Mayo Clinic

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

3.2

Staff RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2014.

behavioral questions two panels of 2-5 people. mostly situation questions regarding past experiences. will struggle if you lack experience. overall not bad. be prepared to interview all day. Process takes about 4 months from applying to interview and decision....

Laboratory Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2014.

Behavioural Interviews are always used. At the time I applied for this position, I was out of the area and they accommodated me by doing a webcam interview. I was granted a second interview but was not offered the position in the end. They did not provide feedback and I had to email the HR partner myself after waiting a week (which I correctly assumed to mean I wasn't selected.)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered a complex problem and solved it using a common sense solution.   Answer Question

Hospital Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

They roll out the red carpet for all potential employees.Dress to impress as they are big on professional, positive image, and appearance. Read the instructions for the interview (times and location), wait for them to come find you upon arrival.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, just know about the institution (transplant, research, oncology, formulary, etc..)   Answer Question
    Pretty easy, def negotiate some (5% rule)

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

filled out the online from on 1/17/2014. was emailed on 1/31 that my information was forwarded to the hiring manager. Was emailed on 5/14 for an interview. Declined to have it because I already found another position

Informatics Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in May 2014.

Initial 30 minute phone screening followed by a day long on-site interview. On-site interview included individual interviews with several people as well as a panel type interview with a small group. The interviews are behavioral interviews where they want you to explain your answers using examples from your own work. I found the interviews thorough and well organized. There is a definitely hierarchy in place in the culture. It seemed like it would be a very intellectually challenging place to work which is what I've been looking for. Unfortunately, the salary offered didn't meet my requirements.

Salary requirements weren't met.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Two phone interviews, two panel inperson interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you experienced, how did you over come them?   Answer Question

General Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

The hiring and interview process was really quite simple. I came and ready and my now boss and I had a conversation. It was very low key and stress free.

Clinical Education Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Behavior interviewing is rampant here. Each work unit uses it. Once you get the idea of what they are asking it is easy to talk about your experiences and highlight the aspect of behavior they want. It is very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Interview - Just be prepared with different situations and stories to highlight various aspects of your experiences.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They give you a salary figure and tell you it is not negotiable.

Principal Health Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in April 2014.

It was phone interview with 3 people, sounded very positive. They used the Behavioral Based Questions to determine my eligibility

Physical Therapist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic in April 2014.

Was contacted within one week of submitting an online application. I scheduled an interview, and was emailed good directions to locate the facility. I arrived at the clinic and was met by the regional therapy manager, and given a tour of the facility. Then I was introduced to some of the staff, and interviewed by a panel of rehab department staff.