Maxim Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.3

Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim in March 2015.

Applied online, got a response back maybe 2 weeks later. Nice enough recruiter. Asked about previous experience and career goals. At least it sounded like office staff was engaged and content.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Maxim.

Initial interview was with 3 or 4 different people, I believe each working in different departments, that interviewed me separately. The first person I spoke with asked me questions that were related to my background and skill sets. He then asked some technical questions and gave me a couple of basic circuit problems to solve. After him, the other interviewers each asked only technical questions that tested my knowledge of the basic electronic principles related to the work they did in their respective positions. I'm assuming they wanted to assess my skills to see in which of their product divisions I would best fit in.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim in February 2015.

I was contacted by an agency at first and had a brief phone interview with them. Then I had the interview at the client office with the hiring manager. The interview was very relaxed and casual. More like a conversation than a point for point interview. There was a mix of interview questions/job description with talks about hobbies, video games, technology, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How did my multiple contract assignments prepare me for this job?   View Answer
    I negotiated with the recruiter, telling her what I was looking for in a beginning wage and starting salary, and that I was willing to start with less if it meant more later, which ended up happening. However, I was able to increase my starting wage from the initial offer.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Maxim in February 2015.

It was short, simple and thorough. The interviewer was very professional and asked questions that were not overbearing. The questionnaire was pretty straightforward. If there are any questions about the application , there is always someone to answer. The application forms were a lot but that is pretty normal. Overall, it was a good experience

Interview Questions
    • Why I want to work in the nursing field   View Answer

Web Editorial Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Maxim.

I interviewed for a web editorial position and it was a very relaxed and straightforward interview. The interviewer was professional and friendly; didn't feel like I had to mask any of my answers. Overall, I enjoyed the interview and they seemed very accommodating to my schedule as I went to school full-time. I received a nice response not too long following the interview, but I had to decline as I accepted another offer. I would have liked to take the position if offered first.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Maxim in July 2009.

Landed an interview through an online recruiting site. First round consisted of meeting senior managers and directors on the marketing team (total of 3 employees). Second round there was a mock assignment in which I had to put together a marketing proposal based on specific campaign objectives and budgets for a typical male-oriented advertiser.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that took me by surprise or were too challenging to answer. They mostly wanted to know about my experience in the business as well as specific examples of proposals or projects that I had successfully managed. Future interviewees should absolutely bring a portfolio with them as a show piece.   Answer Question
    No negotiating here as there was no wiggle room in the base salary offer (no bonuses are offered here at this level).

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Maxim.

Unprofessional doesnt begin to describe my experience with this place. I was contacted by a person writing from the email address of "intern" who literally never signed their emails. No name, nothing. I got a bad vibe but I stuck with it anyway. On to the actual interview-- if you were looking for the post-collegiate frat house, this is your place. If you were looking for some semblence of professionalism, maybe you should pass. Beer can towers stacked 6 feet high, bean bag chairs, nerf footballs and toys in general strewn about and tons of liquor everywhere. The interview was easy although I was asked where I live, where do I go out (why is that relevant?) and what was the last concert I went to (again, relevance?) They are going to send me a homework assignment. Thanks, but no thanks, Maxim.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last concert you went to?   View Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maxim in January 2012.

First one has to apply and submit his CV in the company. Once your CV is short-listed, you will be getting a confirmation call and will be summoned for written test. Post evaluation of your written test, you will be getting a call for Interview. If cleared you will be asked to come for final HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Alpha media, when you are working for a bigger group?   View Answer
    As per my experience with Alpha Media, they are not an easy nut to crack. They do not do much of negotiations. So make sure whatever you have quoted in first interaction, stick to the same.