Maxim Healthcare Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.3

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bingham Farms, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Bingham Farms, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Had a half hour phone interview with a corporate recruiter, went over a lot of the basics of the positions which was very helpful. After he gave me the contact information of a branch office Account Manager who called me to set up a 1 on 1 interview with him. The account manager asked me a lot of the same questions, so I don't know if the corporate recruiter and him had communicated about the results at all. Very personalized information and questions, you could tell the account manager cared as much about your personality and fit for the company as he did about filling the position.

Interview Questions

• Why would we hire you over the other applicants who applied?   Answer Question

Director of Clinical Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Thorough interview and application process
     Interested in experience and where I saw myself down the road. Information about company and career path, work environment, required education and continuing education. Very informative, pleasant and warm reception

Dental Hygienist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Poor and unorganized sent me for an interview that did not exist! Then told me job was taken. Then several weeks later was sent to another where I got the job.

Negotiation

There was none.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

I had an initial interview over the phone with a recruiter. She was super nice and helpful, it was no big deal. We went over my resume and she told me about the company. Then I was brought in to a room with two people for a face to face interview, the second person being the lead recruiter. They will ask you what you know about the company, so do your research. They then invited me to schedule a time to do a pit sit. They said they would get in contact with me towards the end of the week. I didn't hear from them until the next week.I then did a pit sit which was easy, I think they wanted to see how you got along with the other recruiters. I was there for over three hours and ran out of questions to ask as I was shadowing around an hour in. About two hours in the guy that interviewed me told me he was watching me told me he would like to see me ask more questions. I was told after the pit sit that I would be contacted within a week. The second week rolls around and I still hadn't heard anything so I called back and told them I was still interested. They said they would call me at the end of that week. End of the week rolls around and i hear nothing again. By this point in time I should have DECLINED anything else, this should have been my signal to RUN and RUN FAST!. I didn't hear anything until that next week and they called and said they would like me to interview for another position, a new position they just added to their company. I got excited and did another in face interview. This one was with another person and was a little more in depth, and then they wanted ANOTHER PIT SIT!!!!! I did another long pit sit (this one felt even longer than the other one), with a different group this time. I felt that both of them went great.I was then told about an over the phone interview and then a social that I would be doing. I was told I would be contacted to do these by the end of the week. End of the week rolls around, and nothing. Then I called monday and was told they would get back to me by the end of the week. STILL heard nothing. Finally I said forget it and told myself even if i got offered a position I would most likely decline. I didn't get a call until two weeks later and they turned me down nicely. This wasn't just a lack of communication, this was a lack of promise and respect. I don't recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked very few questions, they like you to ask the questions   Answer Question

Home Health Aide-STNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Interview was fairly quick and easy. Was hired on the spot and started work within two weeks. Staff was all very friendly and took the time to really listen to what I had to say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me less than I was willing to take but came during the interview and offered me more.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

People were very nice.simple questions. too much paperwork job offered pay was an insult to someone with 15years experience in the field. Overall it would have been a nice place to work but pay scales should reflect experience

Interview Questions

• what was a bad experience at your last job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

A recruiter called and we discussed initial qualifications. I went in for two in-person interviews in their LA office. The recruiter was friendly. I also interviewed with another manager later, who I didn't feel a connection with. It was too much of a one way talk where he asked the questions and I answered them. Very disengaged interviewer. The best thing about their interview process was their efficiency and quick feedback. They always got back to you the next business day regarding the next step whether you got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions during the interview, just be prepared to speak about your experiences. They were mostly behavioral and situational questions, but he had a long list and I felt he even rephrased certain questions just to extend the length of the interview. It was very tedious given the interviewer didn't talk much during the interview.   Answer Question

RN HOME CARE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Peoria, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I'm always very nervous at interviews especially when I have to interview with several people and try to remember who everyone is and their title. It was not that way for this job. It helped a lot that I had met two of the staff members already and gone over a lot of information ahead of time. Everyone made me feel comfortable and relaxed and that was so nice for a change.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work for them. It seems like everyone will ask that question.   1 Answer

Clinical Supervisor RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Applied online via a posting on their website. Was contacted within the next 2 weeks by their Administrative Officer to set up my interview. Typically the interviews for this position are as follows: interview with the Director of Clinical Services (explains the job), followed by an interview with the Adminisitrative Officer (last question: salary). Both interviewers asked mostly situational type questions, like, "Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation between 2 nurses", etc.

Was called 2-3 weeks later and offered the job, and signed my official offer letter within 1-2 weeks following.

Interview Questions

• None. Google situation background interview questions for nurses and those are pretty similar. Practice your answers for those and be confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate a higher salary. You will work more than 40+ hours some weeks, and without a union to support you, you have to speak for yourself.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

After I contacted them and let them know my skill set, they had me to come in (wasn't computerized then) and take a series of tests and of course, the backgrounds. The interview was almost non-existent. It was very casual. They specified what places they had needs. I took a picture for my ID and got time cards. After that I pretty much waited for them to call me and let me know that my paperwork had come back ok. I started accepting per diem assignments then.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I was never taught to. In hind sight I would negotiate salary.