Maxim Integrated Test Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Fully technical interview, starting RLC circuits, op amps, Shmidt trigger, down to MOS fabrication.

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Integrated

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Talk with the head engineer, then interview with three younger engineers. All asked technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • study basic circuit theory book, op amp, capacitor, inductor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

After receiving my resume through a common contact, I was requested for an interview from Maxim Integrated. I drove to Phoenix area for the interview.

The process began with a tour of the facility, and a demonstration of the equipment I would work with (coding, circuit interface design, test microchips for cell phones). Afterwards, I interviewed with 4 people, each were Electrical Engineers. 3 were fellow workers, 1 was manager.

Questions:
    -Given a schematic of a Boost Converter, explain its operation for various switch positions.
    -Talked through methods to mitigate test lead resistance when measuring small currents.
    -What is your favorite electrical component?

Interview Questions
    • Talk through the effects of line inductance/capacitance effects on an oscilloscope display for a high frequency square wave.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Maxim Integrated in April 2010.

they set up phone interview and during phone interview they send me list o question . its basically rc network and u have to explain its waveform.

Interview Questions
    • explain waveform of rc network where o/p is taken at C   View Answer
    • explain waveform across R   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Integrated in March 2011.

The interview process started out with the manager of the test-team over the phone for about 30 minutes. I was then called in for the usual 8-hour in-person interview. It started out in a conference room with about 8 people randomly shouting out questions about my background. Afterward, I had a 1:1 with each person throughout the rest of the day. They each asked very technical questions (that I had not seen since college), and I also noticed - like another reviewer said - that the younger people were more harsh in their questions than the older people.

Eight days later, I received an e-mail that stated only this:
    "Thank you for taking time last week to talk to me and my group. After careful consideration, I am unable to extend an offer of employment."

I have since then responded to the e-mail, asking for tips/improvements for my next interview; however, I still have not heard back. It's very disappointing to waste 9 hours out of my day for a one-line e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • Various electrical engineering questions: op-amps, Fourier Transforms, complex resistor simplifications, Thevenin equivalents   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dasmariñas, Province of Cavite (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dasmariñas, Province of Cavite (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

The interview is very technical. For a fresh grad, expect a written exam. Questions are more of problem solving. Ohms Law, R, C, Diodes, transistors, opamp ckt analysis. Expect the interviewer to ask questions from the exam, they might tweak some of them by changing components and you need to explain how will the ckt behave.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing much. If you have strong fundamentals on electronics analog/mixed signal you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    As a fresh grad back then, I accepted the offer. They gave me some stock options. But now, I think they do not offer anymore.

Test Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Maxim Integrated in December 2010.

Was an intern and they offered me a full time job

Worked for Maxim Integrated? Contribute to the Community!