Maybank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

PMO Analyst Interview

Behavioral questions mainly but they might have changed it. Not too difficult. Know the job description and you will be fine. Make sure it is the position you want, why you want and so forth. Need to know finance though so practice finance problems before the interview. Keep the conversation professional and answer the questions as it is asked not as how you want to answer it.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Maybank.

First interview with Hiring Manager. 2nd interview with Head of Unit. Final Interview with HR Manager or Head, depending on level and department.
    Interest, Technical knowledge and aspirations are important. Personality fit to the team is important as well.

Financial Executive Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maybank.

The avenue was held at Menara Akademi Etika, Kuala Lumpur. Mostly the new applicants including me from fresh graduate background. All of us waiting in one room provided and the interview been conducted by two panel. Each candidates interviewed by person.

Interview Questions
    • The section was easy. Not so difficult as imagined as the panel ask us to tell them a little bit about our education & experience background.   View Answer
    Not so demand as we are fresh graduate or lack of related working experience. The salary must suitable with our background education and skills.

Middle Management Interview

Initial interview for a couple of hours by HR and background checking, if accepted then the interviewee will be elevated to the acquiring unit, then interview with the Department Head, if all goes well and is approved then Job offer will be presented with the corresponding negotiation in terms of salary or others. After the offer is accepted then the next step is the medical examination.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult employee who can deter your department in achieving its goal.   Answer Question
    It was fast because the job offer was acceptable in terms of remuneration and benefits.

Global Markets Graduate Trainee Dealer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Maybank in May 2014.

Contact by Vice President to go down for an interview. Interview was casual, yet very technical. I was asked if I am following any current market news, what is the 10year yield right now, ability to interpolate rates, derive rates. No competency questions was asked.

Corporate Remedial Management Interview

After screening of application, the successful candidates will be informed to sit for an online assessment which will be sent via email. To be exact, psychometric test which covers numerical and verbal reasoning questions. Upon successful, the candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment process, which is the interview with 3 panels of Human Resource, and two from the Department that is hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Case scenarios of corporate remedial management task in problem solving and decision making.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Maybank.

first round interview with senior bdm and hiring manger, 2nd rd with hr

Interview Questions
    tried to but they maintained their offer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Maybank.

One interview in a beat up office that looks straight out of the eighties. Horrible work culture, consistently work midnights and weekends with no time off and expect to be in office by 9 the next day. No benefits, overtime or scope for growth. I don't understand why anyone would want to join the team. Immature management.

PMO Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Maybank.

1st interview with HR, IQ assessment and case study. 2nd interview with Head of dept.

Interview Questions
    • How if your team members didn't complete their work?   View Answer
    Fresh graduate. No negotiation

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Maybank in July 2013.

The jobs scope clearly shared and communicated during first round of interview. The expectation from team leader and challenges. Second round of interview focused on technical and job expectation. Hiring process conducted with HR personnel discussed on remuneration.