May Institute

Very Easy Interview

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Randolph, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at May Institute in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by HR, asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. He gave me bried but detailed information about the job and pay. I then received a email confirmation from him informing me who I would be meeting with during my interview. Upon my arrival I was greeted and was expected by the front office assistant. During my interview I met with two members ot the IT department. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable. They asked me standards questions about my background. After the interview I was informed that I should be hearing something over the next couple of days. I was then asked to come back for another interview to meet with another member of the team on Monday. During this interview as the HR specialist informed me, it was a technical interview. They wanted to learn about by thinking process. By Wednesday I was called to speak to my references. By the following tuesday I was called and offered the job.

Interview Question – I didn't feel the questions were difficult at all. They asked questions related to the job, that you should know. They informed up front that there is no right or wrong answer. It was just to understand you and how you assess things.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – THey ask you what salary you would like on the application and during the interview. For me I asked for less than what they offered. But they offered the max!

Manager Interview

Manager
Randolph, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at May Institute in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very thorough and professional. Was initially contacted for a screening by the Director of Recruitment, then interviewed with the Manager, then final interview with the full team. A little intimidating, but overall a very thorough process, setting the bar pretty high.
Initial corporate training was comprehensive and included all relevant information and anecdotal information, helpful in giving insight to the inner workings of the agency, again very professional and impressive.

Interview Question – How do you manage multiple competing priorities?   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist
Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at May Institute in August 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview was set up on line and a phone call. Very Professional

Interview Question – what would do in a situation like this? The interviewer gave an example.   View Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Teacher Assistant
Randolph, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at May Institute in May 2008.

Interview Details – fairly easy interview howeverit was from an employee referall. for every good person they hire theres the unsuccessful ones as well,positions require large amountsof patience, good company with a lot of career opportunity in the teaching field

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for May Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at May Institute interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by May Institute employees and interview candidates.