Mayo Clinic

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

3.2

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Did not receive a call almost after a month to two of applying; interviewed with two of the supervisors of the department.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, the usual explain a time when... type of questions   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, they offered me a good pay.

Unit Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

I received a phone call to schedule an interview 4-5 days after I applied, the interview was in turn scheduled one week from that day.
    Interview consisted mostly of situational questions, such as how you handle certain types of customers, how you handle multiple tasks at once, and times where you had to take charge of something and it was not working out as planned. They also asked what you may need to be successful in the job.
    Another thing I wanted to point out is that there is another review here (as of this writing it's on page 2) where someone says that they felt they were just being interviewed as part of a formality as mayo already knew who they were going to give the job to. I feel the exact same way, I found out 2 days after my interview that there were already people who had been tailored for the job openings (at least one of which was an external candidate), so I guess you really need to know someone on the inside.

Interview Questions
    • If we contacted your current/former employers what would they say are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Phone, video, and on-site interviews. Nothing too tough.

Interview Questions
    • How to tell a senior team member that they are wrong and why.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Mayo Clinic in July 2013.

Posting process is all done via H/R department. Interview process is handled via the hiring manager, using a panel interview to help in determining best suited candidates. All interviews are behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult customer that digs their heels in, expressing their desires (for or against); when it is very clear the decision is wrong and/or detrimental?   View Answer

RN Nurse Residency Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Two days after application deadline, received a call for a screening interview. Interview scheduled for the following day.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in June 2013.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone screen/interview 2 days later. I was contacted the same day to come in for an interview the following day. Interview went very well. Questions were behavior-based so be prepared to give specific examples and results from prior experiences. Be yourself. I was offered the position one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in May 2013.

There was a quick response to application to schedule interview. The Pharmacy Manager and Supervisor met with me in the manager's office. I was told the hiring decision was expected in 2 weeks, but it took about 6 weeks. The final response came from HR, not the hiring supervisor who was sent follow-up thank yous and status update requests every 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The question had to do with HIPAA and how to keep confidential information from being shared. HIPAA is "old" news. People working in hospitals are well aware of implications and fines for sharing private information.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in May 2013.

I am a PhD student and working on application of Computer Science in the health domain. I was interested in working Information Retrieval for health related search queries. So I contacted a researcher at the Mayo Clinic and expressed my interest. He asked for my resume, research experience and publications. The process took 2 weeks and I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Application of my research work in terms of projects at Mayo Clinic   Answer Question

Clinical Lab Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mayo Clinic in April 2013.

I submitted a resume and cover letter and did an in person behavioral interview following the SHARE model. The interview panel was composed of 3 current employees and I felt very comfortable talking with them.

Interview Questions
    • Each question's response is supposed to allow you to show how you learned and grew from the experience and explaining that each time was the most difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was given all the information before hand and knew I would accept if given an offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mayo Clinic.

Used a behavioral interviewing approach – questions were “canned” and a team rotated through their questions. Asked questions about skills, which after being employed were never used on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a stressful situation. How did you work through it?   Answer Question
    HR called made the offer and told me the salary that they were going to offer. There was not negotiation...either take it or leave it.