May Institute Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014
5 interviews

2.8

Assistant Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at May Institute.

Contacted by a recruiter for 5-10 minute interview/information session. Was invited back for an interview. Started out as a group for about 10 minutes and after a brief intro we were given about 1 hour of observation time in classrooms. After this I met with a hiring manager who was able to answer my questions and tell me more about the process. A few days later I was contacted again and a few weeks after background checks I was in orientation.

Interview Questions
    The rates were set in stone based on experience/education to be fair to all new employees.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at May Institute in July 2013.

I was initially contacted by HR, asking me if I would like to come in for an interview. He gave me bried but detailed information about the job and pay. I then received a email confirmation from him informing me who I would be meeting with during my interview. Upon my arrival I was greeted and was expected by the front office assistant. During my interview I met with two members ot the IT department. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable. They asked me standards questions about my background. After the interview I was informed that I should be hearing something over the next couple of days. I was then asked to come back for another interview to meet with another member of the team on Monday. During this interview as the HR specialist informed me, it was a technical interview. They wanted to learn about by thinking process. By Wednesday I was called to speak to my references. By the following tuesday I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel the questions were difficult at all. They asked questions related to the job, that you should know. They informed up front that there is no right or wrong answer. It was just to understand you and how you assess things.   Answer Question
    THey ask you what salary you would like on the application and during the interview. For me I asked for less than what they offered. But they offered the max!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at May Institute in November 2008.

Very thorough and professional. Was initially contacted for a screening by the Director of Recruitment, then interviewed with the Manager, then final interview with the full team. A little intimidating, but overall a very thorough process, setting the bar pretty high.
    Initial corporate training was comprehensive and included all relevant information and anecdotal information, helpful in giving insight to the inner workings of the agency, again very professional and impressive.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at May Institute in August 2012.

The Interview was set up on line and a phone call. Very Professional

Interview Questions
    • what would do in a situation like this? The interviewer gave an example.   View Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at May Institute in May 2008.

fairly easy interview howeverit was from an employee referall. for every good person they hire theres the unsuccessful ones as well,positions require large amountsof patience, good company with a lot of career opportunity in the teaching field

Worked for May Institute? Contribute to the Community!