Maxim Healthcare Services

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.2

Learning & Development Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2014.

They responded initially by email very quickly and set up a phone interview/screening. The talent recruiter was professional, upbeat and thorough. She provided an excellent overview of the position. That led to an in-person interview, which was also very professional and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult situation you've ever had to handle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2014.

My hiring and interview process is ridiculously long and drawn out. I began my journey with a phone call from the regional recruiter (I believe). He just gave me a rundown of some of the job responsiblities and duties, as well as company history. This call took about an hour and a half.

The next week I received a call from the local office manager to inform me he would like to schedule me for an interview. I came in later that week for my initial interview, which took about 2-3 hours. The office manager came in and spoke to me about all the info I went over with the regional recruiter. Then he asked me about 3 pages worth of typed questions.

The following week, I came in for what they called a pit sit. Its pretty much just shadowing current employees and seeing their day to day experience. I meet all the employees in the office, they came in to introduce themselves and ask questions. Later I took phone calls as if I was an employee. My first call turned out to be a "prank", it was just an office member pretending to be a nurse looking for work. I handled it well, as anyone who is capable of working there should be able to do. This took about half of a work day.

The next week, the office manager called me up to write him a letter stating why I feel I should get the job. Now Im playing the waiting game. I called back to check on the status of the process and was I told they were still reviewing applicants for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just the number of questions was overkill. In my opinion..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in May 2014.

Had an initial phone interview then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Pretty basic, about an hour long with one hiring manager (another guy sat in but didn't say much). Talked about the position and asked basic questions about my background. Got a call to come in for a "half day" where you meet and talk to everyone that works there and learn about all the positions. This was helpful because I got to sit in with just the three current recruiters and ask them anything.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Regional and local office managers/Recruiters- clearly don't take the time the bring each other up to date on the progress and conversations had with potential candidates. They tell you the same thing multiple times. I would expect to hear it again when I speak with the office manager.

Leadership Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in April 2014.

I interviewed with two of their senior female executives whom both lacked knowledge and skills when it comes to doing leadership development. They were more concerned with someone being submissive to their attitudes and beliefs than challenging them. Their lead recruiter was highly unresponsive and the fact that I got such generic emails as to why I was not selected was infuriating. Telling someone who ran their own leadership developing consulting firm that they lack experience is really an insult to someone's professionalism.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in April 2014.

Pretty straightforward. 3 interview process, 2 of which were over the phone. The last one is a "pit sit" which is basically your introduction to the office and your future colleagues

Interview Questions
    • none...My accounts manager believed in a more genuine approach to the process   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Quick to hire anyone just to fill positions. Information packets, hours of on line in services without pay, and quick run through of a skills checklist with old equipment (some missing pieces). Review your nursing skills on U Tube! Given time the staff nurses learn that EVERYTHING is dictated by your relationship with the recruiters!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just tell them you are a nurse and you will be hired. There was an unexpected 2-3 page pharmacology exam and other tests packets handed out prior a quick 5 minute interview at the time.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, but I needed a job. Calling in to recruiters (who have since been fired) for initial assignments was unprofessional! No one knew what the other was doing. I was put off numerous times after spending hours completing on line classes plus corporate culture videos. Was sent on assignments where the family made it clear to me within the initial few minutes after introducing myself, that they have already been through 8-12 nurses! Information regarding family dynamics would better prepare a nurse.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Interview went well. Had to drive an hour and a half to get training for a week. No one in the office knew about the position so they could not assist, not even the manager. The recruiters ran the office. Person previously in my position left and did not leave any directions and the office was in chaos.

No negotiations

LPN- Private Duty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services.

Very thorough and lengthy background check process. A lot of online orientation classes prior to being placed with a client.

New grad--not much to negotiate. I needed a job and they gave me one. But since then I have received pay increase after 1st year. If you want the pay raise you must be willing to pick up extra assignments and learn new clinical skills.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim Healthcare Services in March 2014.

The application process was a long and tedious one. I had to continually follow up with the recruiter to make sure he had received my documentation. But once you get in for the interview, the job is pretty much yours.

Interview Questions
    • If a client asked you to give them a ride in your personal vehicle, in exchange for a shortened shift how would youb handle that?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations.