most competent engineers in RF circuits.

Joining/relocation bonus.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at MaxLinear in March 2009.

Submitted my resume through online. Analyzed and called for phone interview after 2 days of submission.
    HR called to schedule phone interview, staff engineer called for interview at scheduled time.
    Interview went well

Interview Questions
    Just negotiate based on market standards.

Worked for MaxLinear? Contribute to the Community!