Mayo Clinic

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – filled out the online from on 1/17/2014. was emailed on 1/31 that my information was forwarded to the hiring manager. Was emailed on 5/14 for an interview. Declined to have it because I already found another position

IT Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on the web, was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview (one hour) and then called in for an in-person interview. It was a panel interview with the lead and several co-workers and a one on one with the manager. The interview took about 4 hours and contained both technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a problem with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – From what I understand Mayo doesn't normally negotiate but I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

IT Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in September 2011.

Interview Details – Mayo performed a short (half-hour) phone interview consisting of a mix of technical questions and behavioral questions. Since it was a panel interview with staff at several locations, it seemed a bit dis-jointed and did not flow well at times. I was called about a week and a half later and offered a full series of in-person interviews. This process was much easier and really gave me a better feeling of the organization and the position and team.

Interview Question – What do you know about iNodes?   View Answer

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!