Maxxam Analytics Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
9 interviews

2.2

Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in March 2014.

The questions focused on my past experience and skills that are transferable to the company. Most of the questions were technical, few were behavior descriptive. it was one on one with the hiring manager, HR was not present.

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in January 2014.

A few questions were asked on the related experience.
    Then they show you the workplace and what work you'd be doing.

No room for negotiation. They will give you what others get for the same job.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in June 2013.

There was 2 interviews, first was a telephone interview and then a group interview. The interview was very fun and respectful. They asked me very basic questions and were very entertaining. THe HR rep was very organized and thorough on scheduling the interview and at the interview process itself. The managers at the interview were great and seemed very approachable and friendly. They were very accomendating with the time of the interview.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics.

Meet with HR and Manager. Ask some technical questions

Lab Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics.

Two phone interviews and one personal. Nothing specific.

Interview Questions
    • What are the worst things your current supervisor could tell about you?   Answer Question

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in April 2011.

Telephone interviewed for about a few mins, onsite interview twice due to the position change. I was called in for Analyst 2 , after the first interview, they called me again, and offered me the second interview opportunity for Analyst 1. I got the offer one day after. I enjoyed the interviews, it's like talk to your friends. The HR and Department managers were very nice and welcome. The hiring process was quit prompt.

Interview Questions
    • They were interested in my project which was total unrelated to the job position. I guess they were curious. We were off the topic for about 10 mins, discussing my project. I didn't know if they understood or not after I tried my best.   Answer Question

Salary is too low.

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in April 2010.

Career fair style interview process

Interview Questions
    There was little to no negotiation.

Maxxam Analytics "Job Fair" Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in March 2012.

Maxxam Analytics posted a "Job Fair" promotion on some LinkedIn groups.

Most would assume a "Job Fair" is a networking event, where opportunities are showcased, and there is a chance to talk to hiring managers and employees.

This event is NOT a job fair, but rather a very large line up for an initial interview. I was told the wait would be at least an hour and a half to talk to the first company representative.

Competition at such an event is obviously huge. I'd think there would be better ways to approach this company, such as applying before the interview job fair is posted. Many of the positions are seasonal, for the summer months.

I dropped of a resume, but did not wait the one and a half hours for an initial interview.

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in April 2009.

I had gone to a workshop in March of 2009 and spoke with the HR lady. I had kept in touch with her for a few weeks as she said they would be looking for people in April/May. I sent her my CV and she contacted me and proceeded to do a phone interview. That went well and she scheduled an interview for the end of April. For the interview, there was the HR lady and a supervisor from the Analyst II instruments' department. They asked me all the typical questions...educational background, work experience, tested out my bilingual skills (it's required for the job), asked about my strengths and weaknesses, what characteristics I look for in a leader, salary expectations and told me that I would be contacted regardless if I get hired in 2 weeks. I was contacted about 2 weeks later and I had gotten the job. A friend of mine had also interviewed but he was never contacted (even though they told him they would whether he got the job or not).

The interview is done on the 2nd floor which is a cubicle/office space environment. It's much quieter and organized. Everyone is at their desk working. The HR lady is extremely shy which is highly unusual for an HR lady. She doesn't seem to have much authority. The other supervisor is very much in your face and intimidating. So during the interview you have to deal with two very distinct personalities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem you had at your previous employment and how you solved it?   Answer Question
    • How would you solve a conflict between yourself and a co-worker?   Answer Question
    No there was no negotiation. The company tricks you into providing a salary right off the bat. So I would suggest that you ask for a higher salary but beware that they don't care about your skills so much as hiring those who ask for the lowest salary. I asked for $30,000 and they gave me $27,300 so I was screwed the moment I walked in. Ask for at least $35,000 for the amount of work you'll be doing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maxxam Analytics

Worked for Maxxam Analytics? Contribute to the Community!