Maxymiser Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.8

Optimization Analyst Interview

3 phone screenings and then an in person interview with presentation

BEWARE: What they ask you to do with the presentation and what they MEAN are completely different. They ask you to choose a couple pages from a website and recommend testing and they state this is the first time meeting with the company you are working with, you role play. What they want you to do is pretend like the company has brought up problems with their site and you address them. Basically the "first time meeting" is the confusing part, and the prompt is very vague. It makes you approach the assignment from a broad perspective when they want tests that address specific issues. The recruiter encouraged me to ask questions if needed, I would have emailed him 10 times if I did so I chose not to because he also asked me to confirm I understood the assignment which at first glance seems easy enough.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult besides the ones directed at my presentation because we were not on the same page.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

First contact by headhunter, 2 meetings

Talent Acquisition and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Maxymiser in April 2012.

1) 45 Minute HR Phone Interview (Based out of the UK)
    2) 45 Minute In-Person Interview with departmental VP
    3) 30 Minute In-Person Interview with Founder and President
    4) 15 Minute Follow-Up Phone Interview

I was pleasantly surprised that living inside this seemingly corporate place was actually a business casual, "start-upish" environment. The people are laid back but smart and the Founder and President gave me a great synopsis of his plans and views of the company's goals. Overall, I would have to say that the interview process was longer than usual, but pleasant. I was honest with them from the beginning but was clear about my goal to find something that would challenge me professionally. The people and the opportunity won me over. The ability to impact at a smaller company has always been an atmosphere I've thrived in.

CONTEXT: I interviewed with Maxymiser as a passive candidate. My initial views of the company were very corporate and, perhaps a bit buttoned-up for my taste just from looking at the overall site and Careers page.

Interview Questions
    • What types of talent management programs would you suggest for a smaller company like Maxymiser?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxymiser in September 2013.

Quick and easy

Smooth and quick

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Sales Compentency test

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about our technology - You will be expected to know EXACTLY what they do   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Maxymiser in July 2011.

Was approached by a recruiter for a graduate role with maxymiser. After being shortlisted for the phone interview confirmed a date and time. Phone interview was enjoyable, got invite to a 1:1 immediately afterwards.

1:1 interview involved a really easy maths test and a presentation. I had prepared my presentation and had gone through it with my recruitment consultant so was fairly confident about it.

Got to interview with two people, went straight to the presentation, however i seemed to have misinterpreted the brief of the presentation and the interview pretty much ground to a halt there and then.

I was told they would think about it and get back to me with and i would hear from them within the week, however i never heard from them or my recruitment consultant again, which i was a bit disappointed about. I could tell i did not get the job but i thought the least they could do was send an email rejection.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Maxymiser in March 2011.

One of the fastest interview processes I have been to. First step is a one-on-one interview, where they just go through your CV, experiences, etc. Here they are testing that you have the experience and knowledge of overall digital strategy, particularly related to any customer-focused and client-focused marketing strategy work that you have done.

The second interview was a week later (could have been earlier if I wanted), with a website case study - and having to come up with a presentation and identify key areas on the website to run AB and MVT testing on. There was also a 30 minute math multiple choice test which was not that difficult.

Verbal offer came pretty much at the end of the interview, and got confirmation from recruiter a day later. They offered a basic salary which seemed a bit low to me, and I declined it, in which case I was offered a higher offer, and then after declining again, was offered again. I do suggest to anyone if you get an offer to test their resolve to see if they can give you more.

I realised that I wanted to work for a strategy consultancy where I can further develop my knowledge. Maxymiser wants to recruit consultants with strategic thinking and experience in the digital field as they lack that - they're extremely strong in the technical implementation and running of AB and MVT testing, but need some expertise in translating client and client's customer needs into test areas to focus on.

Their final offer was no different than what I was offered a few weeks later from a top 5 consultancy, and so I really do think that as a small company, they need to offer something extra to attract talent.

Worked for Maxymiser? Contribute to the Community!