Maxpoint Interactive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxpoint Interactive in May 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Maxpoint Interactive twice (once in 2011 another in 2014). You can definitely see the great improvement with the interview process and the company. In 2011 I applied for the position and came in for an in-person interview with three executives. I was asked basic questions about my background and working style. The process took about a week and in the end I was not offered a position.

In 2014 I saw that the company had grown in a positive way. A recruiter reached out to me about applying for a position. The interview process was very straight forward and very accommodating. I began with a brief phone screening to discuss my background and to learn more about what Maxpoint had to offer. I was then offered to come in for an in-person interview with three supervisors on the Account Management team. This took an hour and I had a chance to learn more about the culture, and the duties required for the Account Management role.

Someone quickly followed up with me within 48 hours to come in for a third and final interview. I was going to be out of town, but they were more than willing to work around my schedule. The final interview lasted approximately three hours. I met with two Account management team members, Skyped in with two Account Management supervisors, and a final meeting with the Director of Account Management. All of the questions were straight forward and everyone was very open to answering all of my questions. A small project was included in the interview process to give you a taste of the type of work and skills needed for the job -- which was really great.

In the end I received an offer and accepted. The company culture, and benefits are great as well!

Interview Question – Be prepared to speak truthfully about your work style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer, with benefits, exceeded my expectations so there was no need for negotiation.

Senior Manager - Finance Interview

Senior Manager - Finance
Morrisville, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maxpoint Interactive in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple and seamless. I was contacted via linkedin and the whole process took less than three weeks. I had an extremely good experience from initial contact to offer, and through the on-boarding process.

Interview Question – business case   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Morrisville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Maxpoint Interactive in April 2014.

Interview Details – When I first got a call from the recruiter, we completely hit it off! She raved about her experience and informed me that the company is growing so rapidly and expanding into different cities. It seemed like a no-brainer to jump on board at this time! The experience only got better from there. I had two Skype interviews where I learned about the accounts that MaxPoint works with and the campaigns that have been produced. I was thrilled to hear about the creative work environment (breakout rooms, snacks in the kitchen, etc.), and the supportive, collaborative team feel. The management at MaxPoint made me feel like they really WANTED me to join the team! They were responsive and very helpful in answering questions about the area, where to live, what to see, where to eat, etc. for relocation. I was even able to grab a bite with my new boss which was really helpful to get to know her and learn more about the position. As if this wasn't enough to convince me, I got my formal offer letter and the benefits were beyond anything I had before (potential for quarterly bonus, company-paid insurance premiums, retirement options, opportunity to purchase stock, etc.)! Of course, I said yes!!

Interview Question – There were no surprises in the interview questions. I appreciated that my interviewers tried to get to know me as a person to understand if I would be a good fit for the company. I had studied (and I still recommend doing so to get a good idea of what the company does), and was anticipating questions about digital campaign management. It wasn't until the in-person interview that the true "test" came. I had 45 minutes to answer five prompts. A few of the prompts included: 1) calculate the CTR and analyze trends; 2) you made a colossal mistake, write an email to the COO of the company; 3) provide feedback to this creative ad submitted by one of your clients. Thought I didn't know all of the correct answers, I believe they were more interested in understanding the thought process and composure (soft skills), rather than the hard, teachable skills!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After going through the process, you will know if it's the right company for you! I don't think the salary is negotiable, but it was enough to satisfy my needs. Also, the opportunity to earn a quarterly bonus will amazing!

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Maxpoint Interactive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maxpoint Interactive interview questions and advice in Morrisville, NC. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maxpoint Interactive employees and interview candidates.