Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Maxim Healthcare Services
- Healthcare Recruiter (40)
- Recruiter (13)
- LPN- Private Duty (9)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (8)
- Personnel Coordinator (6)
- Registered Nurse (6)
- Lpn (6)
- Administrative Assistant (4)
- RN HOME CARE (3)
- Reimbursement Specialist (3)
- Wellness Nurse (3)
- Clinical Supervisor RN (2)
- Maxim Healthcare Recruiter (2)
- CNA (2)
- Service Coordinator (2)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (2)
- Direct Care Worker (2)
- Director of Clinical Services (2)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (2)
- LVN (2)
- Clinical Supervisor (2)
- Case Manager (2)
- Marketing (1)
- Marketing Specialist (1)
- Medical Records Clerk (1)
- Medical Technologist (1)
- IS Manager (1)
- Staff RN (1)
- Home Care Aide (1)
- Flu Nurse (1)
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
They strung me along for months waiting to hear whether I got the position. I went in for an interview they had me come back for a job shadow. Then they were looking at me for another position they thought I would be a better fit and then I did an interview and job shadow. I went in four different times and if anything I was over qualified. They gave the position to a previous employee that apparently came back to work for them. The boss said he would touch base with me week after week and I always had to call him a day after he said he would call me and we would play phone tag for a day or two. I was not impressed at all
- They will ask what questions you have for them. They are big on questions because it shows interest. Also do your research before the interview, they will ask what you know about the company. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.
An initial call where the interviewer sets up a phone interview and tells you to study up on company culture & job description. Then passes your information onto a manager who determines whether or not to interview for the next round. After this, there is a sit in and then finally an interview with the vice president in the final round.
- Standard questions about weaknesses, strengths, and why you want to join this company. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.
the second interview I had was only 20 minutes after the interviewer spent about 10 minutes looking for my file. first applied online and have 2 other in person interviews plus getting a TB test and drug test done that I passed without problems
have had 3 interviews and now must do some online inservice before getting an assignment for this agency
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
Interviewed on campus then at office. had a few hours got to sit in at office see what average day was like. Interview with regional person. Pretty easy.
- nothing unexpected. they like if you are an athlete. want competitive people Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
Had a panel interview over a 2 days period, one came in after the other asking questions to see if you are a good fit. They were very informal, you meet with each person on the team. Recruiters, business office, supervisors, Financial and billing people, and the administrative officer.
- Are you easily offended? Do you take racial jokes seriously? 1 Answer
They had a set rate for all jobs, unable to negotiate
Helpful (4)Declined OfferEasy Interview
The hiring and interview process is rather drawn out, I found. I got a call from a recruiter shortly after I submitted an online application. Afterwards, you do an interview with the office manager, a day of office shadowing, and then another interview with a regional manager. Overall the questions weren't terribly difficult - a lot of behavioral questions and backing up your qualifications for the job position.
- None were particularly difficult... I would say the toughest was "if you were the manager, why would you, hire you"? Answer Question
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in October 2014.
After filling in an online application, I was called by a recruiter to set up a time to meet with the Dallas office recruiting staff. I was mainly interested in Flu Clinic work, but they wanted to also talk about offers for home health. I was given an interview time of 10, but actually, they start at 19 that day, it was not a set appointment, which was really good as I had a bit of time finding the office. I brought the application that was sent to me (it has several pages so fill it out before you go) along. I met two recruiters who were very kind, and also the person over nursing skills. I found out that a lot of what they do in home health has to do with children, especially those on ventilators. They have private duty nursing (paid hourly) and home health visits (paid per visit). The times I was available did not fit in with the needs that they had, so it was not a fit for either party. However, I learned that they do offer in house training, as well as videos that need to be watched before beginning visits.
- What do you need to have on hand if you are taking care of a trach patient? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
Great HR Recruiters to work with, they are responsive and great and amazing recruiting team. Amazing starting to the job, just a bad ending. It took about 3 months to get hired. Great opportunity to learn about the healthcare industry, not a great position to work with. Benefits department is a mess. Don't work for company if you expect any honesty from supervisors.
- How would you describe yourself? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.
Sent resume after seeing job listing on Indeed.com. Was contacted by HR about a week later for a brief phone screening. Came in for a "clinical interview" a week after the phone screen where they asked a few basic questions and had me fill out paperwork. The process was very laid back and informal.
- No difficult questions. Was asked about strengths and weaknesses. Answer Question
No salary negotiation.
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Los Angeles, CA).
3 Step Interview process. First day is a basic interview. The second day is an interview with someone even higher up. The third day is a couple of hours servicing skills. This day is just making phone calls to potential workers to schedule interviews.
- Situational Questions like "What has been the toughest moment that you have had to overcome this year?" Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review