Mayo Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.2

Certified Surgical Technologist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Get any Union job at Mayo prior to finishing Surg Tech school. Jobs go to exsisting Union memebers first, then opened to the public.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you disagreed with management an how you handled it.   Answer Question
    none, based on union contract

Senior Health Systems Engineering Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in February 2014.

I had a phone interview initially. Phone interview was, by followed a panel interview, which was structured in the form of behavioral questions, case study, presentation, and detailed explanation of the a written report. The panel interview took close to two hours

Interview Questions
    • The difficult part was the question regarding data, and the validity of data utilized data   Answer Question

Sponsored Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Like anything Mayo related, the pace is akin to molasses; you will practice the virtue of patience during the process. Typically after about a week or two of initially applying your application is sent to a hiring manager and then anywhere between two to four weeks later you will get a rejection email or called for an interview. The interview happens soon thereafter, but if it is during the beginning of the process you may have to wait a week or three for all of the interviews to be done.

The interview process is mostly to strictly behavioral based and it involves a panel, ranging in three people to a dozen or more. They ask, you respond. Depending on how quick you can think on your feet to answer their sometimes seemingly irrelevant questions, you may or may not like the interview. I found that the questions did little to weed out those who would work well or not work well as they focused too much on feel good aspects and not enough on work ethic.

With that being said, the interviewers were all friendly, professional, and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker on how to accomplish a task and how did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Appointment Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Phone call from HR for a panel interview with different desk supervisors.

Interview Questions
    I did not take advantage of it, but found out afterwards that I could have.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Did not receive a call almost after a month to two of applying; interviewed with two of the supervisors of the department.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, the usual explain a time when... type of questions   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, they offered me a good pay.

Unit Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I received a phone call to schedule an interview 4-5 days after I applied, the interview was in turn scheduled one week from that day.
    Interview consisted mostly of situational questions, such as how you handle certain types of customers, how you handle multiple tasks at once, and times where you had to take charge of something and it was not working out as planned. They also asked what you may need to be successful in the job.
    Another thing I wanted to point out is that there is another review here (as of this writing it's on page 2) where someone says that they felt they were just being interviewed as part of a formality as mayo already knew who they were going to give the job to. I feel the exact same way, I found out 2 days after my interview that there were already people who had been tailored for the job openings (at least one of which was an external candidate), so I guess you really need to know someone on the inside.

Interview Questions
    • If we contacted your current/former employers what would they say are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Phone, video, and on-site interviews. Nothing too tough.

Interview Questions
    • How to tell a senior team member that they are wrong and why.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2013.

Posting process is all done via H/R department. Interview process is handled via the hiring manager, using a panel interview to help in determining best suited candidates. All interviews are behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult customer that digs their heels in, expressing their desires (for or against); when it is very clear the decision is wrong and/or detrimental?   View Answer

RN Nurse Residency Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Two days after application deadline, received a call for a screening interview. Interview scheduled for the following day.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2013.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone screen/interview 2 days later. I was contacted the same day to come in for an interview the following day. Interview went very well. Questions were behavior-based so be prepared to give specific examples and results from prior experiences. Be yourself. I was offered the position one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question