Maxim Healthcare Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

They strung me along for months waiting to hear whether I got the position. I went in for an interview they had me come back for a job shadow. Then they were looking at me for another position they thought I would be a better fit and then I did an interview and job shadow. I went in four different times and if anything I was over qualified. They gave the position to a previous employee that apparently came back to work for them. The boss said he would touch base with me week after week and I always had to call him a day after he said he would call me and we would play phone tag for a day or two. I was not impressed at all

Interview Questions

• They will ask what questions you have for them. They are big on questions because it shows interest. Also do your research before the interview, they will ask what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.

Interview

An initial call where the interviewer sets up a phone interview and tells you to study up on company culture & job description. Then passes your information onto a manager who determines whether or not to interview for the next round. After this, there is a sit in and then finally an interview with the vice president in the final round.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about weaknesses, strengths, and why you want to join this company.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in November 2014.

Interview

the second interview I had was only 20 minutes after the interviewer spent about 10 minutes looking for my file. first applied online and have 2 other in person interviews plus getting a TB test and drug test done that I passed without problems

Negotiation

have had 3 interviews and now must do some online inservice before getting an assignment for this agency

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then at office. had a few hours got to sit in at office see what average day was like. Interview with regional person. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected. they like if you are an athlete. want competitive people   Answer Question

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Had a panel interview over a 2 days period, one came in after the other asking questions to see if you are a good fit. They were very informal, you meet with each person on the team. Recruiters, business office, supervisors, Financial and billing people, and the administrative officer.

Interview Questions

• Are you easily offended? Do you take racial jokes seriously?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a set rate for all jobs, unable to negotiate

Interview

The hiring and interview process is rather drawn out, I found. I got a call from a recruiter shortly after I submitted an online application. Afterwards, you do an interview with the office manager, a day of office shadowing, and then another interview with a regional manager. Overall the questions weren't terribly difficult - a lot of behavioral questions and backing up your qualifications for the job position.

Interview Questions

• None were particularly difficult... I would say the toughest was "if you were the manager, why would you, hire you"?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in October 2014.

Interview

After filling in an online application, I was called by a recruiter to set up a time to meet with the Dallas office recruiting staff. I was mainly interested in Flu Clinic work, but they wanted to also talk about offers for home health. I was given an interview time of 10, but actually, they start at 19 that day, it was not a set appointment, which was really good as I had a bit of time finding the office. I brought the application that was sent to me (it has several pages so fill it out before you go) along. I met two recruiters who were very kind, and also the person over nursing skills. I found out that a lot of what they do in home health has to do with children, especially those on ventilators. They have private duty nursing (paid hourly) and home health visits (paid per visit). The times I was available did not fit in with the needs that they had, so it was not a fit for either party. However, I learned that they do offer in house training, as well as videos that need to be watched before beginning visits.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to have on hand if you are taking care of a trach patient?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Great HR Recruiters to work with, they are responsive and great and amazing recruiting team. Amazing starting to the job, just a bad ending. It took about 3 months to get hired. Great opportunity to learn about the healthcare industry, not a great position to work with. Benefits department is a mess. Don't work for company if you expect any honesty from supervisors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good!

Wellness Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview

Sent resume after seeing job listing on Indeed.com. Was contacted by HR about a week later for a brief phone screening. Came in for a "clinical interview" a week after the phone screen where they asked a few basic questions and had me fill out paperwork. The process was very laid back and informal.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Was asked about strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

3 Step Interview process. First day is a basic interview. The second day is an interview with someone even higher up. The third day is a couple of hours servicing skills. This day is just making phone calls to potential workers to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions

• Situational Questions like "What has been the toughest moment that you have had to overcome this year?"   Answer Question