Maxim Healthcare Services Healthcare Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.6

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview, then brought in for 3 more interviews – 2 were with the accounts manager, and the last one was with the Area VP.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Healthcare Services

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in June 2014.

Interview

Simple questions...not hard at all. They try to get a feel for your personality and if it meshes well with the team. General questions such as how do you deal with conflict? What can you bring to the team....tell me more about yourself...etc.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Simple. They question how you handle stress and how you handle problems. They don't really tell you what's coming at you until you signed. You interview with the DBO then get invited to do a pit sit if you sit well with the office. After the pit sit it is decided if you get an interview with the Area VP. If they say yes then you are good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Newport News, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

My hiring and interview process is ridiculously long and drawn out. I began my journey with a phone call from the regional recruiter (I believe). He just gave me a rundown of some of the job responsiblities and duties, as well as company history. This call took about an hour and a half. The next week I received a call from the local office manager to inform me he would like to schedule me for an interview. I came in later that week for my initial interview, which took about 2-3 hours. The office manager came in and spoke to me about all the info I went over with the regional recruiter. Then he asked me about 3 pages worth of typed questions. The following week, I came in for what they called a pit sit. Its pretty much just shadowing current employees and seeing their day to day experience. I meet all the employees in the office, they came in to introduce themselves and ask questions. Later I took phone calls as if I was an employee. My first call turned out to be a "prank", it was just an office member pretending to be a nurse looking for work. I handled it well, as anyone who is capable of working there should be able to do. This took about half of a work day. The next week, the office manager called me up to write him a letter stating why I feel I should get the job. Now Im playing the waiting game. I called back to check on the status of the process and was I told they were still reviewing applicants for the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just the number of questions was overkill. In my opinion..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Pretty basic, about an hour long with one hiring manager (another guy sat in but didn't say much). Talked about the position and asked basic questions about my background. Got a call to come in for a "half day" where you meet and talk to everyone that works there and learn about all the positions. This was helpful because I got to sit in with just the three current recruiters and ask them anything.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Regional and local office managers/Recruiters- clearly don't take the time the bring each other up to date on the progress and conversations had with potential candidates. They tell you the same thing multiple times. I would expect to hear it again when I speak with the office manager.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. 3 interview process, 2 of which were over the phone. The last one is a "pit sit" which is basically your introduction to the office and your future colleagues

Interview Questions

• none...My accounts manager believed in a more genuine approach to the process   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in March 2014.

Interview

First was an interview with a recruiter. Then went and met with the business manager on location. I was then moved onto the "pit sit" then onto another interview with the office health administrator that same day. The following week I had yet another interview with someone higher up. Then a week later another one! 5 interviews later they told me they would be making a decision by Friday. Friday came and the business manager called and stated that they had another applicant they had to interview due to certain circumstances. He stated they would have a decision by the following Tuesday. When Tuesday came he then told me Friday. By this point I had given up hope in the company. I called Wednesday a day after they stated they would have a decision and they stated he would call me back. I NEVER heard anything. Even had a background check and fingerprints done. I have a clean record so nothing would give them a reason to deny. Didn't even get a denial letter. Extremely unprofessional company. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH 5 INTERVIEWS!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about 2-3 weeks. At first I was contacted by a "in-house" recruiter. She conducted an over the phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. After which she offered to set up an interview with the local branch manager and went over the salary and benefits package. The next week I went in for my face to face interview which went well. Everyone in the office was friendly, the interview itself was less intimidating than I had expected. The interview lasted about an hour long. The manager scheduled me for a "pit sit" the next week which lasted about 3 hours. At the end of the "pit sit" I filled out personal information for them to run a background check. The manager scheduled a time for me to have an over the phone interview with the VP of the region the next day. After that interview I was called back by the branch manager telling me everything was going well, that they were just waiting for the background check to come back. Once it did they offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to take responsibility for someone else's mistake, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, Came in office meet with Account Manager and Director of Clinical , came back and did Pit Sit ( meet co workers) Phone interview with the Area VP. Offer