MaxLinear

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.4

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Update resume through the webisite. Contacted by HR very fast and set a telephone interview time. A few questions about the amplifiers, PLL systems. Basic questions for Entry Level CMOS Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer.

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

good technical question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MaxLinear.

One phone screen, followed by a day long on-site interview. The interview panel comprised of 8 members. Forty minutes to one hour session with each of them.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions on device noise, sampling or kT/C noise, noise in mixers, low-noise amplifiers, operational amplifiers, basic signal and systems, single-stage amplifiers, previous design experience.   Answer Question

Senior Digital Design Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MaxLinear.

Open interview process. I spoke with about 10 engineers and managers. It was a long day but it was not unpleasant. HR was a bit disorganized. We set up an HR interview before I came but this was not kept.

Member of Technical Staff, RFIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MaxLinear in February 2013.

It is a thorough process both technical questions and examples asked for. There is also a cultural fit piece. It is a long day but I felt I understood the role and had time to present my skills

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do some expamples on a white board- and was nervous   Answer Question
    It was fast- it was a conversation on expectations- explanation of comp plan and benefits and then a letter

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MaxLinear in July 2012.

Worst interview experience ever in my career. Interview was 2 phonic each 1 hr all technical with pen and paper followed by onsite one complete day 12 people 8 hrs. That included CTO too. CTO was very negative about the company itself stating that if I knew any employee and when I said yes then he mentioned even I know someone and they recommending to interview with the company? People in panel were not friendly at all and don't expect they will make you comfortable either.

Staff Director RF/MS IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MaxLinear in July 2012.

Initially contacted by Recruiter, Nearly 6 months of 'courting' on the phone with the hiring VP. Finally was invited to an on-site interview in southern California. First evening was with 2 people. An then whole day next day with multiple interviews and a presentation. The recruiter got back to me after 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.   View Answer

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MaxLinear in May 2012.

This is testament to the falling ethics of interviewers or of companies these days. There were two rounds of phone interviews. Sparing the details, the first was with a Director/Hiring Manager who insisted that I not leave the company if I was offered a position as he would have spent time and money into hiring and training me. (The interview took place on a Sunday evening at 10:00 pm). Questions asked included TIA, op-amp compensation, noise-figure calculation, feedback etc.

The second phone interview was setup as a precursor to an on-site interview. The impression the interviewer(s) left me with was one of being relatively competent, but having bookish knowledge and unsure of the answers to questions that they posed themselves. Questions asked included noise figure calculations, RF LNA, Mixer fundamentals etc.

They later withdrew the invite to an on-site interview stating the project could not wait long periods for my (out-of-country) visa to be processed despite knowing this at the start of discussions.

All in all, it seemed the company culture was one of good learning opportunities but where one is worked to the limits.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at MaxLinear in July 2010.

They asked some basic RF question regarding iip3, NF, and gain.
    They also asked about my projects related to RF.
    All basic questions, but I didn't explain well.
    Interviewers are nice and friendly.

RF Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at MaxLinear in June 2010.

They found my resume online. Had a phone interview with hiring manager that went well. He suggested that read up for the in person interview. I had 6 in person interviews. All of the interviewers are friendly and often helped me in getting to the solutions. The whole process is very smooth. It took less than two form the first phone interview to getting the offer from them.