MaxPoint Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MaxPoint (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted twice by Max Point (email and LinkedIn). I was not really looking for a job but what I read about the company intrigued me. I decided to give it a shot. The first interview was a basic phone screen. At first, I was told I was going to be invited on-site if my experience matched however, that was not the case. There was a second phone interview, this time around a little more technical. Again I was told, shall my background match, I would be invited on-site but, once again, this was not true. I finally had an even more technical phone interview where I discussed at length my experience, skills, and knowledge. Of all the phone conversations, this one was the one I felt most confident. The interviewer went through most of my resume and the whole interview went as a technical conversation where I was able to answer and further elaborate about my experience; the conversation never felt stagnant or as if I had forgotten anything I have done in the field through college and at a professional level.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical problems to be solved. The interviewers focused more on what my resume says and probing into details associated with what is written in it. I felt they were impressed when I answered their questions to certain topics on my own words and concrete examples that if I were to recite textbook definition of computer science and software terms. One thing I completely did not appreciate was their letter letting me know they would pursue other candidates as their statement was something they could have known by just going through my resume. I did not like that I had to make many accommodations during my vacation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MaxPoint.

Interview

They are looking for buzzwords in the initial call. Say the word Python and Hadoop. They will like you. The person who makes the first call doesn't know much but just listens for these buzzwords. I'm sure I did very well but they never followed up, which is shocking considering how well everything went. I had no trouble with anything and they seemed genuinely interested, but just haven't heard anything. They really don't have their stuff together over there. Bad HR department.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MaxPoint (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

This company is not serious about what they want. If a recruiter 'forgets' phone appointments or there is always some crisis that pops up, you have to wonder how on earth they get any hiring done. This company has many open positions. I wonder if there is a reason...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MaxPoint.

Interview

The phone screen was not too bad. I was asked what sort of experience I have with projects and was asked to go into detail about those projects. From there I was asked general conceptual questions about different topics such as web development and Object-Oriented Programming. I now have an on-site interview with some of the staff engineers and managers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably the ones about a few frameworks I worked on at a past internship because I had not looked over those frameworks in several months so I was very rusty on the details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MaxPoint (Morrisville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitting my resume online. Received a phone call from HR shortly after asking general questions about my resume. Describe yourself, what is your favorite project, etc, etc. What followed was an one hour long on-site technical interview at the Morrisville location about general Java knowledge, and some basic whiteboard coding. One week later I was asked to come in again, and this time the interview round consisted of four back-to-back interviews with engineering managers / developers from both Morrisville and in Austin (through Skype). These interviews weren't as technical but rather a bit more behavioral. Questions like what do you like doing most? Do you have experience with this technology? I think basically trying to find a team that would fit your personality, skill-set within the company.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard coding: Write a function to compute the average of an array of numbers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at MaxPoint.

Interview

Interview process began with lunch with UX Manager, then two 3 hour long interviews with Product Managers, other designers, and developers. It was a fairly long process. They value fit with the culture which is why it takes so long.

Interview Questions

I'm just leery of explosive rapid growth companies. I'd rather see sustainable growth over time. Something about the company just didn't sit well with me, too much kool-aid.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MaxPoint.

Interview

Interview process overall was very positive until I had a chance to meet the President/CEO. Very rude and disrespectful person. Not the impression you want to see from a leader and before you get hired. This experience stopped any desire to continue pursue employment with MaxPoint.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MaxPoint (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR. One of the worst interviews I have ever attended. Total waste of four hours. Interviewers have very high opinion of themselves and were playing with their cell phones during the interview. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. If this was the experience potential employee I cant imagine how they would be treating their current employees.

Interview Questions

The way they treated their potential employers in the interview process. I am glad I did not accept.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

My initial contact was via phone interview. It was fairly routine. I was asked to interview in person about a week later. A few days ahead of time I was given a very open-ended case study to prepare. My interview began with me presenting my solution to about a dozen people. I felt very comfortable presenting and they asked reasonable and appropriately challenging questions that focused more on the general approach than on technical details. I spent a few more hours in one-on-one or small group interviews. Overall my experience was positive and the interview was very balanced in terms of me answering questions and me learning from them about the company. I felt the interviewers were engaged and giving me their full attention, unlike some experiences others have related.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

Interview

Applied online and was contacted after a week. A phone interview followed by a onsite interview. The WORST interview experience I ever had. They have a very rude attitude . I know they make the rules, however that is still no excuse to be disrespectful and rude to interview candidates. Respect is a two way street and the rudeness gives you insight as to how that employer is possibly treating their employees and I certainly wouldn't want to work with such disrespectful and rude people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular they were busy playing with their phones and sending texts to each other.   Answer Question