Mayo Clinic

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

3.2

Pca Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2014.

Called by HR 1 week after applying Set up two interviews. First one was with HR and was your standard behavioral interview. Next interview was with the hiring manager in the department you applied for. Same type of interview only included a tour and introduction to staff.

No Negotiations.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2014.

About one week after applying online for the position I received an email to set up a phone interview. I interviewed on the phone later that week with the lab supervisor and got the job offer the very next day. I was pretty surprised that there was no follow-up interview in person, but at the same time I was extremely happy the whole process went so fast.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions for a lab position, former experience, how I keep my days organized with multiple projects, etc.   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Typically there will be a panel interview, and then if selected for follow-on, a series of interviews with other managers, administrators and individuals you'll be working with/for. Can be a very long day, or two separate visits. Sometimes a one-on-one first, then a panel, then the additional one-on-ones. In Public Affairs/Communications you will have at least two supervisors due to it being a matrixed organization. Likely you may have several 'clients,' within your area of responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, pretty typical questions. Absolutely must understand the underlying philosophy of Mayo Clinic "The Needs of the Patient Come First," and must be able to show connection to your values.   Answer Question
    Lower offer than I was interested in, mentioned my master's degree and requested reconsideration, increased offer was satisfactory.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

East telephone interview, I did not have a lengthy interview process for the position. Typically requires some sort of presentation, and a one day interview. I did not go through a lengthy interview process and therefore it is hard for me to say much about the process

Environmental Services Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Application goes to HR for review, applications come to managers to accept most qualified candidates, interviews with manager and panel from department including HR with behavioral questions, best applicant is picked and call is made by HR for hire or non-hire.

Interview Questions
    • It's all behavioral based questions, so each situation varies from person to person on experience   Answer Question
    Minimal, I came from the low ranks, so it was a pretty minimal negotiation.

New Nurse Residency Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2014.

I applied online, and got a call to schedule an phone interview after 1 week. The interview was with the HR department and it was very hard. The questions were: Why nursing? What kind of nurse you want to be? Give me an example of a time you had a difficult patient. Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Can you work weekends and holidays? tell me what separates you from other candidates, and why we should hire you. The person interviewing me seemed very bored, and never asked me about an answer i gave. It seemed very mechanical. I believed I did good.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why we should hire you, and what separates you from the other candidates.   View Answer

Staff RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2014.

behavioral questions two panels of 2-5 people. mostly situation questions regarding past experiences. will struggle if you lack experience. overall not bad. be prepared to interview all day. Process takes about 4 months from applying to interview and decision....

Laboratory Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2014.

Behavioural Interviews are always used. At the time I applied for this position, I was out of the area and they accommodated me by doing a webcam interview. I was granted a second interview but was not offered the position in the end. They did not provide feedback and I had to email the HR partner myself after waiting a week (which I correctly assumed to mean I wasn't selected.)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered a complex problem and solved it using a common sense solution.   Answer Question

Hospital Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

They roll out the red carpet for all potential employees.Dress to impress as they are big on professional, positive image, and appearance. Read the instructions for the interview (times and location), wait for them to come find you upon arrival.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, just know about the institution (transplant, research, oncology, formulary, etc..)   Answer Question
    Pretty easy, def negotiate some (5% rule)

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

filled out the online from on 1/17/2014. was emailed on 1/31 that my information was forwarded to the hiring manager. Was emailed on 5/14 for an interview. Declined to have it because I already found another position