Maxim Integrated Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

3.2

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in March 2014.

one round phone interview and one onsite,got positive feedback from every interviewer and declined by Excutive Director,he saids he don't have enough H1b allocations and I know he is lying

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in October 2013.

Interview process was very cordial, I applied online received a email about a month later, emailed a few times was called in for a interviewed, was interviewed by the director of the department in addition to two of the employees. Lasted about two hours total, Very nice interview very polite great over all experience.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult question but asked about past experiences with analytics   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in August 2013.

Onsite interview took 30 min. The manager asked me 4-5 questions about the Vout waveform in the schematic consisted of the opamp with transistors or diodes.

Senior PE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in July 2013.

Got 3 phone interviews each at different days and lasted about 45-60min each. Phone interviewers were at different locations. That included the hiring manager also. They were all technical with pen and paper. After 2 weeks got onsite and which was very very hectic as the panel was 10 people each 45 min. Some of the people in panel were very tough to talk to as they sounded discouraging than welcoming. During onsite, I was tested for unexpected skills which were not specified in job description or during phone interviews. Rather I was given wrong confidence that my skillset is exactly what they looking for. Disappointing, to waste sometime.

Interview Questions
    • why you want to join Maxim as the work environment is challenging and hectic.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in March 2013.

The interview was not difficult. The hiring process is also very fast and simply. I don't have many comments about the hiring and interview process. In short, the hiring and interview process is just as other big companies. But the process time is not long.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Was first hired as a temp worker and then later hired on full time by the company. Had one in-person interview. Interview was relatively quick and relaxed and without any real pressures or difficult questions. Negotiation phase that followed after temp phase went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase that followed after temp phase went smoothly.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in August 2012.

First I got a telephone interview. I talked for about 45 minutes. Got a call back a few days later to go in. I spoke with 4 employees including the senior analyst one after the other. It took 4 hours. I was not happy that they told me they would call me no matter what in the next few weeks. I never got a call until I followed up 3-4 times. I found out that I did not get hired. They could have at least called because they said they were going to.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question regarding cost accounting. Problem was it was so simple that I looked way to much into it.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in June 2012.

The process begins with a phone interview with some general questions about semiconductor device physics. The next step is an on-site interview that consists of 3 consecutive, 30-45 minute, 1:1 interviews with the engineers. You'll be asked about various topics concerning BJT's and MOSFET's, in addition to a few questions about ideal op-amps.

Interview Questions
    • How does temperature affect the conductivity of intrinsic silicon? How does a p-n junction work? How can I increase the switching speed of a transistor?   Answer Question
    • What is CMOS latchup?   Answer Question
    • Draw a non-inverting and inverting amplifier. Assuming the op-amp is ideal, derive the gain.   Answer Question
    • Draw the I-V characteristic for a BJT and a MOSFET. Explain the regions of operation and how the transistors work.   Answer Question
    • Draw the CMOS schematic for an inverter and a 2-input NAND gate. Draw the cross section of a CMOS 2-input NAND gate.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in June 2012.

Initial contact and arranging process was fairly disorganized. Applied online; first contact from manager took 3 months. Received phone call and conducted phone interview, arranged to travel for onsite interview for the following week. Received sporadic email contact (generally positive, verbal indications of intent to hire) for 1.5 more months before offer arrived. Manager wanted start date of 3 weeks from receipt of offer (despite 2 person relocation). Arranged for 1 more month.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what kind of data you generated in your thesis.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated in March 2012.

The staff was very pleasant to deal with. They were quick to respond and were interested in making sure there was a good fit for both myself and the company. The interview was interesting and enjoyable as the interviewers were enthusiastic about their work and asked challenging questions that probed my understanding of device physics and various types of semiconductor processing modules.

Interview Questions
    Start high and go lower from there. Use other offers as a benchmark.