Maxxam Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.4

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

hiring process is based on if the lab manager likes you. skills not necessary, they claim they will train you - kind of. The Human Resource Department is ok. Having a bad attitude helps getting the job because Maxxam views that as being a good thing.

Interview Questions

• They will want you to show that you are worthy of working there.   1 Answer

ICP Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in October 2014.

Interview

I met a representative at a career fair and they were very interested in me. They said they would hand my resume over to a hiring manager. It took 2 weeks to get a phone call from an HR rep to set up a phone interview. I was asked to call the the HR rep and the scheduled time, which is odd, as HR should be the one to call. When I called the HR rep, they did not pick up and the scheduled phone interview was then pushed 30 minutes later. The HR rep on the other end was very unpleasant and took most of the interview time dissuading me from the job I was applying for. The interview questions were very standard, with Why you want to work here, what interests you, long term goals etc. Nothing too difficult.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

There is a single group interview with HR, the Lab supervisor, and a lab coordinator. They rotate asking questions. 2 part interview - a very simple and straightforward technical portion, and the standard HR question. For the analyst interview, there is also a written exam portion based off of duties and methods in the lab.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions, the process is very simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The business runs on a union, there's not much room for negotiation.

Lab Technician Microbiology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

This was for a Co-Op position as a Lab Technician in the Food Microbiology Lab. The interview was a pleasant conversation with the lab supervisor about the work done in the lab and the fast-paced environment. This co-op position was unpaid, so it was stressed during this interview that a travel stipend would be the only compensation we would receive.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions for this interview as its purpose was to gauge the fit with the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics in March 2014.

Interview

The questions focused on my past experience and skills that are transferable to the company. Most of the questions were technical, few were behavior descriptive. it was one on one with the hiring manager, HR was not present.

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

A few questions were asked on the related experience. Then they show you the workplace and what work you'd be doing.

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. They will give you what others get for the same job.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics.

Interview

Meet with HR and Manager. Ask some technical questions

Lab Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one personal. Nothing specific.

Interview Questions

• What are the worst things your current supervisor could tell about you?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

There was 2 interviews, first was a telephone interview and then a group interview. The interview was very fun and respectful. They asked me very basic questions and were very entertaining. THe HR rep was very organized and thorough on scheduling the interview and at the interview process itself. The managers at the interview were great and seemed very approachable and friendly. They were very accomendating with the time of the interview.

Co-op Student Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maxxam Analytics (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

On campus recruiting, there are 2 managers, 1 HR ask questions on the sheets in turn, the interview only lasts less than 30 mins. You need to show that you are interested and you are a dedicated, hardworking team member they are looking for. Previous lab experience would be an asset.

Interview Questions

• Normal behaviour based questions about dealing conflict, teamwork, safety, etc   Answer Question