Mayo Clinic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Rochester, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2012.

Interview Details – Way too long (7 months). Interview process pretty standard at Mayo. Come in for panel interview then only contacted if getting the offer, otherwise no communication.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions but worded in strange ways so they don't seem standard. Do a 10 min. presentation on yourself.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough money and they were unwilling to negociate

Biostatistics Summer Intern Interview

Rochester, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in March 2012.

Interview Details – Get an email notification first, then a phone interview, and later offer

Interview Question – Describe your research
How do you think your research experience can benefit the project you are going to work on in the summer?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Rochester, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in January 2010.

Interview Details – I hade an interview and committee decided I was fit for the position

Project Manager Interview

Rochester, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in March 2010.

Interview Details – They already had who they wanted to hire and everyone who gets interviewed is just part of the process. It's a formality

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you used compassion   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Rochester, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in October 2010.

Interview Details – Not much here. It was a phone interview. I packed up and moved to MN (from California)

Interview Question – Not real tough question, they just wanted me to work here, so hard to say what the hardest question was   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Rochester, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2010.

Interview Details – Depending on what type of job you are applying, the prospect of getting an interview are slim unless you have a lot of experience in the area you are applying for. Most interviews at Mayo are group/panel interviews, on average around 3-5 people, where 2-3 are colleagues that you will working with directly.

Interview Question – Some people can be counted on to provide their own self-direction and initiative. Tell us about a time when you were successful in managing your own actions and outcomes, despite obstacles, distractions, and/or temptations.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Rochester, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in September 2010.

Interview Details – For this and a couple other positions I applied for, the interview was with a panel of 3 people and they followed the behavioral interview. A friend of mine who is a Computer Programmer Analyst had a much more intensive interview with 9 people that took much longer, as I'm guessing he had to demonstrate he knew his stuff. Hard to say what each position would be like.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult decision and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you took the initiative on something at what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate so I'm not sure if that's something they do.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in May 2011.

Interview Details – Great and fair

Interview Questions

Director Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in February 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of situational questions. They read from a predetermined list of questions. A lot of "describe a time when..." type questions. Be prepared with many specific stories or examples from your previous work experience. Most interviews are group or panel interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult employee situation.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Rochester, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in November 2011.

Interview Details – behavior interview