Mayo Clinic

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – Did not receive a call almost after a month to two of applying; interviewed with two of the supervisors of the department.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, the usual explain a time when... type of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, they offered me a good pay.

Rochester, MN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in September 2009.

Interview Details – They use behavioral intview questions, so prepare!

Interview Question – What do you like least about your current position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They fought tooth and nail

Rochester, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in September 2010.

Interview Details – For this and a couple other positions I applied for, the interview was with a panel of 3 people and they followed the behavioral interview. A friend of mine who is a Computer Programmer Analyst had a much more intensive interview with 9 people that took much longer, as I'm guessing he had to demonstrate he knew his stuff. Hard to say what each position would be like.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you took the initiative on something at what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate so I'm not sure if that's something they do.

Rochester, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interviews were two part- first on the phone and the second is in person. Phone interview was just a screening process- generic questions- strenghts? weaknesses? Why Mayo? Experience? In person interivew was with three people and consisted of over 10 behavioral questions. Interviewer provided a sheet describing a certain quality and I was asked to show how I demonstrated such a quality in the past.

Interview Question – Communication skills- tell me about a time you demostrated strong communication skills? Questions like this...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mayo Clinic

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mayo Clinic Financial Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mayo Clinic employees and interview candidates.