Mayo Clinic

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Nurse Residency Interview

New Nurse Residency

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a call to schedule an phone interview after 1 week. The interview was with the HR department and it was very hard. The questions were: Why nursing? What kind of nurse you want to be? Give me an example of a time you had a difficult patient. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Can you work weekends and holidays? tell me what separates you from other candidates, and why we should hire you. The person interviewing me seemed very bored, and never asked me about an answer i gave. It seemed very mechanical. I believed I did good.

Interview Question – Tell me why we should hire you, and what separates you from the other candidates.   View Answer

Communications Consultant Interview

Communications Consultant
Rochester, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – Typically there will be a panel interview, and then if selected for follow-on, a series of interviews with other managers, administrators and individuals you'll be working with/for. Can be a very long day, or two separate visits. Sometimes a one-on-one first, then a panel, then the additional one-on-ones. In Public Affairs/Communications you will have at least two supervisors due to it being a matrixed organization. Likely you may have several 'clients,' within your area of responsibility.

Interview Question – Behavioral interview, pretty typical questions. Absolutely must understand the underlying philosophy of Mayo Clinic "The Needs of the Patient Come First," and must be able to show connection to your values.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lower offer than I was interested in, mentioned my master's degree and requested reconsideration, increased offer was satisfactory.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – East telephone interview, I did not have a lengthy interview process for the position. Typically requires some sort of presentation, and a one day interview. I did not go through a lengthy interview process and therefore it is hard for me to say much about the process

Environmental Services Supervisor Interview

Environmental Services Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – Application goes to HR for review, applications come to managers to accept most qualified candidates, interviews with manager and panel from department including HR with behavioral questions, best applicant is picked and call is made by HR for hire or non-hire.

Interview Question – It's all behavioral based questions, so each situation varies from person to person on experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal, I came from the low ranks, so it was a pretty minimal negotiation.

Hospital Pharmacist Interview

Hospital Pharmacist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – They roll out the red carpet for all potential employees.Dress to impress as they are big on professional, positive image, and appearance. Read the instructions for the interview (times and location), wait for them to come find you upon arrival.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions, just know about the institution (transplant, research, oncology, formulary, etc..)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy, def negotiate some (5% rule)

IT Systems Engineer Interview

IT Systems Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – filled out the online from on 1/17/2014. was emailed on 1/31 that my information was forwarded to the hiring manager. Was emailed on 5/14 for an interview. Declined to have it because I already found another position

Physical Therapist Interview

Physical Therapist

I applied online - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted within one week of submitting an online application. I scheduled an interview, and was emailed good directions to locate the facility. I arrived at the clinic and was met by the regional therapy manager, and given a tour of the facility. Then I was introduced to some of the staff, and interviewed by a panel of rehab department staff.

Interview Question – What is an example of your most challenging patient?   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Analyst Programmer

Interviewed at Mayo Clinic

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, two panel inperson interviews.

Interview Question – What challenges have you experienced, how did you over come them?   Answer Question

General Service Representative Interview

General Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was really quite simple. I came and ready and my now boss and I had a conversation. It was very low key and stress free.

Principal Health Analyst Interview

Principal Health Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was phone interview with 3 people, sounded very positive. They used the Behavioral Based Questions to determine my eligibility

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mayo Clinic

Worked for Mayo Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mayo Clinic interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mayo Clinic employees and interview candidates.