Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
2 people found this helpful
Registered Nurse Resident Interview
I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Mayo Clinic in December 2012.
The nurse residency program interview process is rigorous. The online application begins the process. Residents are selected twice a year. Initial applications received for the posting total approximately 175-250. From this, roughly 100 are phone screened. Then 50 applicants are selected for onsite or video conference interviews. There are typically 14 total job openings across various units that need to be filled.
As other potential employees have stated, the interviews themselves are made up of behavioral questions. However, in the phone screen there were some traditional questions, e.g. Tell me about yourself?, Why do you want to work for the Mayo Clinic?, etc.
As one poster stated, time is limited in which one can ask questions of the potential hiring managers to determine an appropriate fit (i.e. do you really want to work for this person). This is a part of the interview process that needs improving.
HR sticks to their word; they will notify you one way or the other when they give a deadline for candidate selection.
As others have stated, the second round interview is 8-9 questions from a panel (the hiring managers for the various units). The questions I was asked were fairly straightforward. I did encounter two part questions that some have alluded to.
Make sure you are very familiar with the company's culture, mission, values, and current projects. Good Luck!
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mayo Clinic
- Financial Representative (4)
- IT Systems Engineer (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (3)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Systems Analyst (2)
- Supervisor (2)
- Human Resources Senior Service Partner (2)
- Business Consulting Fellowship (2)
- HRIS Analyst II (1)
- RN Nurse Residency (1)
- Emergency Room Physician Assistant (1)
- Catering Retail Manager (1)
- Sponsored Project Specialist (1)
- Principal Health Analyst (1)
- New Nurse Residency (1)
- Health Systems Engineering Analyst (1)
- Senior Health Systems Engineering Analyst (1)
- Clinical Education Coordinator (1)
- Biostatistics Summer Intern (1)
- RN/ICU Staff Nurse (1)
- Registered Nurse Resident (1)
- Medical Physics Resident (1)
- General Service Representative (1)
- Bio Statistician (1)
- Lead Administrative Assistant (1)
- Surgery (1)
- Sales (1)
- Speech-Language Pathologist (1)
- Staff Nurse (1)