Maxim Healthcare Services

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.2

Clinical Supervisor RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Applied online via a posting on their website. Was contacted within the next 2 weeks by their Administrative Officer to set up my interview. Typically the interviews for this position are as follows: interview with the Director of Clinical Services (explains the job), followed by an interview with the Adminisitrative Officer (last question: salary). Both interviewers asked mostly situational type questions, like, "Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation between 2 nurses", etc.

Was called 2-3 weeks later and offered the job, and signed my official offer letter within 1-2 weeks following.

Interview Questions
    • None. Google situation background interview questions for nurses and those are pretty similar. Practice your answers for those and be confident.   Answer Question
    Always negotiate a higher salary. You will work more than 40+ hours some weeks, and without a union to support you, you have to speak for yourself.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

After I contacted them and let them know my skill set, they had me to come in (wasn't computerized then) and take a series of tests and of course, the backgrounds. The interview was almost non-existent. It was very casual. They specified what places they had needs. I took a picture for my ID and got time cards. After that I pretty much waited for them to call me and let me know that my paperwork had come back ok. I started accepting per diem assignments then.

I didn't negotiate because I was never taught to. In hind sight I would negotiate salary.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

They strung me along for months waiting to hear whether I got the position. I went in for an interview they had me come back for a job shadow. Then they were looking at me for another position they thought I would be a better fit and then I did an interview and job shadow. I went in four different times and if anything I was over qualified. They gave the position to a previous employee that apparently came back to work for them. The boss said he would touch base with me week after week and I always had to call him a day after he said he would call me and we would play phone tag for a day or two. I was not impressed at all

Interview Questions
    • They will ask what questions you have for them. They are big on questions because it shows interest. Also do your research before the interview, they will ask what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.

An initial call where the interviewer sets up a phone interview and tells you to study up on company culture & job description. Then passes your information onto a manager who determines whether or not to interview for the next round. After this, there is a sit in and then finally an interview with the vice president in the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about weaknesses, strengths, and why you want to join this company.   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interviewed on campus then at office. had a few hours got to sit in at office see what average day was like. Interview with regional person. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. they like if you are an athlete. want competitive people   Answer Question

Clinical Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Had a panel interview over a 2 days period, one came in after the other asking questions to see if you are a good fit. They were very informal, you meet with each person on the team. Recruiters, business office, supervisors, Financial and billing people, and the administrative officer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you easily offended? Do you take racial jokes seriously?   View Answer
    They had a set rate for all jobs, unable to negotiate

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

The hiring and interview process is rather drawn out, I found. I got a call from a recruiter shortly after I submitted an online application. Afterwards, you do an interview with the office manager, a day of office shadowing, and then another interview with a regional manager. Overall the questions weren't terribly difficult - a lot of behavioral questions and backing up your qualifications for the job position.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult... I would say the toughest was "if you were the manager, why would you, hire you"?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Great HR Recruiters to work with, they are responsive and great and amazing recruiting team. Amazing starting to the job, just a bad ending. It took about 3 months to get hired. Great opportunity to learn about the healthcare industry, not a great position to work with. Benefits department is a mess. Don't work for company if you expect any honesty from supervisors.

Very good!

Wellness Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Sent resume after seeing job listing on Indeed.com. Was contacted by HR about a week later for a brief phone screening. Came in for a "clinical interview" a week after the phone screen where they asked a few basic questions and had me fill out paperwork. The process was very laid back and informal.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Was asked about strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

3 Step Interview process. First day is a basic interview. The second day is an interview with someone even higher up. The third day is a couple of hours servicing skills. This day is just making phone calls to potential workers to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Questions like "What has been the toughest moment that you have had to overcome this year?"   Answer Question