Mazda North American Operations Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mazda North American Operations

Anonymous Interview

Interview

phone interview, then face to face interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• none. they were all kind...too kind. they let you know that you are not their first pick in a subtle way during interview.   Answer Question

Dealer Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

During the interview they give a good pitch on it's great to work for Mazda, then after an hour they show you out and not hear from them in 3 months. Only to find they decided to go with someone despite going through an agency.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual standard questions   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mazda North American Operations.

Interview

Found internship online and applied through the Mazda USA website, got an email from recruitment person to set up a phone interview with them. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Since I wasn't in the area yet I did not do an in person interview. They did extensive background check and drug test. Once everything checked out they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• How can you help our company? (Wasn't expecting this question since it was only an internship)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Programmer/Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Application Director, Applications manager, and Business Analyst. The Interview process was very positive an the overall feel was very welcoming. The Applications Manager was also very encouraging and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about what you do at your current position   1 Answer

Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Met with two managers, interview went well. Both were friendly. Nothing difficult about the interview. Typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle irate customers?   1 Answer
    • Explain your previous job responsibilities listed on your resume   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring Process is typical of a big company

Interview Questions

• Provide an overview of the products in Mazda's competitive set   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mazda was not willing to negotiate in the traditional sense..

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mazda North American Operations in February 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of an intense one hour 1:1 interview with very specific questions pertaining to the position applied for. Followed by two interviews face to face with the hiring manager and upper level managers. No job offer was given because of a immediate job freeze put in place days after the last interview.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Mazda North American Operations (Irvine, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Ok. It was smooth. No development of a friendly business relationship because they know they do not want to keep you for long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok.