Maxim Healthcare Services

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.2

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interviewed on campus then at office. had a few hours got to sit in at office see what average day was like. Interview with regional person. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. they like if you are an athlete. want competitive people   Answer Question

Clinical Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Had a panel interview over a 2 days period, one came in after the other asking questions to see if you are a good fit. They were very informal, you meet with each person on the team. Recruiters, business office, supervisors, Financial and billing people, and the administrative officer.

Interview Questions
    • Are you easily offended? Do you take racial jokes seriously?   View Answer
    They had a set rate for all jobs, unable to negotiate

HomeHealthcare Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in October 2014.

After filling in an online application, I was called by a recruiter to set up a time to meet with the Dallas office recruiting staff. I was mainly interested in Flu Clinic work, but they wanted to also talk about offers for home health. I was given an interview time of 10, but actually, they start at 19 that day, it was not a set appointment, which was really good as I had a bit of time finding the office. I brought the application that was sent to me (it has several pages so fill it out before you go) along. I met two recruiters who were very kind, and also the person over nursing skills. I found out that a lot of what they do in home health has to do with children, especially those on ventilators. They have private duty nursing (paid hourly) and home health visits (paid per visit). The times I was available did not fit in with the needs that they had, so it was not a fit for either party. However, I learned that they do offer in house training, as well as videos that need to be watched before beginning visits.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need to have on hand if you are taking care of a trach patient?   Answer Question

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

The hiring and interview process is rather drawn out, I found. I got a call from a recruiter shortly after I submitted an online application. Afterwards, you do an interview with the office manager, a day of office shadowing, and then another interview with a regional manager. Overall the questions weren't terribly difficult - a lot of behavioral questions and backing up your qualifications for the job position.

Interview Questions
    • None were particularly difficult... I would say the toughest was "if you were the manager, why would you, hire you"?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Great HR Recruiters to work with, they are responsive and great and amazing recruiting team. Amazing starting to the job, just a bad ending. It took about 3 months to get hired. Great opportunity to learn about the healthcare industry, not a great position to work with. Benefits department is a mess. Don't work for company if you expect any honesty from supervisors.

Very good!

Wellness Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Sent resume after seeing job listing on Indeed.com. Was contacted by HR about a week later for a brief phone screening. Came in for a "clinical interview" a week after the phone screen where they asked a few basic questions and had me fill out paperwork. The process was very laid back and informal.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Was asked about strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

3 Step Interview process. First day is a basic interview. The second day is an interview with someone even higher up. The third day is a couple of hours servicing skills. This day is just making phone calls to potential workers to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Questions like "What has been the toughest moment that you have had to overcome this year?"   Answer Question

Flu Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in August 2014.

Found a job posting for Flu Nurses on Craigslist and emailed resume per job posting instructions, but was not contacted for an interview until I called the facility inquiring about the job. This was in the span of one week. Our interview was set up for that same week and I was told that I would be interviewed by the recruiter and the Director of Clinical Services. When I arrived at the office I was not "interviewed" but rather given general information about the job and position. I also did not meet the Director. The entire interview only took less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    Hourly wage was not negotiable, I was told immediately that the salary would be $17/hr.

RN HOME CARE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in July 2014.

Very good experience. Trained me quickly and got to work. Met several staff members and found out very quickly whether I had to offer. They were in a hurry to get me in the field and helped me to recert for CPR etc. Very friendly and answered all my questions. Was very relaxed and I felt valued.

Didn't need to

Cash Disbursements Interview

Very long interview process, had to meet with many mid level managers, seemed to be more of an opportunity for some of them to vent instead of interviewing. Felt a tension in the overall atmosphere

Interview Questions
    • If an employee is consitstently late, what would you do?   View Answer