Maxim Integrated Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

3.3

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Multiple people interviewed. Drug test seemed odd as I would have expected a more thorough background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth. Bettered my previous compensation package.

Application Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Consisted of phone interview that lasted approximately one hour. Interviewer was friendly and asked general questions about resume. He also asked many technical questions which every electrical engineer should know. Interviewer gave a good description about the position being offered as well as what the working environment is like. I was told that I should wait about two weeks for a response but I did not receive any until I followed up and was told position was closed.

Strategic Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

They were very disorganized and had me wait nearly an hour at the beginning. Once the lady who originally had contacted me, she let me know that I would be on four individual 1:1 interviews throughout the day. They all asked the same kinds of questions. They wanted someone to start immediately and I could not, so I was not offered the position. Also, they really want people who know how to code at an intermediate level. I didnt know how to, so I imagine that hurt me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a supply chain in your normal everyday life   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

- You would be interviewed by several people. Most of whom don’t even belong to your area.
    - Hiring process takes around 2 months, which is a lot more than any other Company
    -They would expect you to know everything that is to know.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to join Maxim   1 Answer

Negotiation

- You can negotiate as high as you would like. They would pay you if they need you..

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

A team member asked some technical questions. Then the hiring manager talked to me for half an hour with general questions. After that there was a quiz. Totally took about 3 hours.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I learned about this opportunity through the recruiter. The interviews consisted of two rounds of on-site interviews. All are 1:1 interviews with 6 different people: peers, managers, director and VP finance. The interview questions are quite typical of those big companies. The asked a lot of behavioral questions like tell me the situaion where you encounter difficulties with your business partner... They also asked detailed questions about the processes in my current jobs like how do I approach certain tasks.

The overall experience was neutral. I never heard back about the decision until I contacted the recruiter two weeks after the 2nd round interview. He said they like my skills and attitudes but feel like they need to hire someone with semiconductor manufacturing experience.

Product Definer Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

3 phone screens. The first one was fairly friendly and shallow. The second one was very technical and a bit unexpected. The third one was technical but easy.
    The on site interview was about 7 hours long with 1 or 2 people at a time. It ranged from the technical to the behavioral and personality check.
    As expected, when I asked questions about the company, the replies consisted of very rosy picture ( a bit far from reality).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a better salary and sign up bonus. Should have also negotiated a better vacation schedule.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

recruiter called and I just gave it a taste of the job market. The phone screening is really tough then followed by the on site one. The inteviewer are nice but the questions are highly technical and I think I did so so since you can not be too technical on every field that they asked.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

We try to develop challenging technical questions to see the real problem solving skills of the candidate.

Negotiation

I didn't do much negotiating.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Maxim Integrated (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2007.

Interview

I interviewed with about 8 people. Apparently they usually have you meet even more people, but some were out of town this week so I got off "easy." If they like me I go back for another round of interviews with the remaining people. All in all it was an impressive way to do it, since there was time to think of and ask every conceivable question about the position. By the end of it, I really felt like I understood what they were looking for.

Everyone had their own distinctive questioning styles. I noticed that the more senior people asked more casual, open-ended questions and questions about subjects not directly related to the position. The people on my level asked questions the same way I tended to: formal, wordy, and a bit stiff.