Maxim Integrated Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.2

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

i was hired as Test Product engineering but around 2008, i was pick to do process engineering task

Interview Questions

• i was asked about op-amp which i haven't reviewed for 2 years since i graduated from my degree   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was thru phone conversation...

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Onsite interview took 30 min. The manager asked me 4-5 questions about the Vout waveform in the schematic consisted of the opamp with transistors or diodes.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by face to face meeting with two of the managers. The managers were easygoing and kept the conversation going with questions that were simple enough to answer. Overall, they were pretty informative; they discussed the company and their personal experience working for Maxim. It seemed as though they were interested in me by the end of the interview but later on I was let down.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Fully technical interview, starting RLC circuits, op amps, Shmidt trigger, down to MOS fabrication.

Senior PE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got 3 phone interviews each at different days and lasted about 45-60min each. Phone interviewers were at different locations. That included the hiring manager also. They were all technical with pen and paper. After 2 weeks got onsite and which was very very hectic as the panel was 10 people each 45 min. Some of the people in panel were very tough to talk to as they sounded discouraging than welcoming. During onsite, I was tested for unexpected skills which were not specified in job description or during phone interviews. Rather I was given wrong confidence that my skillset is exactly what they looking for. Disappointing, to waste sometime.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join Maxim as the work environment is challenging and hectic.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Portland, OR).

Interview

There was a telephonic interview mainly involving discussion on past experience, area of expertise, interest in the position and some behavioral questions like how will you handle a pressure situation etc. next round was an on site interview. It was half a day and involved 4-5 interviews. 4 of them were technical and the last one was meeting with the Managing director of the site which was mostly like a formality. One was a lunch discussion with one of the managers. I was surprised to know that he was going to quiz me with couple of questions on technical stuff during lunch. So be prepared for that. My manager met me at the end of the interview and indirectly told me that I was going to be selected. I was asked to get my medical tests done the same day.

Interview Questions

• Several difficult questions on technicalities of operation of several machines. Some worst case scenarios were given and I was asked how I would troubleshoot them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a 10% increase in base salary. Negotiation was pretty straightforward. I quoted a couple of examples of peers working in similar companies. He said he would think about it and got back after a day with the upped offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

make a presentation on your previous research work. Also prepare on some optional topics including etching, quality control, SPC, etc. The interview people are friendly but the entire process are not well organized.

Interview Questions

• not much technical part. Will ask you about the function of ARC layer and the material used.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Meet with multiple engineers, standard interview process. Asked good questions, starting off with the basics and increasing in complexity and difficulty. Interview was fair adna bout industry standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation they ask what your current compensation is, be prepared to show pay slips if offered a position. Then they come up with a package and its pretty much thats it.

Power/Analog IC Interview

Interview

One on campus interview and then on site interview. All analog and power technical questions.

Interview Questions

• physical model of transister, very detailed equation about that.   Answer Question

Wafer Fabrication Tech IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Phone interview, walk around the facility, simple math test