Maxim Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.3

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Having phone interview and ask how to do forecast. But the phone line just keep on and off so it's hard to hear the question its a good experience. The hiring manager is very experience but I think she is using her cell phone so signal is very poor

Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a response back maybe 2 weeks later. Nice enough recruiter. Asked about previous experience and career goals. At least it sounded like office staff was engaged and content.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial interview was with 3 or 4 different people, I believe each working in different departments, that interviewed me separately. The first person I spoke with asked me questions that were related to my background and skill sets. He then asked some technical questions and gave me a couple of basic circuit problems to solve. After him, the other interviewers each asked only technical questions that tested my knowledge of the basic electronic principles related to the work they did in their respective positions. I'm assuming they wanted to assess my skills to see in which of their product divisions I would best fit in.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency at first and had a brief phone interview with them. Then I had the interview at the client office with the hiring manager. The interview was very relaxed and casual. More like a conversation than a point for point interview. There was a mix of interview questions/job description with talks about hobbies, video games, technology, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did my multiple contract assignments prepare me for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated with the recruiter, telling her what I was looking for in a beginning wage and starting salary, and that I was willing to start with less if it meant more later, which ended up happening. However, I was able to increase my starting wage from the initial offer.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maxim (Woodbridge, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was short, simple and thorough. The interviewer was very professional and asked questions that were not overbearing. The questionnaire was pretty straightforward. If there are any questions about the application , there is always someone to answer. The application forms were a lot but that is pretty normal. Overall, it was a good experience

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work in the nursing field   1 Answer

Web Editorial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim.

Interview

I interviewed for a web editorial position and it was a very relaxed and straightforward interview. The interviewer was professional and friendly; didn't feel like I had to mask any of my answers. Overall, I enjoyed the interview and they seemed very accommodating to my schedule as I went to school full-time. I received a nice response not too long following the interview, but I had to decline as I accepted another offer. I would have liked to take the position if offered first.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxim (Flo, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It was very casual. Met with 3 different people within an hour. They just wanted to see who I am to see if I would be able to fit as a member of the team. This company is willing to train and develop new young graduates.

Interview Questions

• There were no specific questions I remember that were asked. Just conversation, seeing if I would fit in with the team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The company has set rates for everything.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxim (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick process, very kind staff, pretty quick to get you started overall 1 month from interview day. Must complete online exams. Also you might have to attend another orientation for other contracts that you may not get paid for.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions why are you working in this field, or why do you want to work with maxim   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maxim (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Landed an interview through an online recruiting site. First round consisted of meeting senior managers and directors on the marketing team (total of 3 employees). Second round there was a mock assignment in which I had to put together a marketing proposal based on specific campaign objectives and budgets for a typical male-oriented advertiser.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that took me by surprise or were too challenging to answer. They mostly wanted to know about my experience in the business as well as specific examples of proposals or projects that I had successfully managed. Future interviewees should absolutely bring a portfolio with them as a show piece.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating here as there was no wiggle room in the base salary offer (no bonuses are offered here at this level).

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxim.

Interview

Unprofessional doesnt begin to describe my experience with this place. I was contacted by a person writing from the email address of "intern" who literally never signed their emails. No name, nothing. I got a bad vibe but I stuck with it anyway. On to the actual interview-- if you were looking for the post-collegiate frat house, this is your place. If you were looking for some semblence of professionalism, maybe you should pass. Beer can towers stacked 6 feet high, bean bag chairs, nerf footballs and toys in general strewn about and tons of liquor everywhere. The interview was easy although I was asked where I live, where do I go out (why is that relevant?) and what was the last concert I went to (again, relevance?) They are going to send me a homework assignment. Thanks, but no thanks, Maxim.

Interview Questions

• What was the last concert you went to?   1 Answer