Mayo Clinic Interview Questions & Reviews

75 interviews

3.2

Sponsored Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Like anything Mayo related, the pace is akin to molasses; you will practice the virtue of patience during the process. Typically after about a week or two of initially applying your application is sent to a hiring manager and then anywhere between two to four weeks later you will get a rejection email or called for an interview. The interview happens soon thereafter, but if it is during the beginning of the process you may have to wait a week or three for all of the interviews to be done.

The interview process is mostly to strictly behavioral based and it involves a panel, ranging in three people to a dozen or more. They ask, you respond. Depending on how quick you can think on your feet to answer their sometimes seemingly irrelevant questions, you may or may not like the interview. I found that the questions did little to weed out those who would work well or not work well as they focused too much on feel good aspects and not enough on work ethic.

With that being said, the interviewers were all friendly, professional, and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker on how to accomplish a task and how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in February 2013.

HR initially contacts to request a phone interview. A phone interview was scheduled with 3 hiring managers. Following the phone interview, a face-to-face interview is scheduled. There was a panel of 4 interviewers. 2 via video conferencing and 2 in the office.

Interview consisted of standard questions. Nothing overly challenging to answer. Many redundant questions that made it difficult to demonstrate diverse skills. However, before the interview began, a meeting was held with the HR Specialist to review benefits. Also, a tour and overview of the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. There were a lot of redundant questions that overlapped which made it difficult to really demonstrate diverse skills.   Answer Question

Salary was low.

Appointment Scheduler Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Phone call from HR for a panel interview with different desk supervisors.

Interview Questions
    I did not take advantage of it, but found out afterwards that I could have.

Catering Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2011.

I went through a couple of phone interviews and a full day of interviews with prospective boss and other staff members. I visited with the hiring boss for an hour or so. I then joined her and another manager for lunch. Finally, I met with about a dozen people for a round table of questions. It was actually fun.

Interview Questions
    • I truly can't recall anything out of the ordinary that I was asked.   View Answer
    I tried; asked if the offered salary was on the low end or high end. I was told low, and really not offered anything further.
    Disappointing, and truly should be paid more.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in September 2011.

Behavorial style interview. Expect a panel of people.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiatiop phase

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Did not receive a call almost after a month to two of applying; interviewed with two of the supervisors of the department.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, the usual explain a time when... type of questions   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, they offered me a good pay.

Emergency Room Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in March 2013.

Snail's pace between initial application and calling for interview. Interview process was all behavioral and about scenarios, along with "teamwork" questions and how to handle difficult patients.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of when you had differences with a colleague.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2013.

Posting process is all done via H/R department. Interview process is handled via the hiring manager, using a panel interview to help in determining best suited candidates. All interviews are behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult customer that digs their heels in, expressing their desires (for or against); when it is very clear the decision is wrong and/or detrimental?   View Answer

Research Fellow Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in December 2009.

I was called by current supervisor and was asked some specific questions about what I was done in my college, and what is your advantage to fulfill the project he will assign? Why you choose to work at Mayo Clinic, where you know this job opportunity from? What is your career plan in next 3 years?

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in March 2012.

The easiest interview process I have ever been to. They made me feel comfortable, and showed great respect to me. They were more concerned about my soft skills, rather than accomplishments or metrics. The friendliness and care they showed, made me want the job, more so than any other interview I had been to

Minimal negotiation, very fair 1st offer