Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

I applied online reluctantly after reading countless negative reviews for this company and received an email from a recruiter two days later for a phone interview. Phone interview went pretty smoothly...recruiter let me know about the job expectations, on call for at least two days a week, pay ($35,000-$40,000 plus 10% annual bonus). I was then moved to the next round of a 1:1 interview with the account manager of the local branch. The interview was pretty easy and I was feeling pretty confident with the way things were headed. The manager even stated that he would contact me the following week with information about the pit sit and the next steps of the process however two days later I get the infamous maxim rejection letter without even a person's name attached. Total waste of time. However, by reading all the negative reviews of this company I think I'm better off without them.

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

General interview learning about work experience and general questions.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Applied online and after following up was asked to come in for an interview. Interview was only about 25 minutes and they asked me basic questions. They just seemed so bored and not excited about their work so I moved on.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Regional and local office managers/Recruiters- clearly don't take the time the bring each other up to date on the progress and conversations had with potential candidates. They tell you the same thing multiple times. I would expect to hear it again when I speak with the office manager.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Simple. They question how you handle stress and how you handle problems. They don't really tell you what's coming at you until you signed. You interview with the DBO then get invited to do a pit sit if you sit well with the office. After the pit sit it is decided if you get an interview with the Area VP. If they say yes then you are good.

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2011.

Started out with a phone interview with a internal recruiter. Went great and was a nice person and answered all my questions. Told him I was not interested in the position because of the low pay. I was recommended to go for a 1:1 interview because the salary could be different in my area because of the commission. So I agreed to meet with a manager.
    First impression of the office was a complete mess. A group of desks in the middle for 2 recruiters to work at. Cords, paperwork, and boxes everywhere. Conducted the interview with the branch manager. Every questioned I asked was not answered and avoided.
    Left with the impression that they are looking for college grads to work for crazy for little pay.

Interview Questions
    • If a nurse called in and said they are unable to make it to their assignment, what would you do if your the person on call.   View Answer

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in October 2010.

The interview process started off with a phone interview. I only got to the phone interview. I was asked situational questions. There weren't a lot of behavioral questions asked. After the phone interview, i got to ask some questions about the company. The interview guy was very good in responding to my questions quickly and timely. I heard back from Maxim a week later in a email saying i wasn't chosen for the position. It sounded like a really cool job with lots of management duties as a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time when you had to deal with a fellow employee that was troublesome?   View Answer

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in September 2010.

My first interview was on the phone. I was prepared to answer questions but was caught completely off guard when the person on the other line was talking about the company and the position for over 20 minutes. It sounded as if he was literally reading off a script. I was extremely bored and somewhat confused as to the purpose of that phone call. I found myself saying "yes" and "ok" the entire time. He did not ask me any questions about myself at all but wanted to schedule and in-person interview later. The in-person interview was different. The office was small, messy, and completey unorganized. When I walked in, I wasn't even sure who to talk to since there was 2 clusters of desks in the middle of the office and no clear front desk assistant. I interviewed with 3 different people that day. They asked the same basic questions and all started off by asking me if I read over the job description. I mean really, I'm on an interview. I would hope that ANYONE would be smart enough to do that. I replied with a yes each time I was asked that. Anyways, the interview was very easy but I would not suggest this job to anyone. I went on the interview just as practice since I found out a lot of negative things about the company and the job. Word of advice, steer clear from this company.

Interview Questions
    • I see you have a lot of sales experience, and this position involves no sales. Why would you even consider this a good fit?   View Answer

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in August 2012.

I applied online and got a phone call a week later. I was asked a few questions and then invited for an in-person interview. I went to the interview and it went very well. I was asked to come back for the second part of the process, which is the "pit sit." This is where you sit with a current Recruiter and observe them and ask questions. Well, there was only one Recruiter on that day, and she was on the phone with angry patients for the entire time I was there so there was no chance for me to ask questions. I was told I could leave after almost two hours of this. A week later I got a call that I didn't get the job with no explanation. I tried emailing my interviewer, since we had gotten along very well, hoping for some constructive feedback. I got no response, so I applied to another location. I spoke with a regional recruiter and was told I'd get a call back within two days. Almost two weeks later I got a rejection email with again, no explanation and a note that said all replies to that message would bounce. I'm so unimpressed with the lack of communication here! I applied despite many negative reviews, but I'm now inclined to think I'm better off not being involved with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when someone has 'thrown you under the bus'?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in August 2011.

Great experience. The office manager who I interviewed with was very personable and very informative. He made me feel comfortable from the very first time we spoke on the phone and that carried over to our face to face interview. He asked me some questions over the phone and made sure that I knew what I was getting in to.