Maxim Integrated Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.2

Process Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter to HR recruiting on campus. Then I got a phone interview from the hiring manager. He asked about my resume and my skill sets. I got the offer at the end of the phone interview. It was a very fast process !

Interview Questions

• All questions are pretty straightforward. If you did what you wrote on your resume, you would be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary but I had a flexible starting date if I did not want to start with all the other interns

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and onsite interview with 6 people.

Negotiation

took about a week of negotiating with HR. Did not budge much on salary requirements.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview which was casual and more to get a feel if I even had the right disposition for the job. Moved on to a one-day interview where I met with 2 supervisors and 2 coworkers. My interview was at 9:30 and I was done by noon. They were very professional and asked good questions. I was impressed at how organized they were. They took 4 weeks from my interview to make an offer, which was nerve wracking, but worth it. Once I was offered a job, I submitted my paperwork and took a drug test the following Monday. I started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some real-life questions about how I might price a second-sourced part.   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

i was hired as Test Product engineering but around 2008, i was pick to do process engineering task

Interview Questions

• i was asked about op-amp which i haven't reviewed for 2 years since i graduated from my degree   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was thru phone conversation...

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Onsite interview took 30 min. The manager asked me 4-5 questions about the Vout waveform in the schematic consisted of the opamp with transistors or diodes.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by face to face meeting with two of the managers. The managers were easygoing and kept the conversation going with questions that were simple enough to answer. Overall, they were pretty informative; they discussed the company and their personal experience working for Maxim. It seemed as though they were interested in me by the end of the interview but later on I was let down.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

Fully technical interview, starting RLC circuits, op amps, Shmidt trigger, down to MOS fabrication.

Senior PE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got 3 phone interviews each at different days and lasted about 45-60min each. Phone interviewers were at different locations. That included the hiring manager also. They were all technical with pen and paper. After 2 weeks got onsite and which was very very hectic as the panel was 10 people each 45 min. Some of the people in panel were very tough to talk to as they sounded discouraging than welcoming. During onsite, I was tested for unexpected skills which were not specified in job description or during phone interviews. Rather I was given wrong confidence that my skillset is exactly what they looking for. Disappointing, to waste sometime.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join Maxim as the work environment is challenging and hectic.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (Portland, OR).

Interview

There was a telephonic interview mainly involving discussion on past experience, area of expertise, interest in the position and some behavioral questions like how will you handle a pressure situation etc. next round was an on site interview. It was half a day and involved 4-5 interviews. 4 of them were technical and the last one was meeting with the Managing director of the site which was mostly like a formality. One was a lunch discussion with one of the managers. I was surprised to know that he was going to quiz me with couple of questions on technical stuff during lunch. So be prepared for that. My manager met me at the end of the interview and indirectly told me that I was going to be selected. I was asked to get my medical tests done the same day.

Interview Questions

• Several difficult questions on technicalities of operation of several machines. Some worst case scenarios were given and I was asked how I would troubleshoot them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a 10% increase in base salary. Negotiation was pretty straightforward. I quoted a couple of examples of peers working in similar companies. He said he would think about it and got back after a day with the upped offer.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

make a presentation on your previous research work. Also prepare on some optional topics including etching, quality control, SPC, etc. The interview people are friendly but the entire process are not well organized.

Interview Questions

• not much technical part. Will ask you about the function of ARC layer and the material used.   Answer Question