Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Maxim Healthcare Services
- Healthcare Recruiter (41)
- Recruiter (15)
- LPN- Private Duty (9)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (9)
- Personnel Coordinator (7)
- Registered Nurse (7)
- Lpn (6)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- RN HOME CARE (4)
- LVN (4)
- Reimbursement Specialist (3)
- Wellness Nurse (3)
- Maxim Healthcare Recruiter (3)
- RN At Maxim (2)
- Clinical Supervisor RN (2)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (2)
- Habilitation Technician (2)
- Service Coordinator (2)
- CNA (2)
- Direct Care Worker (2)
- Director of Clinical Services (2)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (2)
- RN (2)
- Clinical Supervisor (2)
- Case Manager (2)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Specialist (1)
- Medical Records Clerk (1)
- Medical Technologist (1)
- IS Manager (1)
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
Poor and unorganized sent me for an interview that did not exist! Then told me job was taken. Then several weeks later was sent to another where I got the job.
There was none.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
Interview was fairly quick and easy. Was hired on the spot and started work within two weeks. Staff was all very friendly and took the time to really listen to what I had to say.
- Whats your biggest weakness. Answer Question
They offered me less than I was willing to take but came during the interview and offered me more.
Helpful (1)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2015.
People were very nice.simple questions. too much paperwork job offered pay was an insult to someone with 15years experience in the field. Overall it would have been a nice place to work but pay scales should reflect experience
- what was a bad experience at your last job and how did you handle it? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
A recruiter called and we discussed initial qualifications. I went in for two in-person interviews in their LA office. The recruiter was friendly. I also interviewed with another manager later, who I didn't feel a connection with. It was too much of a one way talk where he asked the questions and I answered them. Very disengaged interviewer. The best thing about their interview process was their efficiency and quick feedback. They always got back to you the next business day regarding the next step whether you got the position or not.
- There weren't any difficult questions during the interview, just be prepared to speak about your experiences. They were mostly behavioral and situational questions, but he had a long list and I felt he even rephrased certain questions just to extend the length of the interview. It was very tedious given the interviewer didn't talk much during the interview. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Peoria, IL) in December 2014.
I'm always very nervous at interviews especially when I have to interview with several people and try to remember who everyone is and their title. It was not that way for this job. It helped a lot that I had met two of the staff members already and gone over a lot of information ahead of time. Everyone made me feel comfortable and relaxed and that was so nice for a change.
- What made me want to work for them. It seems like everyone will ask that question. 1 Answer
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
Applied online via a posting on their website. Was contacted within the next 2 weeks by their Administrative Officer to set up my interview. Typically the interviews for this position are as follows: interview with the Director of Clinical Services (explains the job), followed by an interview with the Adminisitrative Officer (last question: salary). Both interviewers asked mostly situational type questions, like, "Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation between 2 nurses", etc. Was called 2-3 weeks later and offered the job, and signed my official offer letter within 1-2 weeks following.
- None. Google situation background interview questions for nurses and those are pretty similar. Practice your answers for those and be confident. Answer Question
Always negotiate a higher salary. You will work more than 40+ hours some weeks, and without a union to support you, you have to speak for yourself.
- Accepted Offer
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
After I contacted them and let them know my skill set, they had me to come in (wasn't computerized then) and take a series of tests and of course, the backgrounds. The interview was almost non-existent. It was very casual. They specified what places they had needs. I took a picture for my ID and got time cards. After that I pretty much waited for them to call me and let me know that my paperwork had come back ok. I started accepting per diem assignments then.
I didn't negotiate because I was never taught to. In hind sight I would negotiate salary.
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
They strung me along for months waiting to hear whether I got the position. I went in for an interview they had me come back for a job shadow. Then they were looking at me for another position they thought I would be a better fit and then I did an interview and job shadow. I went in four different times and if anything I was over qualified. They gave the position to a previous employee that apparently came back to work for them. The boss said he would touch base with me week after week and I always had to call him a day after he said he would call me and we would play phone tag for a day or two. I was not impressed at all
- They will ask what questions you have for them. They are big on questions because it shows interest. Also do your research before the interview, they will ask what you know about the company. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.
An initial call where the interviewer sets up a phone interview and tells you to study up on company culture & job description. Then passes your information onto a manager who determines whether or not to interview for the next round. After this, there is a sit in and then finally an interview with the vice president in the final round.
- Standard questions about weaknesses, strengths, and why you want to join this company. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.
the second interview I had was only 20 minutes after the interviewer spent about 10 minutes looking for my file. first applied online and have 2 other in person interviews plus getting a TB test and drug test done that I passed without problems
have had 3 interviews and now must do some online inservice before getting an assignment for this agency
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Maxim Healthcare Services Employees Are Saying
Pros: “The patients are awesome. I have enjoyed working with every single patient I had. Unfortunately, this is the only pro for this company.”“The patients are awesome. I have enjoyed working with every single patient I had. Unfortunately, this is the only pro for this company.” – Full Review